New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official NYC Meet Sat June 2nd 2012 - Page 13  

post #181 of 427

i'll be coming to this meet.  Thinking of bring 2 BHSEs, Stax 007, and Stax 009, connected to the same source -- that way the phones can be volume matched and they can be compared without the lag of switching the plugs and adjusting the volume since 009's have higher sensitivity.

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

post #182 of 427

Bringing any Power Pico Prototypes? Any chance you can bring a leather case for a pico slim so i can buy it straight from you and avoid shipping costs? I'm excited to meet the guy who designed an amp I love using all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post

i'll be coming to this meet.  Thinking of bring 2 BHSEs, Stax 007, and Stax 009, connected to the same source -- that way the phones can be volume matched and they can be compared without the lag of switching the plugs and adjusting the volume since 009's have higher sensitivity.

post #183 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post

i'll be coming to this meet.  Thinking of bring 2 BHSEs, Stax 007, and Stax 009, connected to the same source -- that way the phones can be volume matched and they can be compared without the lag of switching the plugs and adjusting the volume since 009's have higher sensitivity.

 

If both amps you're bringing have two pro jacks, I can provide another 007 and 009 for the respective amps, so the phones are volume matched, but you can have four people listening at the same time.  I don't have my own amplification for them, so I'll plug 'em in wherever there's an extra Pro jack available.

post #184 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post

i'll be coming to this meet.  Thinking of bring 2 BHSEs, Stax 007, and Stax 009, connected to the same source -- that way the phones can be volume matched and they can be compared without the lag of switching the plugs and adjusting the volume since 009's have higher sensitivity.

Great!  I'm looking forward to meeting you Justin.

 

I plan to bring an electrostatic portable rig (don't ask, it's a surprise), my 404LE Stax and a 1TB wifi music server that can support up to 10 users at a time.  So if you have a PC or iphone that you can get digital out of to a DAC, you're welcome to camp on my wifi server.

 

At some point, I'd love an opportunity to try my 404LE with your rig(s), as I am planning on upgrading to the 007 or 009 for my
BHSE but haven't had a chance to directly compare the 3 of them...............really looking forward to this meet, even if it means shlepping all the way out to long island biggrin.gif

post #185 of 427

Hi folks -

 

I piped in earlier in the thread, but just confirming that I'm in.  I should be able to bring:

 

Eddie Current Balancing Act

Head-Fi Triple Stack

Wyred4Sound DAC2

LCD-3's with a few different balanced cables

Grado 325i's

Two Squeezebox Touch's, one with digital mods by Bolder Cable.

 

Should be fun!

 

Btw, how is this place going to be in terms of power??  Is the American Legion hall going to have enough juice for all this gear, and plugs for us to tap into?

post #186 of 427

Hey Bozebuttons,

I like to announce my participation. I will bring my new DIY tube headphone amp,

which already found some open ears here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/593090/phili-nj-ny-de-1-28-12-meet-impressions-thread

 

and my Rotel 855 source and AKG 240  600ohms cans

modest interconnects, powerstrip and extension.


Edited by glowglass - 5/4/12 at 1:03pm
post #187 of 427

^ That cements my participation.  I'll be there for sure.

post #188 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post

i'll be coming to this meet.  Thinking of bring 2 BHSEs, Stax 007, and Stax 009, connected to the same source -- that way the phones can be volume matched and they can be compared without the lag of switching the plugs and adjusting the volume since 009's have higher sensitivity.

Oh please yes.
post #189 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by glowglass View Post

Hey Bozebuttons,

I like to announce my participation. I will bring my new DIY tube headphone amp,

which already found some open ears here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/593090/phili-nj-ny-de-1-28-12-meet-impressions-thread

 

and my Rotel 855 source and AKG 240  600ohms cans

modest interconnects, powerstrip and extension.

 

Glad you can make it Herbert!

post #190 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by nspindel View Post


 

Btw, how is this place going to be in terms of power??  Is the American Legion hall going to have enough juice for all this gear, and plugs for us to tap into?

 I'll bring a Monster HTPS 7000. Can power 12 different devices, more with power strips...

post #191 of 427

Oh, I'm definitely in...

I'll try to wake up in time. Have I missed a so-called NYC meet yet that wasn't on the mainland? wink_face.gif  I think I may have. confused_face.gif

 

If you haven't been to a meet before, check out our Meet FAQ

 

I'll be bringing... something Tyll will get a kick out of.

 

Oh, and who's bringing.... We don't need no you know what? I have about 6. We can just write over the Jahn,


Edited by SiBurning - 5/4/12 at 8:15pm
post #192 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat6man View Post

Great!  I'm looking forward to meeting you Justin.

 

I plan to bring an electrostatic portable rig (don't ask, it's a surprise), my 404LE Stax and a 1TB wifi music server that can support up to 10 users at a time.  So if you have a PC or iphone that you can get digital out of to a DAC, you're welcome to camp on my wifi server.

 

At some point, I'd love an opportunity to try my 404LE with your rig(s), as I am planning on upgrading to the 007 or 009 for my
BHSE but haven't had a chance to directly compare the 3 of them...............really looking forward to this meet, even if it means shlepping all the way out to long island biggrin.gif

 

the iPad will work with the Pico DAC so we could do that

 

I also have a Oppo BDP-95 on the way to replace my broken Sony XA5400ES (which fell victim to being shipped to/from too many meets).  will have to test the wifi functionality on that.

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

post #193 of 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by glowglass View Post

Hey Bozebuttons,
I like to announce my participation. I will bring my new DIY tube headphone amp,
which already found some open ears here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/593090/phili-nj-ny-de-1-28-12-meet-impressions-thread

and my Rotel 855 source and AKG 240  600ohms cans
modest interconnects, powerstrip and extension.

Herbert! Glad to see you can make it. Been dying to hear your amp again.
post #194 of 427

With all these people, my young ears are finally gonna get the chance to hear many different headphones. Only had such limited exposure, but thankfully will be in the Headphone buying market soon, so this should be a good way to see tons of different ones.

post #195 of 427
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nspindel View Post

Hi folks -

 

I piped in earlier in the thread, but just confirming that I'm in.  I should be able to bring:

 

Eddie Current Balancing Act

Head-Fi Triple Stack

Wyred4Sound DAC2

LCD-3's with a few different balanced cables

Grado 325i's

Two Squeezebox Touch's, one with digital mods by Bolder Cable.

 

Should be fun!

 

Btw, how is this place going to be in terms of power??  Is the American Legion hall going to have enough juice for all this gear, and plugs for us to tap into?


Juice should be no problem,but we will have to run extension cords & power strips outlet locations could be better,But we have dealt with this kind of stuff at past meets.

So bring power strips & extension cords if you have them.I will be bringing a bunch.

 

Member list updated post # 2. Getting close guys,I will stop down to Hall & make final payment & recount the outlets.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked