Well today really has been one for some great and exciting news from Sennheiser. I opened some discussion on the IE800 so thought I would open some discussion on the latest and first headphone amp to breach the Sennheiser camp the HDVD800. Again this to me looks like a stunning piece of kit and would fit perfectly alongside their HD800 or HD700 headphones.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HDVD800tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations? Last post on 2/9/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Susceptible to Mobile Phone Interference ? Last post on 10/22/14 at 6:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 800 : Sennheiser HDVD800 or Woo Audio WA7 ? Last post on 10/24/14 at 6:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do you know what happened to the HDVA 600? Last post on 10/20/14 at 5:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Divine Moments in Music Last post on 2/25/15 at 9:02am in Music
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's a DAC/amp supporting 24/192 and appears to be balanced (2 4 pin outputs) with 2 unbalanced outputs in a relatively compact package. Price is €1,499 with availability in September.
Edited by Maxvla - 4/13/12 at 9:31am
Exactly. If Senn's memory is that bad I guess hoping for a HE90 replacement is a waste of time.
If anyone can find the output impedance I'd be curious to know if one of those plugs is IEC spec.
Looks interesting...So it has an on-board DAC and apparently dual balanced outs? Why dual?
I'll be very interested in hearing this one when it comes out. I wonder if Jude has any other information about this?
Looks pretty cool, it has a clear top (part of it) so we can see the internals.
We'll see how it stands against similar priced amps.
To save me from buying and selling the Mjolnir and Gungnir.
Looks like the amp is designed to share the love. Must be a balanced design in the strictest sense, not the bridged or parallel sense.
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Musician's In-Ear Monitors - FINALLY! 53 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 1 minute ago
- › Why don't these pads exist? ..Or do they? 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 DUOZA dual dynamic driver iem 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2