I think you need to contact Sennheiser in that case.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/7/11
- productSennheiser RS170 Digital Wireless Headphone Systemtagged by System, 10/19/11
- productSennheiser RS 180 Wireless headphones with docking stationtagged by System, 10/11/11
- productSennheiser RS 220tagged by System, 10/7/11
- productSennheiser RS 220 Headphonetagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryWirelesstagged by System, 10/7/11
Related Forum Threads
- is HDR 170 have compatibility with RS 180 transmitter? Last post on 5/29/12 at 2:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- 5.1 Surround Sound Headphones? Help! Last post on 8/28/11 at 11:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SR 170/180 Headphone & Denon AMP Last post on 6/5/11 at 5:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- What should I select Last post on 4/6/11 at 7:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendation for wireless headphone Last post on 4/2/11 at 12:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)
Last edited: 9/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Wireless)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Related Head Gear
This is the veteran ex-flagship model from FitEar／須山補聴器 before the Mitsuharu Harada series (MH335DW) was released recently. The C435 is a 4 way crossover configuration, 5 drivers (2 highs, 2 mids 1...
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
Sennheiser RS220 Availability? - Page 29post #421 of 4445/25/13 at 8:35am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #422 of 4445/25/13 at 8:44am
I replaced my batteries with Eneloop XX 950mAh AAAs and my RS 220 is now working as well (maybe better) than when it was new. In retrospect, I think that my complaints about the batteries was not a fair criticism of the RS 220. However, Sennheiser could do a better job explaining/setting expectations on battery life. I think that battery issues may be the source of many RS 220 complaints. Going forward, I'll be replacing my batteries as soon as I notice more dropouts or less charge time. If the enlopes behave like the stock batteries, I expect this to be in around eight to ten months.post #423 of 4445/30/13 at 12:11pm
Hello, I am wondering if anyone in this thread still has and uses the RS 220? Is it better now or still an awful product? I wanted one but after reading all the posts I have second thoughts. I am hoping people that may still have the RS 220 can let us know how they are after a years time.
Thanks, Rickpost #424 of 4446/2/13 at 6:46am
A year after buying them, I still have my RS220s. I've been fortunate not to have the micro drop-out issue. I use my pair mainly for gaming, and I enjoy them. The walls in my apartment are too thick to be able to use them when walking around to multiple rooms, but if/when I move, they'll probably get more head time.
They get a bit warm, but they're really comfortable in general. They're also not the most detailed headphones you can get at their price, but of course you're paying for the convenience of having wireless cans (and not needing an external amp).post #425 of 4447/28/13 at 9:40am
hi sorry to bump this up...it has been many years, we are finally in the situation of needing two pairs of wireless headphones to replace the hometheatre because our newborn baby.
i have been looking into RS220 and RS180...I can get two pairs of RS220 for really good deal (close to RS180), but I live in a high rise condo there are tons of wireless around me.
And theres no return policy from where I am buying. Just wondering if its safer to go for RS180 instead?
they are mainly for watching movies.post #426 of 4447/28/13 at 9:43ampost #427 of 4447/28/13 at 9:47am
Thanks Ultrainferno, I was originally going for the RS180.. but seem like this deal is too good to pass. Having two transmitter means I can have one for PC. And pairing them with HT use at any time...
Just wondering if anyone familiar with Sennheisier support in Canada... just in case if **** happens I can still return them to Sennheisier Canada and get two pairs of RS180 instead maybe?post #428 of 4447/28/13 at 9:58am
I am wondering if you can change channels in RS220. likesomeone said switch wifi channel to "11"
here is the avaible wifi network arounds me
i am not sure if this information means anything?
We are thinking of buying two pairs either RS220 (on sale) or RS180 today. Thanks!post #429 of 4447/28/13 at 7:28pmpost #430 of 4447/28/13 at 11:47pmpost #431 of 4447/29/13 at 9:31am
Just as a data point, I've been using my factory-refurb RS-180s for IIRC over a year now, an hour or two most days, with no problems whatsoever. When using them, I never notice any deficiencies in the sound (even though I could find some with a A/B comparison to the flagship wired headphones I use when I am only listening to music and nothing else).
In regards to the RS-220, I've read the whole thread over time, and I have not read anything that could not be explained due to:
* Interference from other WiFi devices (note the post where the dropouts went away when he changed his router to Channel 11).
* Batteries slightly low (There is a major satellite TV company whose Phone Reps screens have "Did you change the batteries in your remote" on the top of every screen for every problem.) (Note that the RS-180 and 220 batteries are not expensive and easily changed.)
BTW, the sound quality difference between the 180 and 220 should be the same difference as between HD-598 and HD-600 respectively.
Edited by kstuart - 7/29/13 at 9:34ampost #432 of 4448/5/13 at 7:01am
Ive been looking around for good quality wireless headphones and have read most of this thread. I am looking at both the RS 220 and RS 180. I was wondering if anyone knew the cupsize of either of these models? I have fairly large ears and have had trouble with almost all headphones I have used due to my ears not fitting in them properly. I have read that the RS 220 is bigger but am worried about the dropouts as I don't really have any options for returning then where I am from so I want to try and work out if either of the pairs will fit my ears properly.
Thankspost #433 of 4448/5/13 at 9:43am
Edited by kstuart - 8/5/13 at 9:46ampost #434 of 4448/5/13 at 7:50pm
Hmm that seems a little small for me. If ears are too big Is it possible for the ears to wiggle inside and fit underneath the cup sort of like the Bose Quiet Comfort 15? Or would they just have to sit on top of the cups?
Thankspost #435 of 4448/6/13 at 3:57pm
I am not familiar with those Bose. The pad is not rigid, it has some give, and so it might stretch a little and thus the pad would on and against the ear, in the same as a sock or a glove is on a hand or foot, rather than around the ear.
But that would depend on the exact shape and size of the ear, I cannot predict anything in advance.
You might want to buy from a place that takes returns, like Headroom or Amazon.
- Sennheiser RS220 Availability?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless Headphones)
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 28 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 39 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 52 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 1 minute ago
- › Best office headphones 1 minute ago
- › Student looking for best nose isolation headphones for <£30 (please... 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › Yulong a100 and apogee duet 4 minutes ago
- › Looking to upgrade my audio setup. 4 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by TheLastDevil
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi