Recent Images In This Thread
- brandHeadAmptagged by System, 1/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- THE BHSE DEPRESSED AWAITING DELIVERY THREAD Last post on 5/5/16 at 11:12pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headamp to receiver? Last post on 12/14/13 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 4/12/16 at 11:24am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- New lower prices on STAX headphones / amplifiers, and Whiplash cables Last post on 3/18/14 at 2:11am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread Last post on 3/17/16 at 9:03am in Portable Headphone Amps
I bought these (at £150) expecting much but was shocked by how far they fell short of even competency. They are very uncomfortable, badly designed and the sound is really nothing special. Whatever...
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
HeadAmp Aristaeus Electrostatic Amp - build thread - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Please inform me the balance
I think I will go with the DACT
USPS express mail international to Bangkok 10200, Thailand , please
Edited by kiertijai - 3/1/12 at 1:49am
My Aristaeus is coming. Justin has just emailed me the excellent news.
Looking forward to try with the HE90 and SR009 with GEC B759's and GEC Philips ECL 86's
Edited by kiertijai - 3/3/12 at 2:54am
Wow...a big congrats krub!!
Money transferred for Aristaeus amplifier
Looking forward to the Aristaeus, the first in Thailand
Hope to compare with Chinsettawong's DIY T2 soon with the HE90, SR009, SR Omega and O2mkI
Received the Aristaeus yesterday, delivered by USPS express international
without any problem, no damage to the boxes, no problem at all at Thai custom
Will unpack and set up this weekend
@Justin ,Thanks so much
BTW what number is my Aristaeus out of 18?
I can't wait until the weekend so I opened up the box today.
The Aristaeus amplifier and its PSU unit is much smaller than I thought
but what a craftmanship, the Aristaeus and its PSU is one of the most beautiful
amplifier I ever saw. I cannot find my JPS aluminata power cable so I have to use stock
power cable via Hydra2 and the umbilical cord provided by Justin. Again this umbilical cord
is robustly and beautifully built that it will last forever. Justin has provided a matched quad of Siemens
ELC86's as power tubes (I also have Philips made Mullard ECL86 's but I think I will keep the Siemens
for a while) and 2 new JJ ECC83's as drivers. I am using the Lindemann 820S for CD
connected to Weiss DAC202 and I also use the oppo 83SE nuforce edition for SACD .
Both Lindemann 820S and Oppo 83SE are connected to the Balancing Act via balanced
Analysis plus golden oval and Stealth Indra RCA respectively and I use the passive loop of
the Balancing Act to the Aristaeus via the Argento flow RCA analog. I did not look at the serial number
at the back because I have set them up before I saw Milos 's message and I am afraid I may
mess it up. At first I think I will try with the SR Omega (O1) first because I am afraid I will ruin
my HE90. The O1 sang so beautifully , the bass response and soundstage are first class
much better than what I heard from the solid state Stax 727 with preamplifier function of the BA.
Again I cannot suppress my curiosity so I open my HE90 box and hook the HE90. Lara Fabian
is singing "Adagio" I hear your voice....... I feel you under my skin, deep in my heart my soul :
I realize this is the ultimate amplifier for the Orpheus, the lyrics of this song describe this combo perfectly.
I haven't done any tube rolling yet and I have prepared 18 months for that but I will leave that part for a while.
@Pachku : I don't have the SR009 with me now but I will have the SR009 + DIY T2 next week
(I will use the Philips EL34 metal base and Philips EL34 XF4 + Valvo CCA pinched waist , XF4 are the tubes that you suggested?)
@El Doug : Your HE90 is wonderful with the Aristaeus. Below are the pictures
I just stacked the Aristaeus over the balanced beta22 and Balancing act PSU, (this is not a proper place I will try to find new place for it soon)
The Aristaeus used a quad of Siemens ECL86 and a matched pair of JJ ECC83S which I later changed the JJ
to Mazda 12AX7s silver plate triple mica while the Balancing Act used Mullard AC044 as power tubes and Mullard
ECC35 short brown base as driver. I played Adele "21" "Rolling in the deep" I tried to compare the LCD3 and other dynamic
and orthodynamic headphones using BA vs the HE90 + Aristaeus and the only headphones that came close was the Sony MDR R10 .
I need to send the LCD3 back to Audeze to check the driver to see whether it will perform better or not. I also need to do the tube rolling
for the BA to match the performance of the Aristaeus because it can not match the dynamic, ambience and microdetails
of the HE90+ Aristaeus. Previously I thought the R10 + BA may be better in term of soundstage and bass but that's a tie now.
I may try the WE300B engraved or STC 4300B or globe PX4 as power tubes and Tungsol 6SU7GTY as driver
Yep, I'm running a set of brown base DD-getter Phillips tubes on the BHSE, and that works pretty well. My T2 is still in the works, so I'm really waiting for somebody to tell me which combination of 6DJ8 / EL34 works with the 009 Not too many possibilities to upgrade the amp after that, though...
- HeadAmp Aristaeus Electrostatic Amp - build thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Any advice on trading expensive headphones with wear? 15 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 38 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 53 seconds ago
- › Are you a console or PC gamer? 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 3 minutes ago
- › iCAN micro SE – (thanks to Meze - you guys are great!) Things are... 4 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 4 minutes ago
- › $1-$25 USD- Favorite budget in-ear monitors- General consensus... 5 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 6 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...