Hi, I need a wireless for movie only. Is the RS220 a lot better than RS180 in watching movie? Would like to know if this is worth it.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/7/11
- productSennheiser RS170 Digital Wireless Headphone Systemtagged by System, 10/19/11
- productSennheiser RS 180 Wireless headphones with docking stationtagged by System, 10/10/11
- productSennheiser RS 220tagged by System, 10/7/11
- categoryWirelesstagged by System, 10/7/11
Related Forum Threads
- is HDR 170 have compatibility with RS 180 transmitter? Last post on 5/29/12 at 2:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- 5.1 Surround Sound Headphones? Help! Last post on 8/28/11 at 11:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SR 170/180 Headphone & Denon AMP Last post on 6/5/11 at 5:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- What should I select Last post on 4/6/11 at 7:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendation for wireless headphone Last post on 4/2/11 at 12:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
Last edited: 11/30/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
Sennheiser RS220 Availability? - Page 30post #436 of 4869/8/13 at 9:49am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #437 of 4869/9/13 at 9:56amQuote:
I use the RS180 most days, I have not used the RS220, but I've read the whole thread.
The RS220 has roughly the same improvement in sound quality over the RS180, that the HD600 has over the HD558.
When using the RS180, at no point do I find myself wishing for better sound quality, although if I compared the two models, I'm sure I would hear a difference.
The RS180 is known to be one of the best headphones in terms of even balance across the spectrum, i.e. bass-midrange-treble. I'm sure it would be just fine for movies, and the RS220 would sound a little better yet.
The thread describes some issues with "dropouts" with the RS220, those issues are not present in the RS180.
Note that BOTH are "open back", i.e. other people in the room can clearly hear your music/movie, and you can hear other sounds in the room.post #438 of 4869/9/13 at 9:24pmpost #439 of 4869/10/13 at 12:15ampost #440 of 4869/10/13 at 1:31am
I have physically tried the Sennheiser RS 170 (closed) and RS 220 for fit. The ear depth in the RS 170 is a bit shallow. My ear(s) touched the driver plate. The RS 220 was fine in this respect. I don't know how physically similar the RS 170 and RS 180 are. It would be nice if someone can comment on this.
I have close fitting, not protruding ears. Hence my (right) antihelix is the first (body) part that touches a headphone's driver plate if this problem occurs with a given headphone.post #441 of 48610/1/13 at 7:56am
I tried again RS180, RS220 and HD800 for movie. RS180 for movie is ok but music..less interesting unless you are not demanding.
RS220 overall is very good at both movie and music, presentation quite similar to HD800. HD800 really need better equipment to let it shine.
I have no chance to try Sony wireless DS7500 nor upcoming HW750. Not sure if Sony surround effect or 7.1/9/1 effect really worth the try or just RS220 2 channel will do a better job in movie.
Dont see much hype or love for RS220 here also ...
Edited by ztsen - 10/1/13 at 7:58ampost #442 of 48610/1/13 at 11:49am
A couple of us have written about Sennheiser RS 220 in the thread "Sennheiser trådløse hodetelefoner" (Google Translate: "Sennheiser wireless headphones") in the headphone section of the Norwegian forum Hifisentralen. The RS 220 starts at post #3. There's some references to this thread in addition to our own work.post #443 of 48610/1/13 at 4:20pm
The RS180 is somewhat sensitive to setup. For example, I think it sounds better with the Attenuator switch down (i.e. -6db), and in fact, some reviewers and I have both noticed that most amps sound better on lower gain.
Then you have to have the right level of output from your source equipment. And you have to have a good quality of cable, and a good quality DAC.
The RS180 will work fine with any setup, but it will only have an audiophile level of sound quality with the right setup.
And, of course, the system is a compromise that will never rise to the level of a fine wired system.post #444 of 48612/5/13 at 11:30am
Owner of RRS220 here, I had the interference / micro drop out issue as well... and like most people i have went through this entire thread... i have had the transmitter unit right next to me and it does nothing to help with the drop out...
after going through this thread... i changed my router to CH11 for 2.4GHz... that did not help
next i put my transmitter on the other side of the room... not sure what makes it, but it's literally 4 feet further (and further away from router) now i have zero drops... and it's working perfectly now... i still have the CH11 going..
Just to say those with drop outs, don't give up... keep trying!! it is a good pair of cans, it is just that when they use uncompressed signal it does mean a lot other stuff can interfere with it. i am now a happy camper!!!post #445 of 48612/24/13 at 1:29pm
I wonder if there is another area for this ... I am on my
second set of Sennheiser RS 220s with the same
unfortunate problem: in the first, one of the battery compartments
broke. The tiny, little tab holding the compartment closed came
apart, so I returned them for a new set. The SAME THING
just happened with the second set. I would gladly exchange
these things perhaps for a digital pair of Sennheisers of
a lower order and price that
didn't have this issue. This looks like a design fault. The
battery was inserted properly. I just wish Sennheiser had
designed these phones without that tiny tab holding
the compartment closed...I LOVE these phones except
for this bugaboo. And I can't use them very well without
batteries! Is there any way of holding the batteries in
the compartment without getting a new set??!!
I assume a piece of duct tape won't work...post #446 of 48612/26/13 at 4:50pm
So it has been quite a bit and my RS220's are still amazing! Yes they take too long to charge, so I bought an external charger and a few sets of Eneloop AAA. My wife and I love these things. Mainly listen to music and the occasional movie. Whatever demons were plaguing mine before no longer exist. Could be I moved to a new condo with only 9 foot ceilings (my previous ceilings were 15+)
I liked them so much we both have a pair.
I hope everyone is having as good an experience we are. I agree that these things are too pricey for anything but, although price has gone down significantly since I got them. I would do it all over again. the sound stage is amazing on these cans.
Happy Holidays to all
Edited by Ricanbandit - 12/26/13 at 4:51pmpost #447 of 4862/5/14 at 5:00pmpost #448 of 4862/6/14 at 12:40amQuote:
- The distance between you and your neighbour (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi#Range)
- Possible obstructions between you and your neighbour. For example reinforced concrete walls dampens wireless/radio signals more than wooden walls.
- I believe Sennheiser RS 220 and a lot of other wireless devices use 2.4 GHz. Hence 5 GHz Wi-Fi shouldn't interfere
- Within 2.4 GHz, channel choice will affect interference. If you (ie. RS 220) and your neighbour (ie. Wi-Fi) use the same or partly overlapping channels, there's a risk of interference (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi#Interference)
The people living on Elliðaey near Vestmannaeyjar off the south coast of Iceland won't have these problems.
Edited by CDWMcInSpots - 2/6/14 at 12:45ampost #449 of 4862/6/14 at 3:57pm
On the previous page someone said the headphones worked better with Eneloop batteries.
Can the docks recharging station work with other batteries (i.e. Eneloop) or does it only recharge the stock batteries?post #450 of 4862/7/14 at 4:56am
I've had the RS 220 for roundabout 6 months now; yes, the dock works with other rechargeable batteries fine.
couldnt really comment whether Eneloops provide better performance as theres no way to test it reliably.
- Sennheiser RS220 Availability?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 16 seconds ago
- › COMING SOON: Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth,... 56 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 1 minute ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 3 minutes ago
- › Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 5 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear