Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
A little background before I start. I'm 16 years old and I slowly began to become addicted to fine, audiophile-quality headphones. I remember the first time I heard beats at an apple store. I...
The Major 6 was one of the older models in chord&Major's lineup that has been revamped into the Major 6'13, inline with the Tonal Earphone series design principles. While it looks identical to the...
REMEMBER! No elitists aloud here. Headphones are objects with personality! The richest people can enjoy the cheapest headphone just because it provides the sound he's looking for, has the highs...
xDuoo X2 : Watch out Sansa! This review is a part of the review tour organised by Hifinage in India. I'd like to thank them for giving me the opportunity to be on the tour. And more...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1186post #17776 of 2151112/11/13 at 1:31am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17777 of 2151112/11/13 at 1:31ampost #17778 of 2151112/11/13 at 1:34amQuote:Makes it sound cleaner, also.Originally Posted by miceblueQuote:The L11 is a line out dock connector so you can bypass the iPod's internal amplifier and connect it to an external one. If the L11 works like the L3 and L9, it outputs the maximum volume, essentially, from the iPod and is non-adjustable since you adjust the volume through the external amplifier.Originally Posted by Existence
Source -> Digitial-Analog Converter -> amplifier -> headphone out -> headphones, no?
iPod -> iPod DAC -> L11 to bypass internal iPod amplifier (line out) -> external amplifier -> headphone out -> headphones
MacBook -> built-in soundcard -> headphone out -> headphones
MacBook -> USB cable -> E17/E07k/E7 to bypass MacBook soundcard (AKA external soundcard) -> headphone out -> headphones
MacBook -> USB cable -> E17/E07k/E7 -> L7 to bypass E17/E07k/E7 amplifier (line out) -> external amplifier -> headphone out -> headphones
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_out_%28signal%29#Line_outQuote:Connecting a low-impedance load such as a loudspeaker (usually 4 to 8 Ω) to a line out will essentially short circuit the output circuit, as such loads are around 1/1000 the impedance a line out is designed to drive. The line out is thus usually not designed to source as much current as such a load would draw at normal line out signal voltages. The result will be very weak sound from the speaker and possibly a damaged line out circuit.
Headphone outputs and line outputs are sometimes confused. Different make and model headphones have widely varying impedances, from a common low of 32 Ω to a few hundred ohms; the lowest of these will have results similar to a speaker, while the highest may work acceptably if the line out impedance is low enough and the headphones are sensitive enough. Conversely, a headphone output generally has an impedance of only a few ohms (to provide a bridging connection with 32 ohm headphones) and will easily drive a line input.
Thus, you can use the E17 as an external soundcard with the MacBook, and I'm sure it'll sound just fine with the M-100. I've read a lot of good things about the E17, and the M-100 was pretty good with my E7 as an external soundcard with my a 2008 MacBook. Even with a 2013 MacBook Pro, the M-100 can pick up background noise from the headphone out port, so having an external soundcard would be nice to have handy.post #17779 of 2151112/11/13 at 5:25ampost #17780 of 2151112/11/13 at 9:32ampost #17781 of 2151112/11/13 at 9:33ampost #17782 of 2151112/11/13 at 10:43amQuote:
Ends on Dec 20, my birthday. Is this a sign?!
(nope, because it's USA only. Why do I bother to live in Canada? )post #17783 of 2151112/11/13 at 12:09pmpost #17784 of 2151112/11/13 at 12:10pmQuote:Oh wow, really? I bought a Mont Blanc and thought it was terrible, because it was too loud.
What gain to do you have the amp on? 6 or 16 gain?post #17785 of 2151112/11/13 at 1:44pm
don't know the details but might be for US residents only.post #17786 of 2151112/11/13 at 1:49pmpost #17787 of 2151112/11/13 at 2:03pmQuote:It's too loud for me too on unity gain (0 dB). I can't even imagine listening to its 6.3x gain mode...way too loud for me.Originally Posted by ExistenceQuote:Oh wow, really? I bought a Mont Blanc and thought it was terrible, because it was too loud.
What gain to do you have the amp on? 6 or 16 gain?
Speaking of which, I'm listening to the M-100 at home, which I rarely do, and it's way different than what I'm used to hearing at home. XDpost #17788 of 2151112/11/13 at 2:04pmQuote:Yeah it was too loud for me too, even on unity (0 dB) gain. I can't even imagine listening to it with the high 6.3x gain...Originally Posted by ExistenceQuote:Oh wow, really? I bought a Mont Blanc and thought it was terrible, because it was too loud.
What gain to do you have the amp on? 6 or 16 gain?
Speaking of which though, I'm listening to the M-100 at home, which I rarely do, and it sounds so much different compared to what I'm used to at home. XD
Edited by miceblue - 12/11/13 at 2:06pmpost #17789 of 2151112/12/13 at 1:19ampost #17790 of 2151112/12/13 at 12:34pm
Has anyone used their M-100's with the Astell & Kern AK100 ? Did they pair well? Is an external amp needed? I posted similar question over in the AK100 Thread, thought I might get more responses here.
Thanks for any input?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- ONLY 2 DAYS AWAY!!! 12 seconds ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 13 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 37 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015) 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by De1taE1even
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by iitime
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2