Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › ModMic on my DT880!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ModMic on my DT880!

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

 

So Its been a minute since I've posted, but I had to put this up.

 

I just got a new mic from Jim over at http://www.modmic.com/ and put it on my DT880's, here are some pics.  I chose an under mount style as the cup on them made for a nice location.  As you can see in my profile I'm an Xbox gamer and use the Astro MixAmp into a Schiit Asgard amp as these are 600 ohms.  Anyway the mic went on great and works very well.  I love how light weight it is and I have it bent in a way that I can't see it out of my peripheral vision.  I cant even tell its there, it just works.  The sound is great as my friends have complimented on it over Xbox Live.  For you guys with a custom set up this is a great way to go.  I have gone through a couple different mic set ups so far and this has been my best one yet.

 

 

2.JPG

 

1.JPG

 

3.JPG

post #2 of 12

Interesting...i have to try their service someday. Which mics have you tried? 


Edited by jackwess - 4/24/12 at 6:29pm
post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwess View Post

Interesting...i have to try their service someday. Which mics have you tried? 

 

They only have the one design that I know of for sale right now as you can see on their site.  That is the one I have there in my pics.

post #4 of 12

I think jackwess meant, "what mics from any other company have you tried?" Not just "what other AntLion mics".

 

Interesting choice, mounting them below the cup! I have one on my 880 too, and it's on the side where it says "DT 880". 

Nice headphone stand too. What is it?

post #5 of 12
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_C View Post

I think jackwess meant, "what mics from any other company have you tried?" Not just "what other AntLion mics".

 

Interesting choice, mounting them below the cup! I have one on my 880 too, and it's on the side where it says "DT 880". 

Nice headphone stand too. What is it?

 

LOL.. I have used a mic from Tritton that i made a custom clip for, but I had to have a custom 2.5 female to 3.5 male cable made.  Head-fi user Mad Max made a cable for me and it works great.  I just didn't like my clip I designed and need to redesign it.  i will hold off on it for now as this mic works great.

 

The stand is old parts from stirling solar engine that I designed while working for a solar company.  I don't work there any more but the parts made a nice stand.

post #6 of 12

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_C View Post

I think jackwess meant, "what mics from any other company have you tried?" Not just "what other AntLion mics".

 

 

Exactly, thats what i was trying to say. Thanks man. 

 

Op, in case you decide to redesign your clip let us know. 

post #7 of 12
That stand is BOSS.
post #8 of 12

Hey, I know this is an old post, but listening to something on medium-70% levels on PC, does the modmic pick up the sound of the DT 880's?

post #9 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plexon View Post
 

Hey, I know this is an old post, but listening to something on medium-70% levels on PC, does the modmic pick up the sound of the DT 880's?

No not at all. Worked great.  I use Sennheiser HD 650's now which are full open and the Modmic still works great.  The mic is very precise in that just keep it fairly close to your mouth without breathing into it.  It really only pics up you.

post #10 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

That stand is BOSS.

Thanks!! I designed and made it with a few parts left over from a solar engine project I worked on back in the day.

post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles View Post
 

 

 

LOL.. I have used a mic from Tritton that i made a custom clip for, but I had to have a custom 2.5 female to 3.5 male cable made.  Head-fi user Mad Max made a cable for me and it works great.  I just didn't like my clip I designed and need to redesign it.  i will hold off on it for now as this mic works great.

 

The stand is old parts from stirling solar engine that I designed while working for a solar company.  I don't work there any more but the parts made a nice stand.

 

There's an adapter that comes in the box with the XBox adapter, did that not help?

post #12 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakiChan View Post
 

 

There's an adapter that comes in the box with the XBox adapter, did that not help?

This is way old from my Xbox 360.  That setup evolved and changed. It was the best with Antlion ModMic in the end. 

 

Now onto custom setups on my Xbox One.  You can track that over on Mad Lust Envy's gaming headphone thread.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › ModMic on my DT880!