Well today really has been one for some great and exciting news from Sennheiser. I opened some discussion on the IE800 so thought I would open some discussion on the latest and first headphone amp to breach the Sennheiser camp the HDVD800. Again this to me looks like a stunning piece of kit and would fit perfectly alongside their HD800 or HD700 headphones.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HDVD800tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:42 pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Recommendations? Last post on 2/9/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Susceptible to Mobile Phone Interference ? Last post on 10/22/14 at 6:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 800 : Sennheiser HDVD800 or Woo Audio WA7 ? Last post on 10/24/14 at 6:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do you know what happened to the HDVA 600? Last post on 10/20/14 at 5:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
[Originally reviewed at Basshead.Club] How do they do it? Brainwavz continues to impress with its budget-friendly new Jive IEM for Android and iOS devices. Brainwavz Jive In the...
This is my review for the new S3 from Brainwavz. Nicknamed the silver bullet for it's silver color and long slender shape. Thanks to Brainwavz for the S3 review sample. I have previously had the...
Hi all, I just want to say that it's my first review done on a product but I'm very proud to do it on a FIIO product. Review of the new FIIO EX1 In-ear Monitors. I will use the EX1 with the FIIO X1...
Many thanks to RHA for RHA T20 Tour Program! The T20 unit in this review is demo unit from the RHA T20 Tour Program: http://www.head-fi.org/t/770875/rha-t20-tour-program-reviewers-wanted Product...
The WA22 is my third Desktop Amp and second tube amp. I got it through AV One, a local retailer here, after 2 rounds of testing and I was impressed enough to purchase it. Built like a tank...
Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's a DAC/amp supporting 24/192 and appears to be balanced (2 4 pin outputs) with 2 unbalanced outputs in a relatively compact package. Price is €1,499 with availability in September.
Edited by Maxvla - 4/13/12 at 9:31am
Exactly. If Senn's memory is that bad I guess hoping for a HE90 replacement is a waste of time.
If anyone can find the output impedance I'd be curious to know if one of those plugs is IEC spec.
Looks interesting...So it has an on-board DAC and apparently dual balanced outs? Why dual?
I'll be very interested in hearing this one when it comes out. I wonder if Jude has any other information about this?
Looks pretty cool, it has a clear top (part of it) so we can see the internals.
We'll see how it stands against similar priced amps.
To save me from buying and selling the Mjolnir and Gungnir.
Looks like the amp is designed to share the love. Must be a balanced design in the strictest sense, not the bridged or parallel sense.
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13,... 15 seconds ago
- › 2015 CanJam @ RMAF Impressions thread - (October 2-4, 2015) 45 seconds ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 1 minute ago
- › CanJam @ RMAF 2015, Oct. 2-4, 2015 -- The Exhibitors! 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 7 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 8 minutes ago
- › Rank the IEM's you've heard 10 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 12 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Woo Audio WA22 by tassardar
- › CustomArt Ei.XX 6-driver CIEM - MassDrop edition by twister6
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by LaRevolu
- › Nuforce NE800M by Dsnuts
- › Chord&Major 5'14 "World" by BloodyPenguin
- › Woo Audio WA 6 SE by PETEREK
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2