Hifiman is putting out a new battery for the 901 apparently, with 8.4v and 2200mAh. The upgrade is free for those in China. Thanks CosmicHolyGhost for the info.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productColorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-801tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-901tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productQLS-HIFI QA350 V2+ SD Card WAV High Fidelity Music Player Portable player Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productTeclast T51tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- 24/96 Playback. Portability? Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ibasso DX100, Colorfly C4 or Hifiman HM 801 Last post on 10/20/13 at 12:45pm in Portable Source Gear
- Help! Colorfly C4 pro and hifiman 901 which one is better? Last post on 10/24/13 at 2:29pm in Portable Source Gear
- WTB: Colorfly C4 32GB or Ibasso DX100 Last post on 9/12/13 at 10:18pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- xduoo X3-B High-end- DAP Last post on 9/24/13 at 6:59am in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
HM-901 - Page 169post #2521 of 253011/27/13 at 8:34pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2522 of 253011/27/13 at 11:57pmQuote:I have the SE535 and the IEM card and it's a great combo. Even when the old standard card sounded very good with the SE535, there is a noticeable improvement with the IEM card, it's a better match. I got the new standard card on the way so I will give you my impressions pretty soon.Originally Posted by chardy52
Hello, Considering buying HM-901 but a bit confused about amp cards. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I primarily use Heir Audio 5.0 iems and Shure 535s. I'm basically looking for a recommendation on which amp card I should use. I have read there are volume issues with using the balanced card with iems. High impedance vs low impedance and how it relates to my iems is also confusing to me. Im just not sure what would be my best options for the HM-901. I'm currently using a Cowan J3 + Heir Audio Rendition amp. Looking for a more compact solution to great sound. Thank You so much for any advice you can give.post #2523 of 253011/28/13 at 4:08amQuote:
Okay - thanks! I just checked my battery. It says
+7.4V 1600mAh, -7.4 520mAh
I frankly don't understand the latter. Why is the negative part only 520mAh, when the positive is 1600mAh?post #2524 of 253011/28/13 at 4:13ampost #2525 of 253012/2/13 at 7:32pm
Thanks for the reply. A bit of a update.... I contacted Heir Audio and HIFiman with the question of which card balanced or iem for the Shure 535 and the Heir Audio 5.0. They both responded that due to the high impedance of both sets of iems the balanced card is the recommended card for the HM-901. Again thank you to all who responded and I hope this bit of info helps anyone else who happens to have the same concerns.post #2526 of 253012/2/13 at 7:44pmQuote:
The actual answer is because the (+) rail powers the whole (digital) system as well as the (analog) amp section, while the (-) rail is only powering the amp section to make up for the +/- dual rail needed. Therefore you don't need that big of a (-) side of the battery and the battery pack as a whole can drain more evenly. If the two cells are equal in capacity, the (+) rail will drain faster and you need to recharge it more often.
Edited by ClieOS - 12/2/13 at 7:48pmpost #2527 of 253012/2/13 at 10:25pmpost #2528 of 253012/2/13 at 10:58pm
Well, there is one or two case of battery ballooning (a sign of over-discharge) over at erji.net, so they are probably replacing the whole batch just to be safe.post #2529 of 253012/4/13 at 1:58pm
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Pair of headphones, $50/£30, for Metal and Rock 3 minutes ago
- › December 2013 - Mook Headphone Festival Singapore 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Grado PS500s (new Grado's) 5 minutes ago
- › Do expensive headphone cables really matter? 6 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 10 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi