Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First headphone Last post on 12/18/12 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 7/3/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
There's not much that haven't been already said about this great universal IEM so I'm not going to repeat them. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for the strong recommendation...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1186post #17776 of 2099612/11/13 at 1:31am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17777 of 2099612/11/13 at 1:31ampost #17778 of 2099612/11/13 at 1:34amQuote:Makes it sound cleaner, also.Originally Posted by miceblueQuote:The L11 is a line out dock connector so you can bypass the iPod's internal amplifier and connect it to an external one. If the L11 works like the L3 and L9, it outputs the maximum volume, essentially, from the iPod and is non-adjustable since you adjust the volume through the external amplifier.Originally Posted by Existence
Source -> Digitial-Analog Converter -> amplifier -> headphone out -> headphones, no?
iPod -> iPod DAC -> L11 to bypass internal iPod amplifier (line out) -> external amplifier -> headphone out -> headphones
MacBook -> built-in soundcard -> headphone out -> headphones
MacBook -> USB cable -> E17/E07k/E7 to bypass MacBook soundcard (AKA external soundcard) -> headphone out -> headphones
MacBook -> USB cable -> E17/E07k/E7 -> L7 to bypass E17/E07k/E7 amplifier (line out) -> external amplifier -> headphone out -> headphones
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_out_%28signal%29#Line_outQuote:Connecting a low-impedance load such as a loudspeaker (usually 4 to 8 Ω) to a line out will essentially short circuit the output circuit, as such loads are around 1/1000 the impedance a line out is designed to drive. The line out is thus usually not designed to source as much current as such a load would draw at normal line out signal voltages. The result will be very weak sound from the speaker and possibly a damaged line out circuit.
Headphone outputs and line outputs are sometimes confused. Different make and model headphones have widely varying impedances, from a common low of 32 Ω to a few hundred ohms; the lowest of these will have results similar to a speaker, while the highest may work acceptably if the line out impedance is low enough and the headphones are sensitive enough. Conversely, a headphone output generally has an impedance of only a few ohms (to provide a bridging connection with 32 ohm headphones) and will easily drive a line input.
Thus, you can use the E17 as an external soundcard with the MacBook, and I'm sure it'll sound just fine with the M-100. I've read a lot of good things about the E17, and the M-100 was pretty good with my E7 as an external soundcard with my a 2008 MacBook. Even with a 2013 MacBook Pro, the M-100 can pick up background noise from the headphone out port, so having an external soundcard would be nice to have handy.post #17779 of 2099612/11/13 at 5:25ampost #17780 of 2099612/11/13 at 9:32ampost #17781 of 2099612/11/13 at 9:33ampost #17782 of 2099612/11/13 at 10:43amQuote:
Ends on Dec 20, my birthday. Is this a sign?!
(nope, because it's USA only. Why do I bother to live in Canada? )post #17783 of 2099612/11/13 at 12:09pmpost #17784 of 2099612/11/13 at 12:10pmQuote:Oh wow, really? I bought a Mont Blanc and thought it was terrible, because it was too loud.
What gain to do you have the amp on? 6 or 16 gain?post #17785 of 2099612/11/13 at 1:44pm
don't know the details but might be for US residents only.post #17786 of 2099612/11/13 at 1:49pmpost #17787 of 2099612/11/13 at 2:03pmQuote:It's too loud for me too on unity gain (0 dB). I can't even imagine listening to its 6.3x gain mode...way too loud for me.Originally Posted by ExistenceQuote:Oh wow, really? I bought a Mont Blanc and thought it was terrible, because it was too loud.
What gain to do you have the amp on? 6 or 16 gain?
Speaking of which, I'm listening to the M-100 at home, which I rarely do, and it's way different than what I'm used to hearing at home. XDpost #17788 of 2099612/11/13 at 2:04pmQuote:Yeah it was too loud for me too, even on unity (0 dB) gain. I can't even imagine listening to it with the high 6.3x gain...Originally Posted by ExistenceQuote:Oh wow, really? I bought a Mont Blanc and thought it was terrible, because it was too loud.
What gain to do you have the amp on? 6 or 16 gain?
Speaking of which though, I'm listening to the M-100 at home, which I rarely do, and it sounds so much different compared to what I'm used to at home. XD
Edited by miceblue - 12/11/13 at 2:06pmpost #17789 of 2099612/12/13 at 1:19ampost #17790 of 2099612/12/13 at 12:34pm
Has anyone used their M-100's with the Astell & Kern AK100 ? Did they pair well? Is an external amp needed? I posted similar question over in the AK100 Thread, thought I might get more responses here.
Thanks for any input?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Schiit Owners Unite 13 seconds ago
- › New NOS DAC from Metrum- OCTAVE MK11 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 4 minutes ago
- › Help me for the best movie-sound headphone........ I have DT 770... 6 minutes ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 6 minutes ago
- › Why the Beats Hate? 7 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)