Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out - Page 393

post #5881 of 6020
I should email them to make sure the channels are as balanced throughout the spectrum as possible. If there is one thing I hate, its channel imbalance. My Pro 900s had a bad treble peak on the right driver. rolleyes.gif
post #5882 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

I should email them to make sure the channels are as balanced throughout the spectrum as possible. If there is one thing I hate, its channel imbalance. My Pro 900s had a bad treble peak on the right driver. rolleyes.gif

 

Yeah well my Pro 900 have a bad treble peak on both of them! Perhaps I should return them then wink_face.gif

post #5883 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post

Yeah well my Pro 900 have a bad treble peak on both of them! Perhaps I should return them then wink_face.gif

Lol, I see what you did there. But seriously, my right driver had like a couple decibels over the left driver in the treble. It was annoying.
post #5884 of 6020

Thanks to some of the people in this thread and justin from HeadAmp, I'm able to enjoy listening to these headphones again after ~3 months! smily_headphones1.gif

post #5885 of 6020

Hello everybody,

 

I just bought a used revision 2 HE-400 and it should be here on monday. I am very sensitive to channel imbalance and have gotten rid of a few headphones due to channel imbalance. If I get the HE-400's and I hear an imbalance, could I send them at my shipping expense to HIFIMAN and have them balance my HE-400 even if I bought it used?

 

Thank you...

post #5886 of 6020

That would be a question to post in the hifiman announcement thread...

post #5887 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeman97 View Post

Hello everybody,

 

I just bought a used revision 2 HE-400 and it should be here on monday. I am very sensitive to channel imbalance and have gotten rid of a few headphones due to channel imbalance. If I get the HE-400's and I hear an imbalance, could I send them at my shipping expense to HIFIMAN and have them balance my HE-400 even if I bought it used?

 

Thank you...

Get the original order info from whoever you bought the HE400 from. Hifiman has a 1-yr free (except shipping cost of you shipping defective unit to them) replacement warranty as long as you show them the proof.

 

Then again, all HE400s are less than 1 year old right now (earliest revision 1 HE400s were shipped what late January?) so you might not even need the original receipt.

 

Edit: never mind, seems like I'm wrong about this.


Edited by jerg - 12/8/12 at 7:27pm
post #5888 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeman97 View Post

Hello everybody,

 

I just bought a used revision 2 HE-400 and it should be here on monday. I am very sensitive to channel imbalance and have gotten rid of a few headphones due to channel imbalance. If I get the HE-400's and I hear an imbalance, could I send them at my shipping expense to HIFIMAN and have them balance my HE-400 even if I bought it used?

 

Thank you...

 

HifiMAN does not support the warranty if the headphones are not owned by the original owner.  In my case, HifiMAN charged me about $85.00 to resolve an issue.  $75.00 was for the repair / replacement and the $10.00 was for the shipping costs.  Plus, I had to pay the shipping, $15.00 or so to get my defective pair back to New York to get the ball rolling.

 

But, you are asking a question for which may or may not be an issue.  I highly doubt that you're going to be purchasing a used pair with a channel imbalance.  If it is the case, then the seller should have informed you before the sale was conducted.  If the seller did not disclose the information to you, then I'd still take it up with the seller to provide your money back to you.  I, personally, would not buy a used pair again, unless the price was extremely attractive.  When you consider the costs that would be involved for HifiMAN's service, it more than chips away at the difference in cost between a used vs. a new pair.  There is one consideration that I would make in buying a discounted pair.  If headphone.com had a returned pair that they were selling as a "B" stock, I would opt for it.  This would still mean that I would have a full warranty on my purchase.

post #5889 of 6020

You can pm Peter here...

 

http://www.head-fi.org/u/292104/hifiman-us

post #5890 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post

 

HifiMAN does not support the warranty if the headphones are not owned by the original owner.  In my case, HifiMAN charged me about $85.00 to resolve an issue.  $75.00 was for the repair / replacement and the $10.00 was for the shipping costs.  Plus, I had to pay the shipping, $15.00 or so to get my defective pair back to New York to get the ball rolling.

 

But, you are asking a question for which may or may not be an issue.  I highly doubt that you're going to be purchasing a used pair with a channel imbalance.  If it is the case, then the seller should have informed you before the sale was conducted.  If the seller did not disclose the information to you, then I'd still take it up with the seller to provide your money back to you.  I, personally, would not buy a used pair again, unless the price was extremely attractive.  When you consider the costs that would be involved for HifiMAN's service, it more than chips away at the difference in cost between a used vs. a new pair.  There is one consideration that I would make in buying a discounted pair.  If headphone.com had a returned pair that they were selling as a "B" stock, I would opt for it.  This would still mean that I would have a full warranty on my purchase.

Huh it only cost you $85 to Hifiman to replace your 2nd hand HE400? Costed me $100 to replace my HE500 (also second hand). I wonder if the price difference is because of the unit price difference or that I got ripped.

post #5891 of 6020

$15 difference for a headphone that cost $300 more seems pretty reasonable to me. 

post #5892 of 6020

Thank you everybody!

 

So what about a blown driver if that ever happens? I kind of regretting buying used for a $40 discount and a set of velour pads but hey, live and learn. Is driver failure common even on the revision 2's?

post #5893 of 6020

Actually those prices are very reasonable. If I had to send my HD800 in to Sennheiser the price is a well over couple hundred from what I remember for them to even look at it. I can't remember the price but I remember it being quite high 

post #5894 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

$15 difference for a headphone that cost $300 more seems pretty reasonable to me. 

Yeah I guess. In the end hey I end up with completely new (and imbalance/issue-free since they specifically checked for it) HE500s for way less than how much it'd cost if I actually buy new; I'm in no place to complain at all.

post #5895 of 6020

@jerg, 

 

Wait, you paid $15 for your HE-500's to get them balanced???? That's it? Or am I missing something...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out