Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 200

post #2986 of 21063

Are erick morrillos m100s 24 carat gold or 24 carat gold plated?

post #2987 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

Whatever happens Val - if the PPU Pre-order starts when I'm at work/not online, please put me down for one - I'm getting one for sure!

 

I'll try to stay on as much as possible, but I can't do that too much at work.


+1

post #2988 of 21063

I don't think that's how pre-orders work, guys, haha.

 

Seriously, as much as we'd all like it, I'm pretty sure we're all going to have to pre-order our own M-100's fair and square.

 

Unless I'm jumping the gun and Val comes in and is like 'Sure things guys!' But I doubt that.

post #2989 of 21063

Wow 200 pages...

 

I'm a newcomer to the M-100's. Can anyone provide a brief overview of how the M-100's will compare to the M-80's (other than circumaural vs supra-aural)? Will they be more DJ-like in sound, or will they be a more refined version of the M-80 (cleaner mids, more sparkle in the highs, less boomy bass, larger soundstage, better noise isolation, more swivel on the earcups)?

 

I still haven't tried the M-80's yet (I'm not a fan of supra-aural headphones), but I've read a LOT of praise for them on Head-Fi.


Edited by miceblue - 7/9/12 at 4:17pm
post #2990 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Dota View Post

I don't think that's how pre-orders work, guys, haha.

 

Seriously, as much as we'd all like it, I'm pretty sure we're all going to have to pre-order our own M-100's fair and square.

 

Unless I'm jumping the gun and Val comes in and is like 'Sure things guys!' But I doubt that.

Well, it's just as unfair to us if we're at work, and all the PPU's are taken by the time we get home - right? Think about it this way.. Would you have more sympathy for...

 

  1. A person who has followed the thread for months, and contributed heavily to the discussion - missing out on the PPU's due to work and a bad announcement time?

or...

  1. A person who just discovered the thread, missing out on a PPU because those who have been contributing to it have reserved a PPU in advance?

 

I'd feel worse for the former, no matter how you word it.. + it's not just me.

post #2991 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

Well, it's just as unfair to us if we're at work, and all the PPU's are taken by the time we get home - right? Think about it this way.. Would you have more sympathy for...

 

  1. A person who has followed the thread for months, and contributed heavily to the discussion - missing out on the PPU's due to work and a bad announcement time?

or...

  1. A person who just discovered the thread, missing out on a PPU because those who have been contributing to it have reserved a PPU in advance?

 

I'd feel worse for the former, no matter how you word it.. + it's not just me.


Sympathy has nothing to do with this. A business will not make special exceptions for people unless they are V.I.P.'s (Like Jude, Tyll, etc.; Val mentioned this a couple pages back). I'm not trying to say you don't deserve the headphones bud, it's just that a business cannot treat certain people special because then they have to treat everyone special.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Wow 200 pages...

 

I'm a newcomer to the M-100's. Can anyone provide a brief overview of how the M-100's will compare to the M-80's (other than circumaural vs supra-aural)? Will they be more DJ-like in sound, or will they be a more refined version of the M-80 (cleaner mids, more sparkle in the highs, less boomy bass, larger soundstage, better noise isolation, more swivel on the earcups)?

 

I still haven't tried the M-80's yet (I'm not a fan of supra-aural headphones), but I've read a LOT of praise for them on Head-Fi.

 

We're thinking it's the latter of your two guesses, Mice. the M-100 should be similar to an upgraded M-80; cleaner mids, brighter highs, more sub-bass and overall bass definition, etc, just like you mentioned. We don't know everything of course; Val is keeping things pretty airtight, but that's what's got us all pumped for the release!

post #2992 of 21063
So does anyone know what that special feature is yet?? I mean I missed a week or 2 on this thread so ya
post #2993 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Wow 200 pages...

 

I'm a newcomer to the M-100's. Can anyone provide a brief overview of how the M-100's will compare to the M-80's (other than circumaural vs supra-aural)? Will they be more DJ-like in sound, or will they be a more refined version of the M-80 (cleaner mids, more sparkle in the highs, less boomy bass, larger soundstage, better noise isolation, more swivel on the earcups)?

 

I still haven't tried the M-80's yet (I'm not a fan of supra-aural headphones), but I've read a LOT of praise for them on Head-Fi.

 

The M-100's will have a punchier, deeper bass, but the rest will be most likely based on your "More refined version of the M-80's" guess. Like what Leon Dota said. At least that's what I get so far after reading what Val has said. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Dota View Post


Sympathy has nothing to do with this. A business will not make special exceptions for people unless they are V.I.P.'s (Like Jude, Tyll, etc.; Val mentioned this a couple pages back). I'm not trying to say you don't deserve the headphones bud, it's just that a business cannot treat certain people special because then they have to treat everyone special.

 

I guess so..  Still - It would suck to miss out on it completely just because of work - but I can understand it's a business, and not everything can be the way you / I / anyone wants.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malav View Post

So does anyone know what that special feature is yet?? I mean I missed a week or 2 on this thread so ya

Come to thnk of it... that still hasn't been released.

post #2994 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

Well, it's just as unfair to us if we're at work, and all the PPU's are taken by the time we get home - right? Think about it this way.. Would you have more sympathy for...

