So I got the ZO2 Rev.3 today and been testing them with the M80's. The volume seems to be fixed from HO and LOD. I think this was fixed on Rev.2, not sure. I know this one has the high gain and when I turn the volume up, the blue turns to purple, which means it's in high gain, so I assume but nothing happens. The volume level stays the same from the highest blue point to when it turns purple. To make sure, I tested this with the HD650 because it's the hardest to drive headphone I own. I cannot use it with ZO2 Rev.3 but my original ZO drives the HD650 with ease. So, I'm not sure about the high gain mode, I guess. Overall, it sounds fantastic, with the M80's anyway with LOD and HO. I'll have to mess around with it more and use some iem's also.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- digiZoid ZO2.3 Impression & Discussion Thread Last post on 9/24/14 at 10:59am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp suggestions for Hifiman Re-262's? Last post on 7/2/12 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Digizoid ZO2 vs FiiO E11 or 7 for ATH M50 Last post on 6/19/12 at 9:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fiio E17 or Z02? Last post on 6/2/12 at 7:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Help with Double-Amping: Fiio E7 paired with Digizoid ZO2 Last post on 6/18/12 at 8:27pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
ZO2 Impression Thread - Page 62post #916 of 112612/19/11 at 10:25pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #917 of 112612/20/11 at 12:32ampost #918 of 112612/20/11 at 1:08amQuote:
This, would be interested in hearing if it can drive HD650 then or not. If it can that would be good news. =)post #919 of 112612/20/11 at 1:25ampost #920 of 112612/20/11 at 1:59amQuote:
I'm looking forward to hearing more impressions as well as contributing them. Haven't received an email though regarding my unit being shipped to me. Did any of you receive confirmations on this?post #921 of 112612/20/11 at 1:59am
Now Sorry I havent been following this topic as of late,shipped back my ZO2 v1 a while back, still have not got it back.
Anyway Im assuming I will receive The ZO v3, now is this going to be good for me as primarily I will use with IEM's?post #922 of 112612/20/11 at 2:10amQuote:
I think with the Rev 3 you reap the benefits for both worlds (IEMS and full size). I mainly would use this with my IEMs on the go but also at him with my open-back denons. From what I heard initially after some burn in, the ZO2 sounded really good and added dynamics to the music that you just don't get without it. But the hiss and overpowering gain really ruined it for me. But if those issues weren't there to begin with "Digizoid has a winner".post #923 of 112612/20/11 at 2:15ampost #924 of 112612/20/11 at 2:19amQuote:
Well at least when I used the ZO2 with my Denons it drove them very easily. More than enough power. Miss Moxie tested her product out with a full sizer and found it to drive the cans with authority (I think they were 250 ohms, quite high IMO). So you'll be using the ZO2 with your Customs from Unique melody? (I'm envious lol I can't wait to eventually get the Starkey SA-43s).
Edited by lee730 - 12/20/11 at 2:22ampost #925 of 112612/20/11 at 2:49am
I haven't received an email confirming that mine has been shipped yet either. I got an email on the 14th saying mine would be shipped out early the following week, but it's still early in the week so I'm not too worried about delays.post #926 of 112612/20/11 at 2:57amQuote:
I'm not really worried about it either. Honestly the ZO2 was an impulse buy (kinda like the TF10s lol).post #927 of 112612/20/11 at 9:39amQuote:
Thanks for letting me know. I gave it a try and it works. It does drive the HD650 with HO and LOD. It gets pretty loud. I wouldn't recommend with LOD since there's no way to adjust volume once hitting the high gain mode. I didn't hear any distortion but it was loud. Once going down from high gain mode, there's fuzz, static for a brief second and everything is back to normal. From just a couple of quick listens to test out the features, I'd say so far so good.post #928 of 112612/20/11 at 9:41am
Guys I sent my Zo2 V1 on the 23rd of Nov RMA#26. Received a tracking # on the 16th of Dec & was delivered yesterday the 19th. <3 my Zo. I'm mostly a headphone user but the hiss that was present in the v1 is not as loud as it was previously.
I'm enjoying my Zo2 V3 =)
& your welcome sir
Edited by ziocomposite - 12/20/11 at 9:42ampost #929 of 112612/20/11 at 5:57pm
I must have been asleep when Mike posted this:
He doesnt refer to it as the 'ZO2', but the photos tell the story.post #930 of 112612/20/11 at 6:45pmQuote:
When did you put your order in?
- ZO2 Impression Thread
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › New Member Introductions thread 3 seconds ago
- › Rock Jaw Audio Looking for Pre-Production Testers for Future Products 7 seconds ago
- › CES 2017: MQA announces TIDAL Masters, and more 28 seconds ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 52 seconds ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 3 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 4 minutes ago
- › Good, Cheap Headphone Amp For Use With Laptop 4 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Studio Wanted 4 minutes ago
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear