Well today really has been one for some great and exciting news from Sennheiser. I opened some discussion on the IE800 so thought I would open some discussion on the latest and first headphone amp to breach the Sennheiser camp the HDVD800. Again this to me looks like a stunning piece of kit and would fit perfectly alongside their HD800 or HD700 headphones.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HDVD800tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Divine Moments in Music Last post on Yesterday at 11:24 am in Music
- Burson Conductor vs Sennheiser HDVD800: Amp/DAC for HD800 Last post on 5/30/14 at 5:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HELP! Suggestions for Sennheiser HD800 - HDVD800 or WA22? Last post on 4/15/14 at 8:21pm in High-end Audio Forum
- New Beyerdynamic amp A2 Last post on 9/7/14 at 1:07pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + HDVD800 Last post on 5/6/14 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's a DAC/amp supporting 24/192 and appears to be balanced (2 4 pin outputs) with 2 unbalanced outputs in a relatively compact package. Price is €1,499 with availability in September.
Edited by Maxvla - 4/13/12 at 9:31am
Exactly. If Senn's memory is that bad I guess hoping for a HE90 replacement is a waste of time.
If anyone can find the output impedance I'd be curious to know if one of those plugs is IEC spec.
Looks interesting...So it has an on-board DAC and apparently dual balanced outs? Why dual?
I'll be very interested in hearing this one when it comes out. I wonder if Jude has any other information about this?
To save me from buying and selling the Mjolnir and Gungnir.
Looks like the amp is designed to share the love. Must be a balanced design in the strictest sense, not the bridged or parallel sense.
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier
- › AURALiC owners unite! 33 seconds ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 47 seconds ago
- › is the Shure SE215 worth $89? 1 minute ago
- › WASAPI work around found!!! 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW - HiFiMan HE-560 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Stock... 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Decware Select Zen CSP2 Tube Headphone Amp 4 minutes ago
- › The foobar2000 help thread. Got problems or questions? Ask here! 4 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i and RS1e side by side - Pictures! 6 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair... 6 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)