 

  1. A person who has followed the thread for months, and contributed heavily to the discussion - missing out on the PPU's due to work and a bad announcement time?

or...

  1. A person who just discovered the thread, missing out on a PPU because those who have been contributing to it have reserved a PPU in advance?

 

I'd feel worse for the former, no matter how you word it.. + it's not just me.

Does it count if I've been reading the thread since january but just decided to join 3 weeks ago? Also I'm a broke 19 year old, I'm gonna get a job this friday but any chance I had of getting a PPU went out of the window when Val announced that he would be selling them all instead of giving some away. Yes I am disappointed as all hell but I can't complain because why should Val make a special exception for me or any of us. Basically what I'm trying to say is that I think getting a pair of PPU M-100's will happen if your at the right place at the right time with also a little bit of luck.

post #2995 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicCrave93 View Post

Does it count if I've been reading the thread since january but just decided to join 3 weeks ago? Also I'm a broke 19 year old, I'm gonna get a job this friday but any chance I had of getting a PPU went out of the window when Val announced that he would be selling them all instead of giving some away. Yes I am disappointed as all hell but I can't complain because why should Val make a special exception for me or any of us. Basically what I'm trying to say is that I think getting a pair of PPU M-100's will happen if your at the right place at the right time with also a little bit of luck.

I guess that's all we can do - at least it's fair then.

 

Sucks that you can't get one though.. did you just get the job? You could ask for your family to pay it, and then pay them back with your first paycheck - wouldn't that work?

post #2996 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Wow 200 pages...

 

I'm a newcomer to the M-100's. Can anyone provide a brief overview of how the M-100's will compare to the M-80's (other than circumaural vs supra-aural)? Will they be more DJ-like in sound, or will they be a more refined version of the M-80 (cleaner mids, more sparkle in the highs, less boomy bass, larger soundstage, better noise isolation, more swivel on the earcups)?

 

I still haven't tried the M-80's yet (I'm not a fan of supra-aural headphones), but I've read a LOT of praise for them on Head-Fi.

 

A similar sound signature but more refined and dynamic.

post #2997 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

I guess that's all we can do - at least it's fair then.

 

Sucks that you can't get one though.. did you just get the job? You could ask for your family to pay it, and then pay them back with your first paycheck - wouldn't that work?

Yeah it's at a local grocery store and I think I start this friday doing the night shift. I thought about asking the family and then reimbursing them but I don't thats gonna work. And don't worry man I think a fair amount of people here on Head-fi will get a pair, if they make the white+teal color if anybody should get a pair of them it's you since you pushed so hard for it.

post #2998 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicCrave93 View Post

Yeah it's at a local grocery store and I think I start this friday doing the night shift. I thought about asking the family and then reimbursing them but I don't thats gonna work. And don't worry man I think a fair amount of people here on Head-fi will get a pair, if they make the white+teal color if anybody should get a pair of them it's you since you pushed so hard for it.

You'll never know if you never try - ask them - it doesn't hurt.

 

Also, hahaha, thanks - but I don't think they'll make a full color scheme for it.. it didn't get many votes since I only added it to the poll later on.. and even then, plain white and the shadow scheme seem more popular..

 

+ They used to have a teal-ish blue color, and according to Val/V-MODA, they're thinking of bringing it back in a few days or so. (He said so a page or so back) This is the teal color I am talking about:

 298795-10150435985233092-106696703091-10359149-1529854720-n.jpg


Edited by BRSxIgnition - 7/9/12 at 5:27pm
post #2999 of 21063
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon Dota View Post

[...]

 

We're thinking it's the latter of your two guesses, Mice. the M-100 should be similar to an upgraded M-80; cleaner mids, brighter highs, more sub-bass and overall bass definition, etc, just like you mentioned. We don't know everything of course; Val is keeping things pretty airtight, but that's what's got us all pumped for the release!

 

Ah, great news. Thank you for the update.

 

I really got to hand it down to Val, and V-Moda, for incorporating customer feedback into their products. I've been vaguely keeping track of Head-Fi and it seems that Val is a fairly active member in the community. Now that's what I call devotion!

 

On a note about Ear Shield colours, I would really like to see an option for a dark blue/indigo, or royal purple colour. I like the green one (on the LP/LP2), but I think some sort of blue-ish colour would be a nice addition since it is not an option yet (at least on the online ordering form).


Edited by miceblue - 7/9/12 at 5:34pm
post #3000 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

You'll never know if you never try - ask them - it doesn't hurt.

 

Also, hahaha, thanks - but I don't think they'll make a full color scheme for it.. it didn't get many votes since I only added it to the poll later on.. and even then, plain white and the shadow scheme seem more popular..

 

+ They used to have a teal-ish blue color, and according to Val/V-MODA, they're thinking of bringing it back in a few days or so. (He said so a page or so back) This is the teal color I am talking about:

 298795-10150435985233092-106696703091-10359149-1529854720-n.jpg

Yeah I think I seen you on facebook asking about the shield color in this pic? Not sure though.

 

And also to the person who asked how the hinges will work if you see this 

552600_378875052166813_481890651_n.jpg

From this pic it's pretty obvious that the way it will work is that the earcups will stay still while the wishbone shaped parts (sorry don't know the official name of those parts) will move upwards putting the earcups together. If the hinges snap upwards in a fast motion I can imagine why Val said it looks amazing.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.