Master 8 yes, Master 9... not sure.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 10/19/16 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/25/15 at 9:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue) Last post on 6/14/14 at 6:13am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks go to earphonia.com who were pleased to let me give the excellently valued Co-Donguri earphone a spin. Pairings Equipment Hidizs AP60 Chord Mojo Dac Intro My second IEM...
Kaiser Encore: Early impressions Please note: This review is posted only so I could share my (very) early impressions, as I know many are eager to hear about the latest Noble (co-) flagship....
Note: I have previously reviewed the K10 from Noble, where I covered much of Noble’s history and order process. For this reason, I will use some of the portions of that review that pertain to Noble...
Founded in 2014 in Guangzhou, China, Shinrico is a company focused on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises. Recently I reviewed their excellent D3S Digital...
For larger (1200x800) images, simply click any photoINTRODUCTIONAhhh – the portable amplifier – one of the audio enthusiast's more misunderstood tools / assets. For the beginner, there...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 160post #2386 of 44572/3/14 at 1:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2387 of 44572/4/14 at 10:01ampost #2388 of 44572/4/14 at 10:22pmpost #2389 of 44572/5/14 at 1:23pmpost #2390 of 44572/5/14 at 2:11pmpost #2391 of 44572/5/14 at 2:57pmpost #2392 of 44572/6/14 at 7:32am
How do you read it?post #2393 of 44572/6/14 at 7:45am
For example, for some M9 being less transparent and less airy will mean that it's clearly a worse amp. For others, being warmer could mean that it's a better amp. And for those that treat the pros and cons equally they could very well be equal :)post #2394 of 44572/6/14 at 8:13am
No such thing as better or worse at the level of the M9 and GSX-2, just preferences and synergy.
I have the Master-6 is find the bass to be stunning and very tight, full and fast. Tone is neutral, it seems the M9 is designed to be slightly warmer.
Very transparent and airy (the latter especially true with the HD800's).
So in some ways the M6 seems to be closer to the GSX than the M9.
Edited by nigeljames - 2/6/14 at 9:23ampost #2395 of 44572/6/14 at 8:58amQuote:
Ding ding ding.
I would add that the mk2 is already a warm amp, if the M9 is even more so... ugh.post #2396 of 44572/6/14 at 9:21amQuote:
I am glad I have the 'neutral' M6post #2397 of 44572/6/14 at 9:27amQuote:
That's because of your PWD. As you and others said, the GS-X is highly transparent and I'd bet that with a bright DAC the GS-X would be brigh-ish as well :)post #2398 of 44572/6/14 at 9:33amQuote:
Transparency and a slight colour tint are two different things. The HE90s are extremely transparent and warm sounding. My 2c.post #2399 of 44572/6/14 at 9:50amQuote:
Ok then, call it however you like but if everything I read about GS-X is true then it greatly reflects the source's character. Even more so than other amps. So if you have a bright DAC the overal sound will be bright as well. I call it transparency, I don't know how others call it (maybe dead neutral :P).post #2400 of 44572/6/14 at 10:13amQuote:Originally Posted by citraian
Ok then, call it however you like but if everything I read about GS-X is true then it greatly reflects the source's character. Even more so than other amps. So if you have a bright DAC the overal sound will be bright as well. I call it transparency, I don't know how others call it (maybe dead neutral :P).
Sure and that's what I call being very transparent. It also does not exclude it having a slight tint of its own.
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › New Audeze LCD3 1 second ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 17 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 46 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ? 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot MKIII Tube Rolling 1 minute ago
- › The begging of the end. A noob's journey into madness. 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 2 minutes ago
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by Takeanidea
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Sorensiim
- › Noble Audio Katana by cvbcbcmv
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear