Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Q701, HE-400, D5000 and Matrix M-Stage? Last post on 8/3/14 at 5:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 8156
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I first tried the Shure SE846 which really, really surprised me. Dayum that deep and full tight bass, almost speaker like but it's still balanced and doesn't drown out the midrange at all, incredible.
Next I tried the Final Audio Design Pandora Hope IV and in the same FAD fashion, it sounds really different. I don't know if it's the BA driver inside it but there seems to be a very steep deep around the upper mid region (2kHz to 4kHz ish) which makes male vocals sound thin but the treble is smooth.
Next I tried the NAD Viso HP50 and I found it that it sounds similar to the Focal Spirit Pro only smoother and more comfortable. It's incredibly balanced and does any kind of genre of music extremely well but sadly there's nothing that makes it sound special, it's a jack of all trades, master of none kind of headphone. If I were given the choice to only take one headphone for the rest of my life without an amp, this might be it.
Then I tried the Alessandro MS2e which I found that it sounds smoother and less jarring and harsh than past Grados SRx25i series.
And that was pretty much it. Jaben Jakarta had an entirely new look as well as being a bit more roomier than usual. It's incredible that the people working at Jaben still remember my face after one year of absence.
Edited by VortexBlast - 8/5/14 at 6:52am
Mentally disturbed and kind of useless girl from Zankyou no Terror.
Still the second most interesting character in this anime (so far).
And the most interesting being?
I think her potential to evolve makes her quite interesting.
Mr grumpy detective guy.
The show doesn't really know who its protagonists are. The terrorist teens or the police? I guess all of them. I don't think that this is necessarily a bad thing.
Pretty cool and interesting show besides that! Directing par excellence.
So far my numero uno of this season (Space Dandy and Psycho-Pass don't count).
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › What are 3 additions to the FW of the DX50 or DX90 that you would... 2 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 38 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 and HDVA 600 Review 2 minutes ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 3 minutes ago
- › Workout Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Fresh X1 user - A few questions 3 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 4 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 4 minutes ago
- › WTT For balanced Alpha Dog headphones 5 minutes ago
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3