or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 224

post #3346 of 32858

Haha,

Anyone want to sell me a cheap as FX40s?
Or

Perhaps you want you want to be as nice as Rickdohc and offer it for free? Ill pay shipping?

LOL, I have a feeling this ain't gonna work!

Anyway I live in New Zealand if you do want to be really nice!


I just wanna hear the other side of the sound spectrum, and really appreciate the bass thats on the FX101s by listening to a more balanced IEM

 

Thanks for any takers  :)

post #3347 of 32858

@DannyBai, do/did you have the SHE358*??

post #3348 of 32858
update i have nearly 1000 hours on my pink 101s and 30 on my green.anway my pinks destroyed my mates genuine turbine golds in every way we a b them.my pinks have super dark deep bass.the mids controlled and smooth.zero and i mean zero sibilance or harch brite highs.my grean pair are unlistneable too harch no bass.heavly burnt in 101s are unstoppable
post #3349 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by live1 View Post

update i have nearly 1000 hours on my pink 101s and 30 on my green.anway my pinks destroyed my mates genuine turbine golds in every way we a b them.my pinks have super dark deep bass.the mids controlled and smooth.zero and i mean zero sibilance or harch brite highs.my grean pair are unlistneable too harch no bass.heavly burnt in 101s are unstoppable

Remeber, there is not such thing as burn in, its all in you head cool.gif

post #3350 of 32858
oh yeah burn in is fake ha ha
post #3351 of 32858

yes burn in can be placebo (although not in the case of the 101s) and even when it does happen its extremely marginal.  Also burn in is not necessarily a good thing,  phones can sound great out the box and deteriorate through more hours.  More people need to know this.

post #3352 of 32858
Deleted. Sorry, nothing to see here.

Edited by KEP1 - 9/14/12 at 10:14am
post #3353 of 32858

Can someone describe the treble on the Sony Sony MDR-XB90EX?. I really like my treble and I'm curious since a lot of the time Sony tends to roll-off their treble compared to many Audio-Technica and Beyerdynamic headphones.

post #3354 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post

@DannyBai, do/did you have the SHE358*??

I had the SHE3580.  Didn't care for them.  I don't eq and didn't give them half a chance.  

post #3355 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by stozzer123 View Post

yes burn in can be placebo (although not in the case of the 101s) and even when it does happen its extremely marginal.  Also burn in is not necessarily a good thing,  phones can sound great out the box and deteriorate through more hours.  More people need to know this.

 

Yeah, I agree !   ...the HA S400 sound great out of the box, I had to go and burn them !!!

 

50hrs later and they sound like Beats rolleyes.gif   ...almost threw them into the dustbin.

 

 

 

 

Thanks god I didn't because 100hrs+ later   ...they became my all time favourites ! 

Burning does nothing except mess up your mind !

post #3356 of 32858

just wanted to chime in about all this burn-in paranoia :D If you listen to the music, then you are burning in the iems, so no use discussing the pros and cons of burn in - you want it or not, you are still gonna burn them in, so enjoy what you got and don't panic :P also, burn in works and no, it is not a placebo - the difference is too big and noticeable. also, measurable, when compared against unused iems...

post #3357 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post

Can someone describe the treble on the Sony Sony MDR-XB90EX?. I really like my treble and I'm curious since a lot of the time Sony tends to roll-off their treble compared to many Audio-Technica and Beyerdynamic headphones.

I'm curious about this too. One of the things I like most about the FX101 is the highs.

post #3358 of 32858
Thread Starter 

There is a bit of roll off on the XB90EX however I noticed especially after a good burn in. The highs are actually very good. It does not have the extended highs that are in the more detailed oriented earphones. The Carbon nanotube earphones for one. However I feel it makes up for this lack of top end sparkle with endless deep sound that are an EX specialty..If you guys want your highs with your mids and bass. While the sound is not as tight the CKS77 is actually this..This bit of roll off makes the earphones sound very smooth and tunes are ultimately very easy to listen to. Imagery is also very nice on the XB90. Recordings with up front vocals are clearly heard up front and center. Many earphones can't convey the position of instruments to vocals and the depth required for this to be right but the XB90 is magical with it comes to this making big bands and live concerts a pleasure to listen to.


Edited by Dsnuts - 9/15/12 at 9:41am
post #3359 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

I had the SHE3580.  Didn't care for them.  I don't eq and didn't give them half a chance.  

at least, would you know which one is closer in signature to the SHE ? the x30ex or the fxd60 ?

post #3360 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post

at least, would you know which one is closer in signature to the SHE ? the x30ex or the fxd60 ?

Just a guess here but xb30ex.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153