Master 8 yes, Master 9... not sure.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 10/19/16 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/25/15 at 9:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue) Last post on 6/14/14 at 6:13am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Even at their current $89 price, I consider the Klipsch R6s an excellent value. They are fundamentally honest about what you put into them. Although they reveal a great deal about each recording,...
With my head laid back, eyes closed, and feet tapping to the beat, I can’t help but be thankful for some of the audio equipment that I have. Thankfully, Justin Weber, owner of Ampsandsound,...
Acknowledgment It’s always a privilege to check out new gear in exchange for your honest opinion. Thanks, iFi, for letting me in on this particular party. I’ve been borrowing this unit...
Introduction I have recently had the good fortune to review 1More’s excellent Triple Driver 1001 In Ear Monitors and their MK802 Bluetooth full-sized headphone and was left extremely impressed...
As the rabbit hole of summit-fi in-ear monitors gets deeper and deeper, I find myself encountering the same issues over and over. Most of the high end multiple armature driver in-ear monitors in...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 160post #2386 of 44512/3/14 at 1:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2387 of 44512/4/14 at 10:01ampost #2388 of 44512/4/14 at 10:22pmpost #2389 of 44512/5/14 at 1:23pmpost #2390 of 44512/5/14 at 2:11pmpost #2391 of 44512/5/14 at 2:57pmpost #2392 of 44512/6/14 at 7:32am
How do you read it?post #2393 of 44512/6/14 at 7:45am
For example, for some M9 being less transparent and less airy will mean that it's clearly a worse amp. For others, being warmer could mean that it's a better amp. And for those that treat the pros and cons equally they could very well be equal :)post #2394 of 44512/6/14 at 8:13am
No such thing as better or worse at the level of the M9 and GSX-2, just preferences and synergy.
I have the Master-6 is find the bass to be stunning and very tight, full and fast. Tone is neutral, it seems the M9 is designed to be slightly warmer.
Very transparent and airy (the latter especially true with the HD800's).
So in some ways the M6 seems to be closer to the GSX than the M9.
Edited by nigeljames - 2/6/14 at 9:23ampost #2395 of 44512/6/14 at 8:58amQuote:
Ding ding ding.
I would add that the mk2 is already a warm amp, if the M9 is even more so... ugh.post #2396 of 44512/6/14 at 9:21amQuote:
I am glad I have the 'neutral' M6post #2397 of 44512/6/14 at 9:27amQuote:
That's because of your PWD. As you and others said, the GS-X is highly transparent and I'd bet that with a bright DAC the GS-X would be brigh-ish as well :)post #2398 of 44512/6/14 at 9:33amQuote:
Transparency and a slight colour tint are two different things. The HE90s are extremely transparent and warm sounding. My 2c.post #2399 of 44512/6/14 at 9:50amQuote:
Ok then, call it however you like but if everything I read about GS-X is true then it greatly reflects the source's character. Even more so than other amps. So if you have a bright DAC the overal sound will be bright as well. I call it transparency, I don't know how others call it (maybe dead neutral :P).post #2400 of 44512/6/14 at 10:13amQuote:Originally Posted by citraian
Ok then, call it however you like but if everything I read about GS-X is true then it greatly reflects the source's character. Even more so than other amps. So if you have a bright DAC the overal sound will be bright as well. I call it transparency, I don't know how others call it (maybe dead neutral :P).
Sure and that's what I call being very transparent. It also does not exclude it having a slight tint of its own.
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 3 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser PXC 550 Discussion and Reviews 38 seconds ago
- › Oppo Sonica DAC (an affordable ES9038PRO Sabre DAC) 55 seconds ago
- › Reply to get FiiO's New In-Ear Monitors F1 for Free 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › I am new here pls help!! 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern XB10 Extreme Bluetooth Adapter 2 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Hisoundfi
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear