Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6181

post #92701 of 126571
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Dunno if maybe I have the wrong person added or not, but from my end it looks like your account is disabled...

Also just checked and I have 10 invites now! LOL

 

Uh, sure? I dunno what I can send you though ?.?

I don't really have any gear that I'm not actively using that you haven't heard already....

Well if there is anything you'd like to borrow, try out, review on that list. You just need to pay shipping to and back really. This stuff that is marked as such is just sitting in my desk.

Any IEMs you think I may like?

 

I'd be down for trying the E18, assuming I can hack my phone to use it...

post #92702 of 126571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

I stream Anime in HD on KissAnime and various official websites.

Crazy, right?


I'm not a person who re-watches movies/shows (very rarely) and I also have better things to do than always keeping an eye on my torrent ratio. German law is pretty brutal when it comes to torrenting and such.



Look at Mr. Goody two shoes..... Haha j/k, In my youth I was quite a pirate myself.... when you have a lot to lose, you kind of find other legal means to get it done.
post #92703 of 126571
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Any IEMs you think I may like?

 

I'd be down for trying the E18, assuming I can hack my phone to use it...

You like slightly bassier or bassy, fun right?

 

DN 19, S1 are probably on your boat.

 

I am in contact with Fischer Audio now and am getting their new IEM but that won't be kept by me so I can't send that one over. However, they did ask for me to review their other IEM's so once I get those in, I'll let you know your interest.

 

I'll probably be regularily getting RHA, and Brainwavz units from now(or as I request them) so let me know then. I'm running out of desk room now that I'm in College. 

post #92704 of 126571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinarc View Post

Look at Mr. Goody two shoes..... Haha j/k, In my youth I was quite a pirate myself.... when you have a lot to lose, you kind of find other legal means to get it done.

Hmm? Are you over the age of 25?

 

Anyway, most anime we donwload isn't pirating in a sense.

 

Just like how companies use legal loopholes. We are as well.

 

The mass majority of anime we download on AT or and to a slightly lesser degree of older ones are not lisenced in the USA. OR, companies that once lisenced them (ADV or Funimation or Toei etc) either went bankrupt OR never renewed their lisences. Stimulcasts that Crunchyroll are doing now are in a very big gray area. 

post #92705 of 126571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

I stream Anime in HD on KissAnime and various official websites.
Crazy, right?

I'm not a person who re-watches movies/shows (very rarely) and I also have better things to do than always keeping an eye on my torrent ratio. German law is pretty brutal when it comes to torrenting and such.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Hmm? Are you over the age of 25?

 

Anyway, most anime we donwload isn't pirating in a sense.

 

Just like how companies use legal loopholes. We are as well.

 

The mass majority of anime we download on AT or and to a slightly lesser degree of older ones are not lisenced in the USA. OR, companies that once lisenced them (ADV or Funimation or Toei etc) either went bankrupt OR never renewed their lisences. Stimulcasts that Crunchyroll are doing now are in a very big gray area. 

exactly, although I won't speak much more though all things considered

 

but this conversation came up, here in America, there is one thing we can count on... and that's greed. As a part of America's largest ISP Time Warner, we know these greedy execs want buisness over anything. The government can pressure them into having stricture regulations on peer to peer, but depending on how much buisness the lose... in the end thier greed will prevail again'st what ever pressure the government tries to throw at them

 

that and there is a Optical ISP in my area, I'll pay the extra rate for the security provided by running optical and take up the bonus in speed 

post #92706 of 126571
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Any IEMs you think I may like?

 

I'd be down for trying the E18, assuming I can hack my phone to use it...

You like slightly bassier or bassy, fun right?

 

DN 19, S1 are probably on your boat.

 

I am in contact with Fischer Audio now and am getting their new IEM but that won't be kept by me so I can't send that one over. However, they did ask for me to review their other IEM's so once I get those in, I'll let you know your interest.

 

I'll probably be regularily getting RHA, and Brainwavz units from now(or as I request them) so let me know then. I'm running out of desk room now that I'm in College. 

Slightly bassy, more punchy than poopy though. Also looking for intimate vocals.

 

S1s might be an interesting listen. I DO still want clarity while not being harsh.

post #92707 of 126571
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Slightly bassy, more punchy than poopy though. Also looking for intimate vocals.

 

S1s might be an interesting listen. I DO still want clarity while not being harsh.

