Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 91

post #1351 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton View Post

LOVING MY NOKIA 900, it's UI is SOOO BEAUTIFUL.  Haven't tested sound enough though, using VAMP too much for critical listening w iPhone but my Nokia 900 for all calls and apps lately.  Can't wait for METRO Ultrabooks w touchscreens, it's going to be a big year for MSFT if the hardware mfgrs step it up.  I feel like the new UI is Minority Report from the future, which is now... 

Oh. They match the Lumias. Okay. Makes sense why Microsoft is giving them away. The only complaint I have with the Lumia is that you must use Zune. I like the drag and drop of Android. But such a wonderful interface. Hope Windows 8 can match its quality.
post #1352 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post

I give Microsoft props for a relatively new design, instead of the copying from the past. Little tiles with functionality are more unique, and in the end, more effective than widgets/gadgets. Like I said, it's a unique approach compared to Android and especially Samsung's implementation of Andriod that look just like Apple's iOS, and I kinda think it's more useful.
Nokia also has the chops to do amazing things, but honestly I haven't seen their latest offerings. I DID see their very cool nano-tech phone concept that you wear on your wrist, stretches out into a small tablet (with solar charging), and is self cleaning. Nokia is not in the spotlight any more as much since Android and iOS reached a new bar.
Microsoft and Nokia, the biggest companies in their fields, they used to be "the man" with market dominance and stagnant development, but now they have really strong competition. It'll be really exciting to see how they apply their vast resources when they truly try to compete in the mainstream space.
I have no idea why mostly just enthusiasts are aware of Sennheiser, but I feel that as high value underdogs such as V-MODA redefine the market and people learn about the alternatives to iBuds, Bose, and Beats (a lot of B-phones?), personal audio will undergo a mini Renessance as well smily_headphones1.gif
Tho perhaps not as big as when iPods made headphone listening mainstream, at a level far beyond walkmans...

Having owned an iOS device, Android, and a Zune HD, I can say that I hope Windows phone gets some recognition. Before the iPhone, it was Windows Mobile and Blackberry that were the competing devices. And I must say, the UI on the Zune was my favorite and so fluid once you got past the learning curve, but having absolutely no apps killed it. Hopefully, Windows Mobile has way more apps by now since I last had my Zune. And about V-Moda changing the scene, they already did. I just recently found out they were the first to release multiple-colored headphones with the Remix M-class and then the Bass Freqs which started the whole fashion scene with headphones.

 

Also, is it true that the Crossfade LPs are named because of LP = Live Performance and M-xx with the M being = Music oriented?

post #1353 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

I've got pix but I'd rather get Val's permission first before posting them up.

I hope to god they are of good quality! Also were these amped or unamped when using them?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkoolaidman View Post

Having owned an iOS device, Android, and a Zune HD, I can say that I hope Windows phone gets some recognition. Before the iPhone, it was Windows Mobile and Blackberry that were the competing devices. And I must say, the UI on the Zune was my favorite and so fluid once you got past the learning curve, but having absolutely no apps killed it. Hopefully, Windows Mobile has way more apps by now since I last had my Zune. And about V-Moda changing the scene, they already did. I just recently found out they were the first to release multiple-colored headphones with the Remix M-class and then the Bass Freqs which started the whole fashion scene with headphones.

 

Also, is it true that the Crossfade LPs are named because of LP = Live Performance and M-xx with the M being = Music oriented?

 

I still use my Zune 120 to this day, and might buy another new if the one I have ever dies for some reason. I just love it too much..

 

Anyways, If I want to use apps I will use my phone or one of my many computers.

post #1354 of 20972
This is a very active thread. I just spent the last couple hours catching up on the reading.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roma101 View Post

Any plans for a black on black combo? Similar to that of the LP2? I love the Shadow but would prefer a specifically all black version. Or maybe even black and silver. smily_headphones1.gif

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssss. As nice as the red is on the M-80s, it clashes when you try putting coloured plates on it. (Red and pink? Red and Orange? frown.gif And lets not get into red and green...)

Ideally, black on black or black on silver for one option and white on white or white on silver for another. And the beauty of course is being able to get custom plates.

