Well today really has been one for some great and exciting news from Sennheiser. I opened some discussion on the IE800 so thought I would open some discussion on the latest and first headphone amp to breach the Sennheiser camp the HDVD800. Again this to me looks like a stunning piece of kit and would fit perfectly alongside their HD800 or HD700 headphones.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HDVD800tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Do you know what happened to the HDVA 600? Last post on 10/20/14 at 5:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Divine Moments in Music Last post on Yesterday at 9:59 am in Music
- Burson Conductor vs Sennheiser HDVD800: Amp/DAC for HD800 Last post on 5/30/14 at 5:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HELP! Suggestions for Sennheiser HD800 - HDVD800 or WA22? Last post on 4/15/14 at 8:21pm in High-end Audio Forum
- New Beyerdynamic amp A2 Last post on 9/30/14 at 12:42pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's a DAC/amp supporting 24/192 and appears to be balanced (2 4 pin outputs) with 2 unbalanced outputs in a relatively compact package. Price is €1,499 with availability in September.
Edited by Maxvla - 4/13/12 at 9:31am
Exactly. If Senn's memory is that bad I guess hoping for a HE90 replacement is a waste of time.
If anyone can find the output impedance I'd be curious to know if one of those plugs is IEC spec.
Looks interesting...So it has an on-board DAC and apparently dual balanced outs? Why dual?
I'll be very interested in hearing this one when it comes out. I wonder if Jude has any other information about this?
To save me from buying and selling the Mjolnir and Gungnir.
Looks like the amp is designed to share the love. Must be a balanced design in the strictest sense, not the bridged or parallel sense.
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier
- › Band Name Game II 26 seconds ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 36 seconds ago
- › post your grado mods.... 1 minute ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions 1 minute ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Does plex stream lossless? 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › HRT Music Streamer ll+ 3 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)