New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser IE800 IEM's - Page 96

post #1426 of 2327
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post
 

Or preferably this one (same price, BTW, but from a more reputable manufacturer, and comes with a 2-year warranty).

 

Hmm, the Sennheiser is BT 2.0 and the Kokkia BT 2.1 + EDR. Ymmv, but I'd choose the latter (more advanced chip, potentially higher bitrate).

 

Btw, best would be BT 3.0 (as both the HS3000 and MW1 support it), but I haven't found an aptX enabled BT 3.0 source dongle so far.

post #1427 of 2327

Thanks fro the advice guys,but im looking at between $150-$200 for this setup,not sure if it is worth it.. :cool:

post #1428 of 2327
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken6217 View Post

After one week with the IE800 and the 846's, the 846's went back to the store.

I love my Senn's. Best IEM's I have ever listened to.
Ken

 

Ken, I'm interested in both phones and few people had the chance to try them side by side. Would you mind telling us in a more detail way why do you prefer IE800?

Thanks in advance.

post #1429 of 2327
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinao View Post
 

Thanks fro the advice guys,but im looking at between $150-$200 for this setup,not sure if it is worth it.. :cool:

 

Yeah, it's definitely more worth it if you already own a bluetooth / aptX enabled source and just need the HS3000 and Nokia AD-53 adapter.

post #1430 of 2327
Does anyone know if you can buy spare earbuds for these ?
I lost one side,I took the ie800's off my head and heard a pop and the right side was missing its earbud.
Looked everywhere but couldnt find it.. damn.. its a mystery,its disappeared completely. (no it didn't fall inside my head)

I haven't seen any for sale anywhere,surely they must be for sale ? even generic ones will do.
post #1431 of 2327

This sounds scary - especially because I have an IE800 coming it's way to my house...

post #1432 of 2327
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinao View Post

Does anyone know if you can buy spare earbuds for these ?
I lost one side,I took the ie800's off my head and heard a pop and the right side was missing its earbud.
Looked everywhere but couldnt find it.. damn.. its a mystery,its disappeared completely. (no it didn't fall inside my head)

I haven't seen any for sale anywhere,surely they must be for sale ? even generic ones will do.
I bet you're going to wish you didn't lose them at £25.36 a pair.
post #1433 of 2327

Part numbers for IE800 spare tips:

 

552762 size S (one pair)

552776 size M (one pair)
552763 size L (one pair)
552764 oval size S-M (one pair)
552765 oval size M-L (one pair)

post #1434 of 2327

lol for some reason when he made that comment I thought he actually lost an entire ear piece.... :P.

post #1435 of 2327

I use comply TX-200 and TSX-500 with my IE-800.

post #1436 of 2327
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post
 

Part numbers for IE800 spare tips:

 

552762 size S (one pair)

552776 size M (one pair)
552763 size L (one pair)
552764 oval size S-M (one pair)
552765 oval size M-L (one pair)

Thanks James

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

lol for some reason when he made that comment I thought he actually lost an entire ear piece.... :P.

Not quite,just the rubber end piece :D


Edited by bolinao - 9/10/13 at 11:01pm
post #1437 of 2327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post
 


Haha that is true! With the frequency range claims and that they'll be hybrid these have the potential to be really quite something! Especially if the IE80s were for professional use and these are aimed at audiophiles, WOW we could be in for a treat (a bloody expensive one at that)!

 

Nothing new their then, the IE8s don't touch the ear canal!
 

 

 

These do reach the ear canal very nicely and block out almost all sound. Isolation is great. I was also worried about them not having a detachable cable, but they are built like a tank they have ceramic housing and kevlar reinforced cables (the same stuff as bulletproof vests), obviously with any expensive product you are going to be careful so you don't have anything to worry about. 

Plus dat sound! ;)

post #1438 of 2327
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post
 

 

Yeah, it's definitely more worth it if you already own a bluetooth / aptX enabled source and just need the HS3000 and Nokia AD-53 adapter.

What device would you suggest that has bluetooth / aptX enabled source  ??

thanks

post #1439 of 2327
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinao View Post
 

What device would you suggest that has bluetooth / aptX enabled source  ??

thanks

 

I have just experience with two devices: the first one I bought was a Creative X-FI3, mainly because I was curious about trying out BT/aptX. It did great for that purpose and showed me that wireless sound quality was virtually indistinguishable from a wired rig in mobile surroundings. Based on that test, I decided that my next smartphone had to have BT/aptX and ended up buying a Samsung Galaxy S3, which works beautifully together with the HS3000.

 

The X-Fi3 is a cheap option to try out aptX and it works really well as far as the wireless is concerned. But it has a clunky user interface with tedious touch based controls, so I wouldn't recommend it as a DAP for everyday use.

post #1440 of 2327

Thanks James

 

I am mainly after a device that supports Spotify as this is where I get 90% of my music from,so an Android or IOS compatible device is needed.

But I really need something wireless as I have on several occasions ripped the ie800s from my ears accidentally due to the cable being caught in clothing or I have forgotten that I am wearing them :eek:

 

I have just ordered the Samsung HS3000 to use with my iPod Touch,if I feel that I am lacking audio quality due to lack of aptX then I will order the KOKKIA i10s + aptX

 

Hopefully everything will work out for me.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: