New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 259

post #3871 of 4206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry88 View Post
 

Do you think the RE-400s would be more suitable over the EPH-100s for the music I listen to? Mostly classical, piano, acoustic, symphonies, vocals, and some occasional rock splashed in there?

The soundstage was perceivably larger with the EPH-100 mainly due to the presentation having more bass emphasis and thus a slightly more recessed midrange when compared directly to the RE-400, but realistically they are on par I'd say, a bit above average in size.  While I don't listen to much classical (I just have a few select baroque pieces), I think the imaging/separation is a bit better on the RE-400 and it will feel a bit less congested, so better suited for classical. I do have a good bit of modern piano, acoustic and vocal tracks and I feel the RE-400 is definitely better suited to those - they have a special way with vocals particularly (more upper mids presence perhaps, transparency in mids), enough to warrant me having a pair on hand still. :o They're both pretty versatile, but the RE-400 presentation is relatively non fatiguing and as a result could be considered more relaxed, whereas the EPH-100 is a more exciting experience and definitely better suited to rock, metal and electronic genres.  I'd say technically speaking, both are equals with different tuning and presentations, but I'd recommend the RE-400 for the genres you listen to most...and I think they're still quite decent with rock.  If after trying them you find yourself wanting a bit more warmth/bass and a bit of added lushness in the lower mids, you can't go wrong with the EPH-100 there.  I will say there is a bit more tweakability in regards to the RE-400 in that you can add additional damping material in the nozzle (essentially a low-pass filter to bring everything below 1kHz more forward) and there is a wider assortment of tips that work with them.


Edited by modulor - 5/1/14 at 9:20am
post #3872 of 4206
Quote:
Originally Posted by modulor View Post
 

The soundstage was perceivably larger with the EPH-100 mainly due to the presentation having more bass emphasis and thus a slightly more recessed midrange when compared directly to the RE-400, but realistically they are on par I'd say, a bit above average in size.  While I don't listen to much classical (I just have a few select baroque pieces), I think the imaging/separation is a bit better on the RE-400 and it will feel a bit less congested, so better suited for classical. I do have a good bit of modern piano, acoustic and vocal tracks and I feel the RE-400 is definitely better suited to those - they have a special way with vocals particularly (more upper mids presence perhaps, transparency in mids), enough to warrant me having a pair on hand still. :o They're both pretty versatile, but the RE-400 presentation is relatively non fatiguing and as a result could be considered more relaxed, whereas the EPH-100 is a more exciting experience and definitely better suited to rock, metal and electronic genres.  I'd say technically speaking, both are equals with different tuning and presentations, but I'd recommend the RE-400 for the genres you listen to most...and I think they're still quite decent with rock.  If after trying them you find yourself wanting a bit more warmth/bass and a bit of added lushness in the lower mids, you can't go wrong with the EPH-100 there.  I will say there is a bit more tweakability in regards to the RE-400 in that you can add additional damping material in the nozzle (essentially a low-pass filter to bring everything below 1kHz more forward) and there is a wider assortment of tips that work with them.

I listened to both and I concur with @modulor. The RE-400 will be better suited for your listening tastes. It's more neutral. Extends well on the deep end, but it's not as emphasized as the EPH-100. I personally ended up picking the EPH-100, as I already have a full-size headphone that's more versatile, so wanted a more 'fun' sounding IEM. The RE-400 has beautiful mids and highs, and plenty of bass though, and when listening to classical/vocals/piano they'll really shine.

post #3873 of 4206

Has anyone damaged the drivers? I just got a pair and while listening to this song:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuOpXHunq6U

 

I noticed there is a ton of vibrations. I'm not sure if its just these IEMs picking up all this bass or what. I just can't imagine this is good in the long term. 

post #3874 of 4206

I was wondering,is it still worth to get this iem since its already discontinued. Some other guys recommand me fostex te 05. Anyway, is this consider http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Yamaha-EPH100-EPH-100-Headphone-in-ear-Earphones-/321388043940?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item4ad4385ea4 genuine? As for warranty is ebay reliable? Or should I just order from my country headphone reseller store? Which they claim that they can order for me but its from china. They claim that is genuine if is not,I can ask for a refund. Which one should i order from,the ebay one cost cheaper which is 110 usd. While the local store selling me at 129 usd but with 1 year warranty.

post #3875 of 4206
Quote:
Originally Posted by 118R3volution View Post

Yeah I'm afraid your right. I listen to a lot of music that is bass dependant, such as Chillstep, lounge, some dubstep, hip hop and then a little bit of everything in between. I shouldn't be judging them until I get the new tips on them and at least 40 hours of play time. I really don't feel i'm getting a good enough seal.