R3 is that then

http://www.yourbrainwavz.com/r3.html

 

Not that much bass but still does(has seperate bass driver) while its main focus on clarity. Basically, less clarity than Gr07 but more detail, soundstage, and bass than Gr07.

post #92708 of 126571
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

R3 is that then

http://www.yourbrainwavz.com/r3.html

 

Not that much bass but still does(has seperate bass driver) while its main focus on clarity. Basically, less clarity than Gr07 but more detail, soundstage, and bass than Gr07.

A dual dynamic IEM that looks like soda bottle?
Interesting!


Okay, enough Mushishi (♥) for today.
Time for the NLSS!
http://www.twitch.tv/Northernlion

post #92709 of 126571
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Okay, enough Mushishi (♥) for today.
Time for the NLSS!
http://www.twitch.tv/Northernlion

That scum of a man.

 

Also weird how I'm finding so many more people who watch Northernlion lately.

post #92710 of 126571
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Hmm? Are you over the age of 25?

Anyway, most anime we donwload isn't pirating in a sense.

Just like how companies use legal loopholes. We are as well.

The mass majority of anime we download on AT or and to a slightly lesser degree of older ones are not lisenced in the USA. OR, companies that once lisenced them (ADV or Funimation or Toei etc) either went bankrupt OR never renewed their lisences. Stimulcasts that Crunchyroll are doing now are in a very big gray area. 

I'm 31. I know about the licensing issues where anime is concerned, I was speaking a little more generally (music, movies, etc. as well as anime) and you hit the nail on the head with crunchyroll or even Hulu. With the laws in Japan as they are today, we're lucky that BD RAWS are so easy to come by, they have pretty severe fines in place.
Edited by Muinarc - 10/16/13 at 3:15pm
post #92711 of 126571
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

All I'm missing is What.CD. Need that classical music...assuming they have a lot.


What.CD is still quite a mystery to me. It's a big gray page with only username and password on it... I guess I could say it's another life goal to get in there.

post #92712 of 126571
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

That scum of a man.

 

Also weird how I'm finding so many more people who watch Northernlion lately.

He's the scummiest scumlord of them all ♥
Never seen so many people watching his stream. Over 6969!


Only 18 hours until the release of The Stanley Parabel!
I also grabbed Scribblenauts Unlimited for 5€ on Steam ^^

post #92713 of 126571
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Slightly bassy, more punchy than poopy though. Also looking for intimate vocals.

 

S1s might be an interesting listen. I DO still want clarity while not being harsh.

R3 is that then

http://www.yourbrainwavz.com/r3.html

 

Not that much bass but still does(has seperate bass driver) while its main focus on clarity. Basically, less clarity than Gr07 but more detail, soundstage, and bass than Gr07.

What the... That IEM looks ridiculous! Not sure what exactly it looks like (I almost wanna say a hairdryer but that isn't right)

How's the comfort?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nec3 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

All I'm missing is What.CD. Need that classical music...assuming they have a lot.


What.CD is still quite a mystery to me. It's a big gray page with only username and password on it... I guess I could say it's another life goal to get in there.

Heh, what has a great selection of music but getting a ratio there can be a beech.

post #92714 of 126571

Now they are streaming Pokemon Snap!
Too much nostalgia!
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ʀᴀɪsᴇ ᴜʀ ᴅᴏɴɢᴇʀs ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽/

http://www.multitwitch.tv/northernlion/rockleesmile/jsmithoti

I'll just stop promoting his awesome stream now.....

post #92715 of 126571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

I stream Anime in HD on KissAnime and various official websites.
Crazy, right?

I'm not a person who re-watches movies/shows (very rarely) and I also have better things to do than always keeping an eye on my torrent ratio. German law is pretty brutal when it comes to torrenting and such.

 

I can definitely understand about German copyright law being tight.  Still, you are NOT the UK, which from what I've been keeping up with is starting to turn into a bloody nightmare.  Not to mention Russia is trying to censor about 160 local file-sharing sites (including RUtracker, which is actually really good with getting English stuff, mainly DVDs and albums).  I'm from the U.S., BTW (East Coast FTW), but I pay attention to TorrentFreak.  A lot.

 

And I can say as a member that what.cd has mostly anything you can think of out of J-Pop (that's what Animebytes, Nyaa, and/or BakaBT is for), but it is definitely a bitch to maintain ratio if you download older material and if you don't try uploading and/or trumping torrents.  Also, you definitely need to know your music file stuff before you apply, but other than that, you should be golden.


Edited by JbstormburstADV - 10/16/13 at 5:37pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge