whats a better music player to use with an m100. Neutron or poweramp
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First headphone Last post on 12/18/12 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1186
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17777 of 1909912/10/13 at 5:31pmQuote:
Neutron is better at decoding audio files (aka just sounds better). Poweramp has unmatched EQ. Both sound great though.post #17778 of 1909912/10/13 at 7:33pmpost #17779 of 1909912/10/13 at 7:39pm
hey if anyone is interested, I am thinking about selling my Shadow M100s (new, unopened box, still being shipped to me) at a discount b/c I got the HE400 during the black friday sale. Otherwise, I'll just return it. PM me if interested.post #17780 of 1909912/10/13 at 8:07pmpost #17781 of 1909912/10/13 at 9:30pmpost #17782 of 1909912/11/13 at 1:31ampost #17783 of 1909912/11/13 at 1:31ampost #17784 of 1909912/11/13 at 1:34amQuote:Makes it sound cleaner, also.Originally Posted by miceblueQuote:The L11 is a line out dock connector so you can bypass the iPod's internal amplifier and connect it to an external one. If the L11 works like the L3 and L9, it outputs the maximum volume, essentially, from the iPod and is non-adjustable since you adjust the volume through the external amplifier.Originally Posted by Existence
Source -> Digitial-Analog Converter -> amplifier -> headphone out -> headphones, no?
iPod -> iPod DAC -> L11 to bypass internal iPod amplifier (line out) -> external amplifier -> headphone out -> headphones
MacBook -> built-in soundcard -> headphone out -> headphones
MacBook -> USB cable -> E17/E07k/E7 to bypass MacBook soundcard (AKA external soundcard) -> headphone out -> headphones
MacBook -> USB cable -> E17/E07k/E7 -> L7 to bypass E17/E07k/E7 amplifier (line out) -> external amplifier -> headphone out -> headphones
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_out_%28signal%29#Line_outQuote:Connecting a low-impedance load such as a loudspeaker (usually 4 to 8 Ω) to a line out will essentially short circuit the output circuit, as such loads are around 1/1000 the impedance a line out is designed to drive. The line out is thus usually not designed to source as much current as such a load would draw at normal line out signal voltages. The result will be very weak sound from the speaker and possibly a damaged line out circuit.
Headphone outputs and line outputs are sometimes confused. Different make and model headphones have widely varying impedances, from a common low of 32 Ω to a few hundred ohms; the lowest of these will have results similar to a speaker, while the highest may work acceptably if the line out impedance is low enough and the headphones are sensitive enough. Conversely, a headphone output generally has an impedance of only a few ohms (to provide a bridging connection with 32 ohm headphones) and will easily drive a line input.
Thus, you can use the E17 as an external soundcard with the MacBook, and I'm sure it'll sound just fine with the M-100. I've read a lot of good things about the E17, and the M-100 was pretty good with my E7 as an external soundcard with my a 2008 MacBook. Even with a 2013 MacBook Pro, the M-100 can pick up background noise from the headphone out port, so having an external soundcard would be nice to have handy.post #17785 of 1909912/11/13 at 5:25ampost #17786 of 1909912/11/13 at 9:32ampost #17787 of 1909912/11/13 at 9:33ampost #17788 of 1909912/11/13 at 10:43amQuote:
Ends on Dec 20, my birthday. Is this a sign?!
(nope, because it's USA only. Why do I bother to live in Canada? )post #17789 of 1909912/11/13 at 12:09pmpost #17790 of 1909912/11/13 at 12:10pmQuote:Oh wow, really? I bought a Mont Blanc and thought it was terrible, because it was too loud.
What gain to do you have the amp on? 6 or 16 gain?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 9 seconds ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 311 IEMs compared (HiSoundAudio BA100 added... 26 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 26 seconds ago
- › WORST headphone you ever heard? 45 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › MEIER CORDA CLASSIC - NEW! 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 *Mint from USA* 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K340 and perfect amplifying solution 2 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude