Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon D7100?!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon D7100?! - Page 116  

post #1726 of 1913

I just picked up a pair of D7100's.  I seriously love these headphones so far.  I also have a pair of Grado PS1000's with a black dragon moon audio cable, and I prefer the D7100's for my musical selections.  I listen to Metal, Hip Hop, and Rock in that order, so the PS1000's were the wrong headphone for me.  I've rolled the tubes in my WA6SE and settled on my Sofia and 6DF7 and the music is great.  Great thick, smooth bass, nice mids and highs.  The PS1000's were just to forward and almost hurt my ears for the my music genre preference.  I use an all vinyl and tube preamp setup for this.  No EQ options are available, as of right now I'm soooooooo happy about these headphones.

 

So many negative responses to these headphones, but I really could careless, I'm loving these headphones to death.

post #1727 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramarge3653 View Post
... I'm loving these headphones to death.

 

Lets hope it is not going to get to this ;)

 

Mine got seriously brighter after 200h+, but I am using them with brightish cable so have to play around and see if it is permanent or is it cables / transport mixture.

post #1728 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebna View Post

Lets hope it is not going to get to this wink.gif

Mine got seriously brighter after 200h+, but I am using them with brightish cable so have to play around and see if it is permanent or is it cables / transport mixture.

I really want to experiment with cables and the D7100s.
post #1729 of 1913
Listening to Earth, Wind, and Fire's 'I Am' album through my D7100/E17 combo.

The Phenix Horns.

Phillip Bailey and Maurice White on the vocals, not to forget 'The Emotions' on the 'Boogie Wonderland cut.

Verdell White's awesome bass lines.

L3000.gif
post #1730 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croozer View Post

Listening to Earth, Wind, and Fire's 'I Am' album through my D7100/E17 combo.

The Phenix Horns.

Phillip Bailey and Maurice White on the vocals, not to forget 'The Emotions' on the 'Boogie Wonderland cut.

Verdell White's awesome bass lines.

L3000.gif

beerchug.gif

 

Last night, last track I played before going to sleep was "I Don't Want To Lose Your Love" - The Emotions. wink.gif

post #1731 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

beerchug.gif

Last night, last track I played before going to sleep was "I Don't Want To Lose Your Love" - The Emotions. wink.gif

Nice. atsmile.gif
post #1732 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgtrance View Post


I really want to experiment with cables and the D7100s.

I just ordered a Moon Audio Black Dragon cable for my D7100s, I'll post once they arrive to let you know how it sounds.

post #1733 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramarge3653 View Post

I just ordered a Moon Audio Black Dragon cable for my D7100s, I'll post once they arrive to let you know how it sounds.

 

Great! Excited to read your thoughts on them. The stock cable is already high quality but it will be interesting to see how the headphones sound with other cables.
post #1734 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramarge3653 View Post

I just ordered a Moon Audio Black Dragon cable for my D7100s, I'll post once they arrive to let you know how it sounds.

Nice, I'm looking forward to your findings as well. I upgraded my D600 cable using Auric Hook-Up Wire and noticed a slight increase in treble sparkle and bass tightening.

post #1735 of 1913

Keep you eyes peeled for full review on these bad boys.

 

 

 


Edited by HiFiGuy528 - 7/28/13 at 9:33am
post #1736 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post

Keep you eyes peeled for full review on these bad boys.

 

 

 

 

They look gorgeous. beerchug.gif

post #1737 of 1913

Woo! Can't wait. :)

post #1738 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post

Keep you eyes peeled for full review on these bad boys.

 

 

 

 

What luck!  I have the exact same cans!  biggrin.gif

post #1739 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

What luck!  I have the exact same cans!  biggrin.gif


And how do you feel about the comparison between the two?

 

I've got the D600 and D7000.  Love them both to be honest.  The D600 is so maligned on here it's almost Beats-like and I'll never understand it.  Doesn't matter - D600 lovers don't need validation, we just need the loudness switch engaged. 

post #1740 of 1913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post


And how do you feel about the comparison between the two?

I've got the D600 and D7000.  Love them both to be honest.  The D600 is so maligned on here it's almost Beats-like and I'll never understand it.  Doesn't matter - D600 lovers don't need validation, we just need the loudness switch engaged. 

Actually, the D600 is the better one, the D7100s are the muddy, wooly-sounding things.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon D7100?!