Wow, I had a quite opposite experience with K550/ T70. The T70 was painful to my ears. I agree the K550 has a bit of a upper-mid spike but overall I prefer them 10 fold to the T70 (I own the DT770/600 and love that one).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K271 MKII or AKG K550 for a lover of the AKG K702 Last post on 5/1/13 at 11:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- FT: My HD650 for your K702/Q701, K550, HE-400 (Rev. 2), or Westone 4 (Local trade only, Toronto,... Last post on 10/24/12 at 1:40pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- compare AKG K702 to K550 Last post on 7/9/12 at 11:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- My AKG K702 65'th Anniversary Edition For Your Shure SRH1840 or Beyer T90 Last post on Today at 4:35 pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- WTB: AKG K702 65th Anniversary ( Possibly HD650, HD600, or HE-400 ) Last post on 5/19/13 at 12:05am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
AKG K550 review - Essentially a closed-back K702 - literally. - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
looks like you were the one who called it way to early!
Please note that the aspect ratio is slightly off because photos are shot at my point of view = Near bird's eye view. I have provided measurements in numbers under photos though.
Diameter of earpads - 4.3"
Diameter of cups - 2.375". Depth of cups - 0.813" (13/16 of an inch)
Diameter of outer shell - 4.313". Height of phone - 7.63".
These are photos of the plastic piece cutout that held on to the pads when removing for the first time (first photo at 4 o'clock, second at 5:30). After removing the pads and inserting them back on, the pads can freely rotate on the cups.
you should post this in the Size Matters thread (with measurements in millimeters too) =D
@moneyme247, If you want, I'll give you the permission to copy/paste the measurements I took and post it yourself if you wish :)
That size matters thread is a great idea
copied & cited. thanks a lot dude!!
- AKG K550 review - Essentially a closed-back K702 - literally.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › iPhone cable (with mic) for UE or JH IEM's 4 minutes ago
- › Commuter IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/17/13.... 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 6 minutes ago
- › [Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver... 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25 1-ii vs. Sony MDR V6 vs. ATH M50 7 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe