Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › ZO2 Impression Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ZO2 Impression Thread - Page 62

post #916 of 1126

So I got the ZO2 Rev.3 today and been testing them with the M80's.  The volume seems to be fixed from HO and LOD.  I think this was fixed on Rev.2, not sure.  I know this one has the high gain and when I turn the volume up, the blue turns to purple, which means it's in high gain, so I assume but nothing happens.  The volume level stays the same from the highest blue point to when it turns purple.  To make sure, I tested this with the HD650 because it's the hardest to drive headphone I own.  I cannot use it with ZO2 Rev.3 but my original ZO drives the HD650 with ease.  So, I'm not sure about the high gain mode, I guess.  Overall, it sounds fantastic, with the M80's anyway with LOD and HO.  I'll have to mess around with it more and use some iem's also.  

post #917 of 1126

once you have it @ purple press up(Increase Vol) & hold it for about 3-5 seconds.  Then it will turn pink = high gain


Edited by ziocomposite - 12/20/11 at 12:35am
post #918 of 1126
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziocomposite View Post

once you have it @ purple press up(Increase Vol) & hold it for about 3-5 seconds.  Then it will turn pink = high gain


This, would be interested in hearing if it can drive HD650 then or not. If it can that would be good news. =)

 

post #919 of 1126

Right on we have more impressions I can hardly wait for another episode of As The Zo Turns. This is better then watching a movie.

popcorn.gif

post #920 of 1126
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Right on we have more impressions I can hardly wait for another episode of As The Zo Turns. This is better then watching a movie.

popcorn.gif



I'm looking forward to hearing more impressions as well as contributing them. Haven't received an email though regarding my unit being shipped to me. Did any of you receive confirmations on this?

post #921 of 1126

Now Sorry I havent been following this topic as of late,shipped back my ZO2 v1 a while back, still have not got it back.

Anyway Im assuming I will receive The ZO v3, now is this going to be good for me as primarily I will use with IEM's?

post #922 of 1126
Quote:
Originally Posted by maguire View Post

Now Sorry I havent been following this topic as of late,shipped back my ZO2 v1 a while back, still have not got it back.

Anyway Im assuming I will receive The ZO v3, now is this going to be good for me as primarily I will use with IEM's?



I think with the Rev 3 you reap the benefits for both worlds (IEMS and full size). I mainly would use this with my IEMs on the go but also at him with my open-back denons. From what I heard initially after some burn in, the ZO2 sounded really good and added dynamics to the music that you just don't get without it. But the hiss and overpowering gain really ruined it for me. But if those issues weren't there to begin with "Digizoid has a winner".

post #923 of 1126

Thanks Lee, Yes the hiss was the main reason I sent mine back. But with  that fixed im really looking forward to receiving it.

So It does not matter what size cans you use? Nice.......

post #924 of 1126
Quote:
Originally Posted by maguire View Post

Thanks Lee, Yes the hiss was the main reason I sent mine back. But with  that fixed im really looking forward to receiving it.

So It does not matter what size cans you use? Nice.......



Well at least when I used the ZO2 with my Denons it drove them very easily. More than enough power. Miss Moxie tested her product out with a full sizer and found it to drive the cans with authority (I think they were 250 ohms, quite high IMO). So you'll be using the ZO2 with your Customs from Unique melody? (I'm envious lol I can't wait to eventually get the Starkey SA-43s).


Edited by lee730 - 12/20/11 at 2:22am
post #925 of 1126

I haven't received an email confirming that mine has been shipped yet either. I got an email on the 14th saying mine would be shipped out early the following week, but it's still early in the week so I'm not too worried about delays.

 

 

post #926 of 1126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnotts View Post

I haven't received an email confirming that mine has been shipped yet either. I got an email on the 14th saying mine would be shipped out early the following week, but it's still early in the week so I'm not too worried about delays.

 

 



I'm not really worried about it either. Honestly the ZO2 was an impulse buy (kinda like the TF10s lol).

post #927 of 1126
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziocomposite View Post

once you have it @ purple press up(Increase Vol) & hold it for about 3-5 seconds.  Then it will turn pink = high gain



Thanks for letting me know.  I gave it a try and it works.  It does drive the HD650 with HO and LOD.  It gets pretty loud.  I wouldn't recommend with LOD since there's no way to adjust volume once hitting the high gain mode.  I didn't hear any distortion but it was loud.  Once going down from high gain mode, there's fuzz, static for a brief second and everything is back to normal.  From just a couple of quick listens to test out the features, I'd say so far so good.  

post #928 of 1126

Guys I sent my Zo2 V1 on the 23rd of Nov RMA#26.  Received a tracking # on the 16th of Dec & was delivered yesterday the 19th.  <3 my Zo.  I'm mostly a headphone user but the hiss that was present in the v1 is not as loud as it was previously.

 

I'm enjoying my Zo2 V3 =)

 

& your welcome sir


Edited by ziocomposite - 12/20/11 at 9:42am
post #929 of 1126

I must have been asleep when Mike posted this:

 

http://www.headfonia.com/the-smartvektor-digizoid-zo/

 

He doesnt refer to it as the 'ZO2', but the photos tell the story.

post #930 of 1126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnotts View Post

I haven't received an email confirming that mine has been shipped yet either. I got an email on the 14th saying mine would be shipped out early the following week, but it's still early in the week so I'm not too worried about delays.


When did you put your order in?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › ZO2 Impression Thread