I wonder if I should try the GR07 BE or some other headphone that has great bass. 

I really really want to try the XBA-40... but they are expensive and source dependant. I don't amp, just play from my iPhone and MacBook. I don't know how much I will like their warm, thick sound signature, but heard they have phenomenal bass and clarity. 
post #3876 of 4206
My best in ears on my Iphone 5s are without doubt the Sennheiser IE80, but this is another price class, the Yamaha's I have too are good but no competetion, my advice for you is to try the Grado IGI who come a bit cheaper than the Yamaha's and unfortunately the looks too but they are pretty exciting sounding IEM's on the I phone also for classical music and voices.
post #3877 of 4206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaleshark12 View Post

I was wondering,is it still worth to get this iem since its already discontinued. Some other guys recommand me fostex te 05. Anyway, is this consider http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Yamaha-EPH100-EPH-100-Headphone-in-ear-Earphones-/321388043940?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item4ad4385ea4 genuine? As for warranty is ebay reliable? Or should I just order from my country headphone reseller store? Which they claim that they can order for me but its from china. They claim that is genuine if is not,I can ask for a refund. Which one should i order from,the ebay one cost cheaper which is 110 usd. While the local store selling me at 129 usd but with 1 year warranty.

The limited seller experience is a concern. I wouldn't use that source if I were you.
post #3878 of 4206

Better spend a bit more from an official dealer, I wouldn´t trust Ebay, the savings you made could be very expensive afterwards when the in ears are fake, Audio Affair in the UK are pretty good and honest, I did buy mine with them, because 2 years ago the EPH-100 was not avaiable in Germany.

post #3879 of 4206
Quote:

Originally Posted by phara0hseye View Post





The limited seller experience is a concern. I wouldn't use that source if I were you.



 



 



Quote:

Originally Posted by willyvlyminck View Post

 

Better spend a bit more from an official dealer, I wouldn´t trust Ebay, the savings you made could be very expensive afterwards when the in ears are fake, Audio Affair in the UK are pretty good and honest, I did buy mine with them, because 2 years ago the EPH-100 was not avaiable in Germany.





Hmm,Guess i go with the local reseller smily_headphones1.gif Thx for the feed back guys =D Importing from UK to my country would cost me a bomb and Shipping it back would be expensive too. What i worried the most would be facing the right ear iem cut off problem. Anyone's eph 100 last more than a year? :/


Edited by Whaleshark12 - 5/12/14 at 11:24am
post #3880 of 4206

Just receive my eph100 today =D Just wanna ask you guys, How long should i burn in this baby? The bass is well controlled out of the box. Not sure is it just me or what, the aluminium edge kinda sharp. Is it ok if i burn in using my phone as media player? What volume should i put? Is it ok to put at 7/14? Pardon me,i'm just too excited about this IEM. Waited 1 week for it to reach my house XD

post #3881 of 4206

Yea them edges are pretty sharp but generally it didn't really affect me when using them. Just don't sleep on your side cos it hurt my ears on numerous occasion when i woke up ;) Hope you enjoy them cos they are a great pair ^^ a little sad i dont have mine anymore T^T

post #3882 of 4206
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangwang View Post
 

Yea them edges are pretty sharp but generally it didn't really affect me when using them. Just don't sleep on your side cos it hurt my ears on numerous occasion when i woke up ;) Hope you enjoy them cos they are a great pair ^^ a little sad i dont have mine anymore T^T

Thx for the advice man =D Dam cant wait for it to burn in..

post #3883 of 4206

 I wonder if Yamaha will ever come with a successor to this already  good IEMs?

post #3884 of 4206
Quote:
Originally Posted by XGUGU View Post
 

 I wonder if Yamaha will ever come with a successor to this already  good IEMs?

Same here. Will definitely be looking forward to the new successor if so

post #3885 of 4206

If there is ever a successor then it will probably be awesome provided Yamaha learn from their mistakes on the EPH100 and fix the reliability, and the damn memory effect on the cable(it's really been annoying me these past few days).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: