Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First headphone Last post on 12/18/12 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 7/3/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1186post #17776 of 2103812/11/13 at 1:31am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17777 of 2103812/11/13 at 1:31ampost #17778 of 2103812/11/13 at 1:34amQuote:Makes it sound cleaner, also.Originally Posted by miceblueQuote:The L11 is a line out dock connector so you can bypass the iPod's internal amplifier and connect it to an external one. If the L11 works like the L3 and L9, it outputs the maximum volume, essentially, from the iPod and is non-adjustable since you adjust the volume through the external amplifier.Originally Posted by Existence
Source -> Digitial-Analog Converter -> amplifier -> headphone out -> headphones, no?
iPod -> iPod DAC -> L11 to bypass internal iPod amplifier (line out) -> external amplifier -> headphone out -> headphones
MacBook -> built-in soundcard -> headphone out -> headphones
MacBook -> USB cable -> E17/E07k/E7 to bypass MacBook soundcard (AKA external soundcard) -> headphone out -> headphones
MacBook -> USB cable -> E17/E07k/E7 -> L7 to bypass E17/E07k/E7 amplifier (line out) -> external amplifier -> headphone out -> headphones
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_out_%28signal%29#Line_outQuote:Connecting a low-impedance load such as a loudspeaker (usually 4 to 8 Ω) to a line out will essentially short circuit the output circuit, as such loads are around 1/1000 the impedance a line out is designed to drive. The line out is thus usually not designed to source as much current as such a load would draw at normal line out signal voltages. The result will be very weak sound from the speaker and possibly a damaged line out circuit.
Headphone outputs and line outputs are sometimes confused. Different make and model headphones have widely varying impedances, from a common low of 32 Ω to a few hundred ohms; the lowest of these will have results similar to a speaker, while the highest may work acceptably if the line out impedance is low enough and the headphones are sensitive enough. Conversely, a headphone output generally has an impedance of only a few ohms (to provide a bridging connection with 32 ohm headphones) and will easily drive a line input.
Thus, you can use the E17 as an external soundcard with the MacBook, and I'm sure it'll sound just fine with the M-100. I've read a lot of good things about the E17, and the M-100 was pretty good with my E7 as an external soundcard with my a 2008 MacBook. Even with a 2013 MacBook Pro, the M-100 can pick up background noise from the headphone out port, so having an external soundcard would be nice to have handy.post #17779 of 2103812/11/13 at 5:25ampost #17780 of 2103812/11/13 at 9:32ampost #17781 of 2103812/11/13 at 9:33ampost #17782 of 2103812/11/13 at 10:43amQuote:
Ends on Dec 20, my birthday. Is this a sign?!
(nope, because it's USA only. Why do I bother to live in Canada? )post #17783 of 2103812/11/13 at 12:09pmpost #17784 of 2103812/11/13 at 12:10pmQuote:Oh wow, really? I bought a Mont Blanc and thought it was terrible, because it was too loud.
What gain to do you have the amp on? 6 or 16 gain?post #17785 of 2103812/11/13 at 1:44pm
don't know the details but might be for US residents only.post #17786 of 2103812/11/13 at 1:49pmpost #17787 of 2103812/11/13 at 2:03pmQuote:It's too loud for me too on unity gain (0 dB). I can't even imagine listening to its 6.3x gain mode...way too loud for me.Originally Posted by ExistenceQuote:Oh wow, really? I bought a Mont Blanc and thought it was terrible, because it was too loud.
What gain to do you have the amp on? 6 or 16 gain?
Speaking of which, I'm listening to the M-100 at home, which I rarely do, and it's way different than what I'm used to hearing at home. XDpost #17788 of 2103812/11/13 at 2:04pmQuote:Yeah it was too loud for me too, even on unity (0 dB) gain. I can't even imagine listening to it with the high 6.3x gain...Originally Posted by ExistenceQuote:Oh wow, really? I bought a Mont Blanc and thought it was terrible, because it was too loud.
What gain to do you have the amp on? 6 or 16 gain?
Speaking of which though, I'm listening to the M-100 at home, which I rarely do, and it sounds so much different compared to what I'm used to at home. XD
Edited by miceblue - 12/11/13 at 2:06pmpost #17789 of 2103812/12/13 at 1:19ampost #17790 of 2103812/12/13 at 12:34pm
Has anyone used their M-100's with the Astell & Kern AK100 ? Did they pair well? Is an external amp needed? I posted similar question over in the AK100 Thread, thought I might get more responses here.
Thanks for any input?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Music Game IX 7 seconds ago
- › Upgrades : DAC or AMP first? 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 2 minutes ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › Woodied Sennheiser aka SennGrado Tour Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Stock Denon D2000 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Headphone Multipurpose under 200$ 5 minutes ago
- › I would like to know how many lossless songs i can fit onto a x3 w/... 5 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)