Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › The Sub-$100 Portable Amps Shootout – 11(+1) amps compared
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Sub-$100 Portable Amps Shootout – 11(+1) amps compared - Page 13

post #181 of 280
its probably good that im using nuetral earphones then.. smily_headphones1.gif
post #182 of 280

This is a nice review. However, I think it is a little strange putting Leckerton products here. On specs (power output), they are designed for low impedance, high sensitivity earphones only......

post #183 of 280
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFan View Post

This is a nice review. However, I think it is a little strange putting Leckerton products here. On specs (power output), they are designed for low impedance, high sensitivity earphones only......

 

Leckerton? That's on the sub$200 shoot-out, not the sub$100 shoot-out here. Also, Leckerton Audio doesn't design amp specific to IEM. They can drive most 150ohm full size just fine. They might however not have enough gain for the really high impedance and low sensitivity headphone, but those headphone are better with full size amp anyway.

post #184 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post

Mshenay,
Do you still have your bravo V3?
And are you talking about the E11 with the boost active?

I have an indeed G3, and yes I still have it and yes it has more bass boost than my E11 on setting 2! 

post #185 of 280
I bought the c&c bh and it blows my brothers e11 to pieces, I really thought the e11 was something until I heard this its crazy
post #186 of 280
The what... Ah, yea didn't u guys already know fiio amps r really dark. Lol. Still nice to hear the bass boost is better... Might try it one day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpawluk91 View Post

I bought the c&c bh and it blows my brothers e11 to pieces, I really thought the e11 was something until I heard this its crazy

Edited by Mshenay - 2/23/13 at 6:20am
post #187 of 280

i have the Fioo E11   and i have yet to use any of the eq settings... im perfectly happy with flat

post #188 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaejw1 View Post

i have the Fioo E11   and i have yet to use any of the eq settings... im perfectly happy with flat

ooh nice :D

post #189 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpawluk91 View Post

I bought the c&c bh and it blows my brothers e11 to pieces, I really thought the e11 was something until I heard this its crazy

what is the c&c bh ,,, im new to portable audio and dont know all the names yet

post #190 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaejw1 View Post

what is the c&c bh ,,, im new to portable audio and dont know all the names yet

http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review/1020#post_9201059
Edited by H20Fidelity - 2/25/13 at 8:25am
post #191 of 280

why did i ask....    crap..  time to save up some more money and justify this purchase..    thanks.. mad.gif  lol

post #192 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaejw1 View Post

why did i ask....    crap..  time to save up some more money and justify this purchase..    thanks.. mad.gif  lol

nah if u got an e11 that's plenty. Spend that money on another pair of cans! Unless you like collecting amps [although I can't speak... as I ammusing a collection of hybrid tube amps xD] 

post #193 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

psh poor you, my Hifiman Hm 601 has a LOD 3.5mm jack on it and yea it sounds MEGA clean! I like my Jds cMoy as well for use with my Dt 880 (250 ohms) and the E11 is a nice [but dark] amp. It goes GREAT with Bass Heavy dark or fun cans! But I don't like my E11 with my dt 880... the bass get's too aggressive with way to much decay... but the e11 is a good bass heavy portable amp!

I think people are over-hyping that impression. Read the OP....

 

Quote:
Another one issue is on its bass performance – with a slight phase shift in the sub-bass region, E11 has usually perceived to have a richer bass body. Though the FR curve is still linear / flat, the extra bass body often gives people the impression of E11 being dark sound. But A/Bing it against the reference O2 (which is neither particularly bright nor dark), the difference is much small than one might thought.

I feel the same way as ClieOS. I don't find the E11 to have any veiling effect (like I would expect from a truly dark piece of equipment), there's just a very slight low bass bump.

post #194 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

nah if u got an e11 that's plenty. Spend that money on another pair of cans! Unless you like collecting amps [although I can't speak... as I ammusing a collection of hybrid tube amps xD] 

i was actually thinking of making this my next purchase...  http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=310-350    i have read reviews that with the use of a better tube the sound is much better.. so for the price it seems to have potential as a table top

 

post #195 of 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

I think people are over-hyping that impression. Read the OP....

 

I feel the same way as ClieOS. I don't find the E11 to have any veiling effect (like I would expect from a truly dark piece of equipment), there's just a very slight low bass bump.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaejw1 View Post

i was actually thinking of making this my next purchase...  http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=310-350    i have read reviews that with the use of a better tube the sound is much better.. so for the price it seems to have potential as a table top

 

Nah don't get the Bravo 

 

Get the Indeed G3 [I have one OR watch the FS forums for a modded Bravo or a Modded Indeed, you cn also get one of these http://www.head-fi.org/t/650018/fs-12au7-starving-student-sold another $100 hybrid tube] But which ever u get {i recommend u buy one used in the FS from some one who already has upgraded the tubes}

 

In addition I OWN the e11 and to me the E11 sounds DARK. I listen to mine daily! And it's a dark amp imo, the treble is nice good air BUT it's still recessed. That being said I used Bass boost 2 [which is why I bought it] and compared to my Cmoy bb the E11 [at bb2] is much darker than my cmon [with bass boost on] my Fiio E6 was also dark. 

 

So I stand by my claim, but I should mention DARK with bass boost on [where as other amps solid state and hybrid tube r NOT dark with bass boost on] 

 

still though I like my e11 <3

 

But yea get an Indeed G3 and u can use 12ua7 or 6992 tubes <3. I need to actually update my tube now that I think of it e.e

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › The Sub-$100 Portable Amps Shootout – 11(+1) amps compared