Hifiman is putting out a new battery for the 901 apparently, with 8.4v and 2200mAh. The upgrade is free for those in China. Thanks CosmicHolyGhost for the info.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productColorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-801tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-901tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productQLS-HIFI QA350 V2+ SD Card WAV High Fidelity Music Player Portable player Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productTeclast T51tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- 24/96 Playback. Portability? Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ibasso DX100, Colorfly C4 or Hifiman HM 801 Last post on 10/20/13 at 12:45pm in Portable Source Gear
- Help! Colorfly C4 pro and hifiman 901 which one is better? Last post on 10/24/13 at 2:29pm in Portable Source Gear
- WTB: Colorfly C4 32GB or Ibasso DX100 Last post on 9/12/13 at 10:18pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- xduoo X3-B High-end- DAP Last post on 9/24/13 at 6:59am in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
i am giving this review after a month use, 30+ hours burning its still improving. at the first use found these a crap they were sounding low on my phone they are not that impact that i was looking...
For the prize, these sound amazing! I was extremly happy about my purchase until the headband broke. I only used them normally, with no extreme stretching at all. It is made of fragile plastic....
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
HM-901 - Page 169post #2521 of 253111/27/13 at 8:34pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2522 of 253111/27/13 at 11:57pmQuote:I have the SE535 and the IEM card and it's a great combo. Even when the old standard card sounded very good with the SE535, there is a noticeable improvement with the IEM card, it's a better match. I got the new standard card on the way so I will give you my impressions pretty soon.Originally Posted by chardy52
Hello, Considering buying HM-901 but a bit confused about amp cards. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I primarily use Heir Audio 5.0 iems and Shure 535s. I'm basically looking for a recommendation on which amp card I should use. I have read there are volume issues with using the balanced card with iems. High impedance vs low impedance and how it relates to my iems is also confusing to me. Im just not sure what would be my best options for the HM-901. I'm currently using a Cowan J3 + Heir Audio Rendition amp. Looking for a more compact solution to great sound. Thank You so much for any advice you can give.post #2523 of 253111/28/13 at 4:08amQuote:
Okay - thanks! I just checked my battery. It says
+7.4V 1600mAh, -7.4 520mAh
I frankly don't understand the latter. Why is the negative part only 520mAh, when the positive is 1600mAh?post #2524 of 253111/28/13 at 4:13ampost #2525 of 253112/2/13 at 7:32pm
Thanks for the reply. A bit of a update.... I contacted Heir Audio and HIFiman with the question of which card balanced or iem for the Shure 535 and the Heir Audio 5.0. They both responded that due to the high impedance of both sets of iems the balanced card is the recommended card for the HM-901. Again thank you to all who responded and I hope this bit of info helps anyone else who happens to have the same concerns.post #2526 of 253112/2/13 at 7:44pmQuote:
The actual answer is because the (+) rail powers the whole (digital) system as well as the (analog) amp section, while the (-) rail is only powering the amp section to make up for the +/- dual rail needed. Therefore you don't need that big of a (-) side of the battery and the battery pack as a whole can drain more evenly. If the two cells are equal in capacity, the (+) rail will drain faster and you need to recharge it more often.
Edited by ClieOS - 12/2/13 at 7:48pmpost #2527 of 253112/2/13 at 10:25pmpost #2528 of 253112/2/13 at 10:58pm
Well, there is one or two case of battery ballooning (a sign of over-discharge) over at erji.net, so they are probably replacing the whole batch just to be safe.post #2529 of 253112/4/13 at 1:58pmpost #2530 of 253112/7/13 at 11:28pm
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › FiiO newsflash: James’ latest firmware update cures cancer (we hope) 1 minute ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 2 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Verdict on Linear Power Supplies? (LPS) 2 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Upgrade from soundMAGIC E-30 4 minutes ago
- › Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 6 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 Headphones Black by sagar khichi
- › AKG K520 by Veggietech
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe