Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
These are also known as the monoprice 8323's. I have these for nearly 2 years. I bought them a few months after my faithfull 8323's. Pros - for the price they deliver the highest quality...
Let me start this review with some information about the company that made these headphones, Philips. The company that invented the CD, the first radio etc. As a Dutch guy, I'm very connected with...
I'll start off by saying I am by no means an audiophile, just a kid with some money and a passion for music. These headphones, as far as I can tell, have more prominent mids than most...
Let me just say one thing up front: if you have any complaints about the speed or the bass extension of these headphones, you need a better headphone amp. /endofdiscussion The HD600s will take the...
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1186post #17776 of 2147512/11/13 at 1:31am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17777 of 2147512/11/13 at 1:31ampost #17778 of 2147512/11/13 at 1:34amQuote:Makes it sound cleaner, also.Originally Posted by miceblueQuote:The L11 is a line out dock connector so you can bypass the iPod's internal amplifier and connect it to an external one. If the L11 works like the L3 and L9, it outputs the maximum volume, essentially, from the iPod and is non-adjustable since you adjust the volume through the external amplifier.Originally Posted by Existence
Source -> Digitial-Analog Converter -> amplifier -> headphone out -> headphones, no?
iPod -> iPod DAC -> L11 to bypass internal iPod amplifier (line out) -> external amplifier -> headphone out -> headphones
MacBook -> built-in soundcard -> headphone out -> headphones
MacBook -> USB cable -> E17/E07k/E7 to bypass MacBook soundcard (AKA external soundcard) -> headphone out -> headphones
MacBook -> USB cable -> E17/E07k/E7 -> L7 to bypass E17/E07k/E7 amplifier (line out) -> external amplifier -> headphone out -> headphones
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_out_%28signal%29#Line_outQuote:Connecting a low-impedance load such as a loudspeaker (usually 4 to 8 Ω) to a line out will essentially short circuit the output circuit, as such loads are around 1/1000 the impedance a line out is designed to drive. The line out is thus usually not designed to source as much current as such a load would draw at normal line out signal voltages. The result will be very weak sound from the speaker and possibly a damaged line out circuit.
Headphone outputs and line outputs are sometimes confused. Different make and model headphones have widely varying impedances, from a common low of 32 Ω to a few hundred ohms; the lowest of these will have results similar to a speaker, while the highest may work acceptably if the line out impedance is low enough and the headphones are sensitive enough. Conversely, a headphone output generally has an impedance of only a few ohms (to provide a bridging connection with 32 ohm headphones) and will easily drive a line input.
Thus, you can use the E17 as an external soundcard with the MacBook, and I'm sure it'll sound just fine with the M-100. I've read a lot of good things about the E17, and the M-100 was pretty good with my E7 as an external soundcard with my a 2008 MacBook. Even with a 2013 MacBook Pro, the M-100 can pick up background noise from the headphone out port, so having an external soundcard would be nice to have handy.post #17779 of 2147512/11/13 at 5:25ampost #17780 of 2147512/11/13 at 9:32ampost #17781 of 2147512/11/13 at 9:33ampost #17782 of 2147512/11/13 at 10:43amQuote:
Ends on Dec 20, my birthday. Is this a sign?!
(nope, because it's USA only. Why do I bother to live in Canada? )post #17783 of 2147512/11/13 at 12:09pmpost #17784 of 2147512/11/13 at 12:10pmQuote:Oh wow, really? I bought a Mont Blanc and thought it was terrible, because it was too loud.
What gain to do you have the amp on? 6 or 16 gain?post #17785 of 2147512/11/13 at 1:44pm
don't know the details but might be for US residents only.post #17786 of 2147512/11/13 at 1:49pmpost #17787 of 2147512/11/13 at 2:03pmQuote:It's too loud for me too on unity gain (0 dB). I can't even imagine listening to its 6.3x gain mode...way too loud for me.Originally Posted by ExistenceQuote:Oh wow, really? I bought a Mont Blanc and thought it was terrible, because it was too loud.
What gain to do you have the amp on? 6 or 16 gain?
Speaking of which, I'm listening to the M-100 at home, which I rarely do, and it's way different than what I'm used to hearing at home. XDpost #17788 of 2147512/11/13 at 2:04pmQuote:Yeah it was too loud for me too, even on unity (0 dB) gain. I can't even imagine listening to it with the high 6.3x gain...Originally Posted by ExistenceQuote:Oh wow, really? I bought a Mont Blanc and thought it was terrible, because it was too loud.
What gain to do you have the amp on? 6 or 16 gain?
Speaking of which though, I'm listening to the M-100 at home, which I rarely do, and it sounds so much different compared to what I'm used to at home. XD
Edited by miceblue - 12/11/13 at 2:06pmpost #17789 of 2147512/12/13 at 1:19ampost #17790 of 2147512/12/13 at 12:34pm
Has anyone used their M-100's with the Astell & Kern AK100 ? Did they pair well? Is an external amp needed? I posted similar question over in the AK100 Thread, thought I might get more responses here.
Thanks for any input?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › AKG K812 Pro 28 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 42 seconds ago
- › Next Vienna/Austria meet: April 18th, 2015 1 minute ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD598 or Grado SR225e 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Magni2 Uber, Asgard 2 or whatever amp for my Sennheiser HD598? 5 minutes ago
- › Amp for 7XX 6 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 7 minutes ago
- › FX67 Review | A Hidden Gem 7 minutes ago
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3