Val, I don't think you've answered this, but how is the isolation going to be on these? The only bad thing I have to say about the M-80 is that they aren't very isolating for me and the worst thing in the world is hearing some random person talking loudly on the bus while trying to listen to music (and I don't like having my music too loud since I like my hearing). Also, it's been said before, and it will be said again, but kudos to being so active here; that fact was what pushed me to buy the M-80s.

Re: hinges, I'm a little disappointed that the M-100s are going to have hinges, I've never had any use for hinges and would rather have a stronger arm than weaken it with hinges.

Edit: lilkoolaidman- the LP is Live Play/Live Performance and the M is for Modern audiophile. Or something similar to that effect.
Edited by Kokoryta - 5/12/12 at 12:19pm
post #1355 of 20972

I've read the last 5 pages and can't find the answer.

 

Did we ever find out what the super new feature was to be? Was it the folding cups? 

post #1356 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilinator View Post

I've read the last 5 pages and can't find the answer.

 

Did we ever find out what the super new feature was to be? Was it the folding cups? 

Yes, I believe so.

post #1357 of 20972
Quote:
Yeah, it is the new folding cups. I hear Kokoryta re: the folding hinges being a concern, but I LOVE how my Sennheiser PX-100 headphones fold like eyeglasses, and they have never shown any signs of weakness despite often being put bare into cargo shorts pockets or a bag pocket. Obviously I don't see the M-100 fitting everywhere the diminutive PX-100 would, but it does give more options and just may make the difference in being able to pack them vs my AD700s or, say, AKG's K550 model. As much as I feel headphone listening has merits versus speakers for sound's sake, true portability and stow-ability is really important too. So, I think folding cups = win, and unique to be more storable than most at it's sound quality level.

Cheers!

Edit: I say "most" because I can't think of any headphone over $100 that does any better "transforming" for compact storage than to rotate the earcups flat, but they may exist. Under my radar.
Edited by Evshrug - 5/12/12 at 3:52pm
post #1358 of 20972
Ps I still think an attachable microphone extension would be an amazing feature for the
"Modern Entertainment Enthusiast" wink.gif
post #1359 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post

Quote:
 
Yeah, it is the new folding cups. I hear Kokoryta re: the folding hinges being a concern, but I LOVE how my Sennheiser PX-100 headphones fold like eyeglasses, and they have never shown any signs of weakness despite often being put bare into cargo shorts pockets or a bag pocket. Obviously I don't see the M-100 fitting everywhere the diminutive PX-100 would, but it does give more options and just may make the difference in being able to pack them vs my AD700s or, say, AKG's K550 model. As much as I feel headphone listening has merits versus speakers for sound's sake, true portability and stow-ability is really important too. So, I think folding cups = win, and unique to be more storable than most at it's sound quality level.
Cheers!
Edit: I say "most" because I can't think of any headphone over $100 that does any better "transforming" for compact storage than to rotate the earcups flat, but they may exist. Under my radar.

The ATH-M50 folds up!

post #1360 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsquared View Post

yes.

are they any different from the lp pads?

post #1361 of 20972
So is the release date around July now? Last time I was on this thread we were talking about a April-May release.

smily_headphones1.gif
post #1362 of 20972
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiddypdler View Post

So is the release date around July now? Last time I was on this thread we were talking about a April-May release.
smily_headphones1.gif

 

Still looking at July 4... will have updates soon on hardware side!   Now I am planning and writing all the content (2 photo shoots, press, packaging, manuals, video shoots, product pages, etc) while we wait for tooling phase to complete.  


VAMP LAUNCHES SOON, can't wait!

Reply
post #1363 of 20972

Thanks for the info Val, looking forward to the release!

post #1364 of 20972

Question: I got the 10% off code (I haven't messaged Vmoda on Facebook yet). Will it still be valid by the time the M-100 comes out?

post #1365 of 20972

Just stole this pic from AnakChan over at the V-MODA VAMP forum. There are the M-100s beautifully folded up and check out that case!

de201728_V-Moda2.jpeg

 

Sorry for not first asking your permission to repost this pic, AnakChan. I figured it's up on that thread, no harm having it here, too.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.