Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Vsonic GR-06 or Brainwavz M4 ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vsonic GR-06 or Brainwavz M4 ?

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 

Hi everybody,

 

I hesitate between these two models : the Brainwavz M4 and the Vsonic GR-06.

Does anybody have an opinion on the question please, or could compare them ?

 

Thanks a lot.

 

 

post #2 of 15

I'd like to know too tongue_smile.gif

post #3 of 15

So do I. Whichever fits my preferences more may very well be my next IEM purchase.


Edited by mbamg - 2/3/12 at 6:41pm
post #4 of 15

I have the GR-06, and love them. I did kind of want the ear down wearing of the M4, but the sound sig of the GR06 is nice so I don't mind :)

post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbamg View Post

So do I. Whichever fits my preferences more may very well be my next IEM purchase.


What are your sound preferences?

 

post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kckc View Post


What are your sound preferences?

 


I have the A151s, and I'm looking for a wider soundstage and more treble extension. I appreciate the punch and detail of the bass of the A151s but due to their lack of extension I'm left wanting in some songs. The accuracy and seperation is also better than any other IEM that I've ever listened to. I listen to mainly J-Pop and J-Rock, which usually employs a lot of electronic instruments and synthesizers.

post #7 of 15

Well, the M4s have more of a v-shaped sound and more recessed mids comparatively. The GR06 is definitely more balanced but also more boring IMO compared to the M4. I haven't listened to either for a while, but from memory the M4 should have a bigger soundstage.

post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbamg View Post


I have the A151s, and I'm looking for a wider soundstage and more treble extension. I appreciate the punch and detail of the bass of the A151s but due to their lack of extension I'm left wanting in some songs. The accuracy and seperation is also better than any other IEM that I've ever listened to. I listen to mainly J-Pop and J-Rock, which usually employs a lot of electronic instruments and synthesizers.


 

Your taste in music(j-pop,J-rock) is the same as mine. I also had the A151 , they had really good detail but i felt that they needed more kick(bass). I just bought the Meelec's M9 a few days ago. I like the kick they give but it's the sound is too sharp(treble?) for J-rock when they start singing and playing the instruments fast..  I  want a a wider sound stage with the kick of the Mee m9 and detail of the A151, would the Brainwavz m4 be my remedy?

post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompersona View Post


 

Your taste in music(j-pop,J-rock) is the same as mine. I also had the A151 , they had really good detail but i felt that they needed more kick(bass). I just bought the Meelec's M9 a few days ago. I like the kick they give but it's the sound is too sharp(treble?) for J-rock when they start singing and playing the instruments fast..  I  want a a wider sound stage with the kick of the Mee m9 and detail of the A151, would the Brainwavz m4 be my remedy?


Have you thought about the M2? I personally feel the M4 lacks a bit of the kick. 

post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacrazydude View Post


Have you thought about the M2? I personally feel the M4 lacks a bit of the kick. 



I retract my statement about the A151 not having enough kick. It has enough maybe not as full as the m9. I listened to my A151's last night after listening to my m9's for 3 days straight. Let me tell you, i was treated to musical bliss. I heard details i never heard in the m9 and the instrument seperation was more apparent. The focus on the vocals are what i like, and its what the A151's provide. Maybe the next headphones i should think about are the A161?Hopefully the successor fixesmy minor gripes about bass quantity. Sorry i probably should post somewhere else huh?haha

 


Edited by phantompersona - 2/8/12 at 8:40am
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompersona View Post



I retract my statement about the A151 not having enough kick. It has enough maybe not as full as the m9. I listened to my A151's last night after listening to my m9's for 3 days straight. Let me tell you, i was treated to musical bliss. I heard details i never heard in the m9 and the instrument seperation was more apparent. The focus on the vocals are what i like, and its what the A151's provide. Maybe the next headphones i should think about are the A161?Hopefully the successor fixesmy minor gripes about bass quantity. Sorry i probably should post somewhere else huh?haha

 


The narrow soundstage and treble roll-off are the problems for me. The bass extension is fine in most songs so that isn't really that big of a concern. You should know better than to compare the details and separation of a BA IEM to a low-end dynamic one biggrin.gif

 


Edited by mbamg - 2/8/12 at 10:19am
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbamg View Post


The narrow soundstage and treble roll-off are the problems for me. The bass extension is fine in most songs so that isn't really that big of a concern. You should know better than to compare the details and separation of a BA IEM to a low-end dynamic one biggrin.gif

 


true, but then again im pretty much new to the high end iem world and the world of Headfi forums. i consider myself a iem newb . I do agree about the treble roll off. soundstage is okay, very initimate but wouldprefer it to be bigger as well. Is their a headphone like the A151 that does everything it does but better?preferrably under the 100 region. Ive been looking at the Re Zero Re262 and Gr07. But both are way.over my limit. I'd probably prefer a BA because of the.amazing detail and clarity anyways.Also the brainwavz m4 caugt my interest because of the praise the brand gets from headfi. any suggestions would be helpful:-)
Edited by phantompersona - 2/8/12 at 12:31pm
post #13 of 15

Majorly late reply, but the M4 won't give you any more treble detail over the A151s. More bass extension and quantity, and also a slightly bigger soundstage, but not more detail. It also has a cavernous sound that makes some vocals sound a bit off. Judging by impressions going around, I'd say the GR06 is the better IEM.

post #14 of 15

I agree the M4 has a heavily V-shaped sound that makes music lack "something" somehow. I really dislike them (not for the details though)

post #15 of 15

I also bought the M4 (2 pairs actually) for 28$ a piece from mp4nation, I own the M1, I am very dissapointed with the M4, in my opinion M4 has no treble compared to M1, i find the treble extension better on the M1, I also found the mid-high zone a littlle too pronounced, as I turned the volume slightly up, it became disturbing, like  they were "shouting" in my ears, I did't even burn them in, I don't know if it made any kind of difference but now I already sold both pairs.. Reading all the reviews on the M4 makes me think I got a different IEM, not the M4.. I don't know what to say..
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Vsonic GR-06 or Brainwavz M4 ?