Well today really has been one for some great and exciting news from Sennheiser. I opened some discussion on the IE800 so thought I would open some discussion on the latest and first headphone amp to breach the Sennheiser camp the HDVD800. Again this to me looks like a stunning piece of kit and would fit perfectly alongside their HD800 or HD700 headphones.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HDVD800tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 5:34 pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Recommendations? Last post on 2/9/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Susceptible to Mobile Phone Interference ? Last post on 10/22/14 at 6:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 800 : Sennheiser HDVD800 or Woo Audio WA7 ? Last post on 10/24/14 at 6:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do you know what happened to the HDVA 600? Last post on 10/20/14 at 5:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Purchased these this week, and had them replaced with another set - which exhibited the same flaw. Two may be a curse, but they both did the same thing so I would be wary. When on standby,...
Synopsis: The RD3 is part of the next generation of earphones from Rhapsodio. Powered by a single high-end dynamic driver, it has a warm sound and a hearty bass response. The RD3’s design...
Synopsis: The Spectrum Series G10 is the next generation universal fit stage monitor from Future Sonics. Replacing the Atrio with a new driver, housing, and cables, the G10 surpasses it in detail...
Introduction: I received the Cayin N6 as a tour unit that was generously provided by CTC Audio. CTC Audio focuses on making brands that aren’t as accessible in North America, mostly from Asia,...
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's a DAC/amp supporting 24/192 and appears to be balanced (2 4 pin outputs) with 2 unbalanced outputs in a relatively compact package. Price is €1,499 with availability in September.
Edited by Maxvla - 4/13/12 at 9:31am
Exactly. If Senn's memory is that bad I guess hoping for a HE90 replacement is a waste of time.
If anyone can find the output impedance I'd be curious to know if one of those plugs is IEC spec.
Looks interesting...So it has an on-board DAC and apparently dual balanced outs? Why dual?
I'll be very interested in hearing this one when it comes out. I wonder if Jude has any other information about this?
Looks pretty cool, it has a clear top (part of it) so we can see the internals.
We'll see how it stands against similar priced amps.
To save me from buying and selling the Mjolnir and Gungnir.
Looks like the amp is designed to share the love. Must be a balanced design in the strictest sense, not the bridged or parallel sense.
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier
- › Comparison HD540/DT880/K701/DT880 (quest for the best mixing HP's) 1 minute ago
- › UNFORGIVING SOUND comparison : Sennheiser 558 vs 600 1 minute ago
- › WTB: Hifiman HE-400i 2 minutes ago
- › Help to looking for a special headphone [ TO ALL USERS ] 3 minutes ago
- › New VAD DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Viva Egoista 845 SET Tube amplifier 10K Headphone Masterpiece 4 minutes ago
- › Sony Xperia Z3 Audio Quality 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for in-ear headphones for 50$ (rock, hip-hop & some... 4 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 5 minutes ago
- › Which active studio monitors should i get for my Asus Xonar... 6 minutes ago
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3