Master 8 yes, Master 9... not sure.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 10/19/16 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/25/15 at 9:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue) Last post on 6/14/14 at 6:13am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 160post #2386 of 45602/3/14 at 1:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2387 of 45602/4/14 at 10:01ampost #2388 of 45602/4/14 at 10:22pmpost #2389 of 45602/5/14 at 1:23pmpost #2390 of 45602/5/14 at 2:11pmpost #2391 of 45602/5/14 at 2:57pmpost #2392 of 45602/6/14 at 7:32am
How do you read it?post #2393 of 45602/6/14 at 7:45am
For example, for some M9 being less transparent and less airy will mean that it's clearly a worse amp. For others, being warmer could mean that it's a better amp. And for those that treat the pros and cons equally they could very well be equal :)post #2394 of 45602/6/14 at 8:13am
No such thing as better or worse at the level of the M9 and GSX-2, just preferences and synergy.
I have the Master-6 is find the bass to be stunning and very tight, full and fast. Tone is neutral, it seems the M9 is designed to be slightly warmer.
Very transparent and airy (the latter especially true with the HD800's).
So in some ways the M6 seems to be closer to the GSX than the M9.
Edited by nigeljames - 2/6/14 at 9:23ampost #2395 of 45602/6/14 at 8:58amQuote:
Ding ding ding.
I would add that the mk2 is already a warm amp, if the M9 is even more so... ugh.post #2396 of 45602/6/14 at 9:21amQuote:
I am glad I have the 'neutral' M6post #2397 of 45602/6/14 at 9:27amQuote:
That's because of your PWD. As you and others said, the GS-X is highly transparent and I'd bet that with a bright DAC the GS-X would be brigh-ish as well :)post #2398 of 45602/6/14 at 9:33amQuote:
Transparency and a slight colour tint are two different things. The HE90s are extremely transparent and warm sounding. My 2c.post #2399 of 45602/6/14 at 9:50amQuote:
Ok then, call it however you like but if everything I read about GS-X is true then it greatly reflects the source's character. Even more so than other amps. So if you have a bright DAC the overal sound will be bright as well. I call it transparency, I don't know how others call it (maybe dead neutral :P).post #2400 of 45602/6/14 at 10:13amQuote:Originally Posted by citraian
Ok then, call it however you like but if everything I read about GS-X is true then it greatly reflects the source's character. Even more so than other amps. So if you have a bright DAC the overal sound will be bright as well. I call it transparency, I don't know how others call it (maybe dead neutral :P).
Sure and that's what I call being very transparent. It also does not exclude it having a slight tint of its own.
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone just now
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 24 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 33 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Tennmak 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica W1000 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 4 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 5 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear