w/o the extension it's not an issue, as it's just 0.6m long
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 12/1/12 at 11:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Deep bass In earphones for me? Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SoundMAGIC E10's? Vs. Klipsch Image S4's? Last post on 9/28/12 at 6:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- US$130 budget. Best headphones/IEM for Trance, Dance, HipHop, Classical Last post on 9/28/12 at 6:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Have £200 budget to get myself 2 pairs of headphones/earphones please help Last post on 9/26/12 at 12:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Edited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
Related Head Gear
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet. - Page 102
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yeah I think that might be an annoyance for me, regardless if it comes with the extra 0.6m extension. Correct me if I'm wrong but is that feature not for runners who would wear a Sansa clip or ipod Nano to their sleeve?
I think it's an interesting feature, but one I'm not particularly fond of. Especially if the wiring or plating goes, or it becomes loose.
I guess I'll judge it when I use it. Might come in handy for untangling, but I'm concerned about wear and tear too.
Edited by Ap0th3Kary2 - 8/29/12 at 9:21pm
Mine showed up today. Doing the ritual burn-in over the next few days for requisite QC, etc.
So far loving the lack of isolation and they are doing quite well at around 30-32dB. They utterly fail the finger snap test which is perfect! I can hear and understand the news on TV which measures about 40dB at my location w/ my meter.
Sorry for quoting such an old post, but that is exactly what I want. I am looking for IEMs that do NOT isolate. Need to hear wife talking or at least know she is trying to talk to me. Have isolating customs already.
For references, the isolation that VMODA V-80s or Koss KSC75s provide is the maximum amount that I can tolerate (I need <12 db, as little as possible without losing bass). I had Yuin PK1s before but feel that they lack deep bass and are too hard to drive.
Will these isolate LESS than Sony MDR-EX700s / EX1000s? How about compare to JVC FX500s? Thanks!
Hi, I am very interested in these and am looking at ordering them to replace some rapidly deteriorating NE-7Ms. I want to give Canada customs a call so I know what to expect as far as additional fees. Can someone advise where the CKM500 is manufactured? Thanks
Edited by mrsolid - 8/31/12 at 12:24pm
You're making things a lot more complicated than they should be.
I happened to be on a trip in Japan when I read this thread and I tried to find the cheapest place where they were on sale. I found them on Yahoo auctions (basically an eBay in Japan) and I managed to be the maximum bidder for a brand new pair of the white ckm500 at 3100 Japanese yen. (plus 200 yen shipping). For those of you wondering, 3100 Japanese yen is about 41 us dollars. I was planning on buying 3 or 4 more of them and then sell them to you guys on headfi at a discounted price, but since I wasn't so happy with them in the beginning, i decided not to do so. I am extremely satisfied with these IEMs and I now carry them wherever I go, something which I could not do with my big bulky shures. Now I am planning to sell the shures since I don't use the, anymore and next time dsnuts finds some excellent value for the price headphones, I'll be sure to get them.
Sure. Look into the new JVC HA-S500. Excellent. Also a new Japanese product. Fantastic portable cans. They also need a good 200 hours of burn in but sound fantastic and cost about the same as these CKM500s.
Uhm... I'm a little worried.
I ordered these from ebay seller dzone2 - a Hong Kong seller with very reasonable prices (ATH-M50 @ $136 CAD, and CKM500 @ $58 CAD), and free shipping- and after waiting a few days (maybe not long enough) I decided to google dzone2 and see if anyone has any problems with fakes from them. Well I got mixed results, with most people not commenting on the product, but lack of service.
Has anybody ordered from dzone2 on ebay? If not, can anybody maybe help releive my anxiety on this subject? Either for or against them in legitimacy, it doesn't matter, I just need peace of mind.
- The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
- › The Stax thread (New) 17 seconds ago
- › The curse of "higher"-fi / Refuse to use EQ, bass boost, too... 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 1 minute ago
- › The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - No affiliate links... 2 minutes ago
- › Low-Price Audiophile Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-W3000ANV 5 minutes ago
- › Closed Headphones below $200 5 minutes ago
- › My Monster Miles Davis Tributes for your Shure SE215 + Cash 7 minutes ago
- › Replacement for SE215's 9 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones for low volume listening? 9 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe