I think you need to contact Sennheiser in that case.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/7/11
- productSennheiser RS170 Digital Wireless Headphone Systemtagged by System, 10/19/11
- productSennheiser RS 180 Wireless headphones with docking stationtagged by System, 10/10/11
- productSennheiser RS 220tagged by System, 10/7/11
- categoryWirelesstagged by System, 10/7/11
Related Forum Threads
- is HDR 170 have compatibility with RS 180 transmitter? Last post on 5/29/12 at 2:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- 5.1 Surround Sound Headphones? Help! Last post on 8/28/11 at 11:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SR 170/180 Headphone & Denon AMP Last post on 6/5/11 at 5:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- What should I select Last post on 4/6/11 at 7:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendation for wireless headphone Last post on 4/2/11 at 12:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)
Last edited: 1/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
Sennheiser RS220 Availability? - Page 29post #421 of 4865/25/13 at 8:35am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #422 of 4865/25/13 at 8:44am
I replaced my batteries with Eneloop XX 950mAh AAAs and my RS 220 is now working as well (maybe better) than when it was new. In retrospect, I think that my complaints about the batteries was not a fair criticism of the RS 220. However, Sennheiser could do a better job explaining/setting expectations on battery life. I think that battery issues may be the source of many RS 220 complaints. Going forward, I'll be replacing my batteries as soon as I notice more dropouts or less charge time. If the enlopes behave like the stock batteries, I expect this to be in around eight to ten months.post #423 of 4865/30/13 at 12:11pm
Hello, I am wondering if anyone in this thread still has and uses the RS 220? Is it better now or still an awful product? I wanted one but after reading all the posts I have second thoughts. I am hoping people that may still have the RS 220 can let us know how they are after a years time.
Thanks, Rickpost #424 of 4866/2/13 at 6:46am
A year after buying them, I still have my RS220s. I've been fortunate not to have the micro drop-out issue. I use my pair mainly for gaming, and I enjoy them. The walls in my apartment are too thick to be able to use them when walking around to multiple rooms, but if/when I move, they'll probably get more head time.
They get a bit warm, but they're really comfortable in general. They're also not the most detailed headphones you can get at their price, but of course you're paying for the convenience of having wireless cans (and not needing an external amp).post #425 of 4867/28/13 at 9:40am
hi sorry to bump this up...it has been many years, we are finally in the situation of needing two pairs of wireless headphones to replace the hometheatre because our newborn baby.
i have been looking into RS220 and RS180...I can get two pairs of RS220 for really good deal (close to RS180), but I live in a high rise condo there are tons of wireless around me.
And theres no return policy from where I am buying. Just wondering if its safer to go for RS180 instead?
they are mainly for watching movies.post #426 of 4867/28/13 at 9:43am
In case of movie watching and network reliability I would choose the 180s. For music listening, the 220 is better however (If you can get it to work 100% all the time)post #427 of 4867/28/13 at 9:47am
Thanks Ultrainferno, I was originally going for the RS180.. but seem like this deal is too good to pass. Having two transmitter means I can have one for PC. And pairing them with HT use at any time...
Just wondering if anyone familiar with Sennheisier support in Canada... just in case if **** happens I can still return them to Sennheisier Canada and get two pairs of RS180 instead maybe?post #428 of 4867/28/13 at 9:58am
I am wondering if you can change channels in RS220. likesomeone said switch wifi channel to "11"
here is the avaible wifi network arounds me
i am not sure if this information means anything?
We are thinking of buying two pairs either RS220 (on sale) or RS180 today. Thanks!post #429 of 4867/28/13 at 7:28pmpost #430 of 4867/28/13 at 11:47pm
I sold both the 180 and 220 as I didn't need them anymore but I never had a problem with the connectivity on the 220 and I do think it's the best of both by far. Good choice. enjoy!post #431 of 4867/29/13 at 9:31am
Just as a data point, I've been using my factory-refurb RS-180s for IIRC over a year now, an hour or two most days, with no problems whatsoever. When using them, I never notice any deficiencies in the sound (even though I could find some with a A/B comparison to the flagship wired headphones I use when I am only listening to music and nothing else).
In regards to the RS-220, I've read the whole thread over time, and I have not read anything that could not be explained due to:
* Interference from other WiFi devices (note the post where the dropouts went away when he changed his router to Channel 11).
* Batteries slightly low (There is a major satellite TV company whose Phone Reps screens have "Did you change the batteries in your remote" on the top of every screen for every problem.) (Note that the RS-180 and 220 batteries are not expensive and easily changed.)
BTW, the sound quality difference between the 180 and 220 should be the same difference as between HD-598 and HD-600 respectively.
Edited by kstuart - 7/29/13 at 9:34ampost #432 of 4868/5/13 at 7:01am
Ive been looking around for good quality wireless headphones and have read most of this thread. I am looking at both the RS 220 and RS 180. I was wondering if anyone knew the cupsize of either of these models? I have fairly large ears and have had trouble with almost all headphones I have used due to my ears not fitting in them properly. I have read that the RS 220 is bigger but am worried about the dropouts as I don't really have any options for returning then where I am from so I want to try and work out if either of the pairs will fit my ears properly.
Thankspost #433 of 4868/5/13 at 9:43am
Edited by kstuart - 8/5/13 at 9:46ampost #434 of 4868/5/13 at 7:50pm
Hmm that seems a little small for me. If ears are too big Is it possible for the ears to wiggle inside and fit underneath the cup sort of like the Bose Quiet Comfort 15? Or would they just have to sit on top of the cups?
Thankspost #435 of 4868/6/13 at 3:57pm
I am not familiar with those Bose. The pad is not rigid, it has some give, and so it might stretch a little and thus the pad would on and against the ear, in the same as a sock or a glove is on a hand or foot, rather than around the ear.
But that would depend on the exact shape and size of the ear, I cannot predict anything in advance.
You might want to buy from a place that takes returns, like Headroom or Amazon.
- Sennheiser RS220 Availability?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 1 minute ago
- › iPhone 7 Will Revolutionize Portable Audio for the First Time in a... 1 minute ago
- › Prog rock 5 minutes ago
- › The Super Dolphin 6BA - Not just an aquatic mammal 6 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 7 minutes ago
- › Yahamaha Pro 500 headphone 8 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 10 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Best android music player app? 13 minutes ago
- › Want to Control Speakers/Sub and Headphones Through Separate Volume... 13 minutes ago
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...