Recently I made a trade and acquired an older set of Fischer Audio DBA-02's. It still had it's original twisted cable, which had become unruly and obstinately stiff (a previous owner had re-terminated it with a straight Neutrik connector) but was still in good working condition. Due to the cable's stiffness and usage with ear channels, the cable had also acquired a couple of tiny splits that would eventually, over time, become worse (you can see some electrical tape over those places in the pictures).
Being slightly OCD, I had decided there is no way I'd ever use this DBA with the unruly cable, so I began to search the internet for someone to recable it. Then I remembered spkrs01 thread about how he found someone to "crack" his W4 and install Shure removable cable connectors and I was determined to find someone to do a similar mod to my DBA-02.
In my searches to find someone stateside that could perform this mod, I stumbled upon Brian of BTG-Audio: http://btg-audio.webs.com/. Brian thought the idea sounded interesting and was willing to attempt the mod, if I was willing to take the risk. Considering these would just collect dust if I didn't do something, I sent them Brian's way. He was able to source Westone/UE sockets and pins and planned to make his own removable cable for it.
To be continued...
Edited by shotgunshane - 4/7/12 at 9:45am