Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread - Page 336  

post #5026 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten123 View Post

Sorry guys, my workplace has just decided to block Head-fi angry_face.gif

 

Writing this from my own netbook but the mobile connection is hit and miss.

 

I've emailed Sunny to find out if we can start again...and what the damage is going to be eek.gif

 

I'll try and post pics, but this connection is dodgy

 

Ouch, that sucks. Hope you're able to get it sorted quickly and end up with something you like.

post #5027 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten123 View Post

I'll try and post pics, but this connection is dodgy

They may not be as bad as you think. Maybe it’s not what you expected, but maybe it’s still something nice? I know as a designer if something I try to create doesn’t come out exactly as I had envisioned my first reaction is that it’s crap, I failed, it’s horrible, what have I done… and so on. Then I show it to someone else to try and figure out where I went wrong and sometimes they show me but sometimes they tell me I’m mad and it looks great.

If nothing else, maybe some of us can give you some suggestions on how to salvage your CIEMs without starting over from scratch. What did you do for design? I know you said you are going to try to send pictures, but what options did you choose?
post #5028 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougofTheAbaci View Post


They may not be as bad as you think. Maybe it’s not what you expected, but maybe it’s still something nice? I know as a designer if something I try to create doesn’t come out exactly as I had envisioned my first reaction is that it’s crap, I failed, it’s horrible, what have I done… and so on. Then I show it to someone else to try and figure out where I went wrong and sometimes they show me but sometimes they tell me I’m mad and it looks great.

If nothing else, maybe some of us can give you some suggestions on how to salvage your CIEMs without starting over from scratch. What did you do for design? I know you said you are going to try to send pictures, but what options did you choose?

Yeah, maybe they are okay, but ultimately you have to live with them so redo them if you can afford to. Still, please post pics when you can.

 

I went maybe a little too conservative on mine, for two reasons: I really wanted to just showcase the wood, and then I was also afraid it might come out crazy if I tried to get too creative. I tossed around the idea of colored shells and gold nugget canals, etc, but In the end, I am very, very happy with how mine came out.

 

As a side note, I am pretty startled at how fast my shipping is coming along. I got my confirmation on Sunday night, they shipped right away (Monday) and the tracking shows delivery on Thursday! Worth every penny of the $55 that Heir charges, if you ask me. I have heard some complain about the cost but it seems they are using a premium service to get these orders out around the world very quickly. 

post #5029 of 7980

OMG, why everyone that get confirmation from Sunny that their customs are done except me.

post #5030 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by king8888 View Post

OMG, why everyone that get confirmation from Sunny that their customs are done except me.

you are not the only one. There are a few out there that are in the same boat. Waiting is a pain but we knew that before we bought them:)

post #5031 of 7980

Some excellent news....I won't go into the full ins and outs as I don't know how Wizard would feel about airing our conversation.

All I will say is that if anyone is in two minds about using Heir Audio for their CIEMs - dont be!

 

The Legendary customer service is for real !

post #5032 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten123 View Post

Some excellent news....I won't go into the full ins and outs as I don't know how Wizard would feel about airing our conversation.

All I will say is that if anyone is in two minds about using Heir Audio for their CIEMs - dont be!

 

The Legendary customer service is for real !

Still would love to see the old design :)

post #5033 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten123 View Post

Some excellent news....I won't go into the full ins and outs as I don't know how Wizard would feel about airing our conversation.

All I will say is that if anyone is in two minds about using Heir Audio for their CIEMs - dont be!

 

The Legendary customer service is for real !

From my experiences with Heir, my feelings are the same as yours beerchug.gif

post #5034 of 7980

I'm yet to see a disgruntled Heir customer... Considering that Head-Fi is mostly a bunch of whiney bastards screaming their lungs out from atop a mountain of entitlement, that's quite a feat!

post #5035 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

I'm yet to see a disgruntled Heir customer... Considering that Head-Fi is mostly a bunch of whiney bastards screaming their lungs out from atop a mountain of entitlement, that's quite a feat!

Haha, so true. you can not complain and even if somethings do not go your way they will make sure you get a positive outcome. Really amazing for such a small outfit. Only other company that is this good is Frank from Toxic cables.

post #5036 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by gidion27 View Post

Still would love to see the old design :)

I will do in due course....a before and after wink_face.gif

post #5037 of 7980
@Kryten123: Glad to hear HA was able to get you sorted in a way you found satisfactory and good luck with the redo! I hope you come to love the final product visually as much as you will love it's sound.

All of this makes me really, really want my 8.A's... I'm really getting tired of my UE700's. At their best they aren't even remotely close to what my 4.A's were capable of at it's worst and my 8.A's will be better in every way!
post #5038 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardgedee View Post


The silicone impressions blocked a remarkable amount of sound but I was still able to hear things.

I have some silicone-tipped custom IEMs -- no they do not block everything.


Well for me I could not hear her talking to me lol. She had to wave her hand in front of me to know she was talking lol.

post #5039 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougofTheAbaci View Post


They may not be as bad as you think. Maybe it’s not what you expected, but maybe it’s still something nice? I know as a designer if something I try to create doesn’t come out exactly as I had envisioned my first reaction is that it’s crap, I failed, it’s horrible, what have I done… and so on. Then I show it to someone else to try and figure out where I went wrong and sometimes they show me but sometimes they tell me I’m mad and it looks great.

If nothing else, maybe some of us can give you some suggestions on how to salvage your CIEMs without starting over from scratch. What did you do for design? I know you said you are going to try to send pictures, but what options did you choose?


Well to be honest Dougo I was even critiquing some of the imperfections on my unit. At least from the pics I was a little disappointed in certain things (defects). But as you said maybe it's just the picture and maybe it will look all the more better in real life. I tend to be extremely picky myself on detail and perfection. But then again I'm also comparing my unit to the one in the Wizards avatar (which IMO looks flawless in comparison).

 

 


Edited by lee730 - 2/5/13 at 6:23pm
post #5040 of 7980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

I'm yet to see a disgruntled Heir customer... Considering that Head-Fi is mostly a bunch of whiney bastards screaming their lungs out from atop a mountain of entitlement, that's quite a feat!

Well for one thing, I think it's preposterous that Heir CIEMS don't come with a perfect pair of ears... 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread