Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser RS220 Availability?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser RS220 Availability? - Page 10

post #136 of 457

Anybody interested in buying these headphone should try lookat.com thanks for the link mcnoiserdc.

 


Edited by d3fun - 2/3/12 at 1:45am
post #137 of 457

The RS220s are officially being sold on amazon.com by/through amazon not a third party.. price is at $599,  maybe it will go down after a while..

 

Edit: scratch that... "currently out of stock"


Edited by Ahzari - 2/3/12 at 3:41am
post #138 of 457

Price on lookat.com has been rising as well. Last week it was 306€, on monday it was 328€, middle of the week 349€ and now it is 399€. triportsad.gif

post #139 of 457

Hi there,

  I just received my RS-220's yesterday, charged them, and did a quick listen this morning.  My initial impression is that they sound quite full in the mid range, have ample bass, tight not flabby,

and the treble is clear but slightly laid back... not bright or harsh.  I listened to a little music (Holly Cole),  a little movie ( Star Trek), and a little TV (HBO).  All worked well.  I bought these for my bedroom system which has no receiver or surround sound set up ( though I do have a sub hooked up to my Pioneer Pro 111FD).  I hooked up the 220"s via analog RCA's direct to the TV for movies and TV viewing,  and the coaxial connection direct to the Blu ray/CD player direct for music.  I will post further impressions as I gather more hours on them.

I listen to Stax headphones on my primary music system so I am used to electorstatics  driven by their own tube amp.  A different sound to be sure.

  So far I haven't heard the hum that you mentioned, but will keep an ear out for it ( now that you mentioned it,  I will probably start hearing phantom hums).  The manual states that they should be kept away from metal.  Maybe check that out.

 

 

post #140 of 457

Ya got it for $338 last week and since I live in states its a great price. Can anybody tell me how long it took to charge them. I've them on for almost 12 hours straight and red led doesn't go away.

 


Edited by d3fun - 2/3/12 at 11:22am
post #141 of 457


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3fun View Post

Ya got it for $338 last week and since I live in states its a great price. Can anybody tell me how long it took to charge them. I've them on for almost 12 hours straight and red led doesn't go away.

 



I charged it for 16 hours as recommended, and the light hadn't gone off, but I figured it was OK to use it at that point.  On subsequent charges, the light does go off after a while. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head Dragon View Post

Hi there,

  I just received my RS-220's yesterday, charged them, and did a quick listen this morning.  My initial impression is that they sound quite full in the mid range, have ample bass, tight not flabby,

and the treble is clear but slightly laid back... not bright or harsh. 

 

 

Good, our initial listening impressions seem to be consistent, then.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Dragon View Post


...

  So far I haven't heard the hum that you mentioned, but will keep an ear out for it ( now that you mentioned it,  I will probably start hearing phantom hums).  The manual states that they should be kept away from metal.  Maybe check that out.

 

 


Thanks, will try that.  I don't think it's near metal, but I should be trying different transmitter locations anyway.

 

 


Edited by otinkyad - 2/3/12 at 3:06pm
post #142 of 457

Thanks otinkyad. Does anybody connected it to a laptop or a phone . I am having trouble pairing the transmitter and the headphones.

Its loosing connection often and led flashes

post #143 of 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3fun View Post

Thanks otinkyad. Does anybody connected it to a laptop or a phone . I am having trouble pairing the transmitter and the headphones.

Its loosing connection often and led flashes



I'm using it with a laptop.  I've used it both with connection from laptop headphones out --> transmitter analog rca in, and with laptop usb port --> usb dac --> transmitter analog rca in.  In either case, in my experience the source volume need to be set fairly high so that the transmitter gets a strong enough signal -- if it doesn't, it can lose connection with headphones.  Maybe try a higher volume setting on the computer?

 

The other way it will lose connection is if the headphone gets out of range of the transmitter.  I'm finding the range to be good as long as I'm on the same floor as the transmitter, but the connection starts to cut out as soon as I start down the stairs to the kitchen to get a glass of water.  My RS-120 have much better range.  (In my home layout, at least.  YMMV).

post #144 of 457

I haven't had a chance to listen much further but wanted to comment on the charging system.  I initially charged them for 17 hours and the light went off.  After I used them for about 1 hour I put them back on the transmitter to charge and the light has stayed on since.

Weird.  I wonder if it's a problem with the batteries or with the charging system itself?  I used them briefly last night for about 30 minutes.  The light is still on this morning.  I'll check it out later today but I think there may be some of malfunction.

post #145 of 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3fun View Post

Anybody interested in buying these headphone should try lookat.com thanks for the link mcnoiserdc.

 



Is lookat.com an authorized Sennheiser retailer?  No doubt the price is very attractive once VAT is excluded, even with overseas shipping.

post #146 of 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head Dragon View Post

I haven't had a chance to listen much further but wanted to comment on the charging system.  I initially charged them for 17 hours and the light went off.  After I used them for about 1 hour I put them back on the transmitter to charge and the light has stayed on since.

Weird.  I wonder if it's a problem with the batteries or with the charging system itself?  I used them briefly last night for about 30 minutes.  The light is still on this morning.  I'll check it out later today but I think there may be some of malfunction.



I've had the same experience and have been staring down the damn red light on the transmitter since the beginning.  I didn't charge them continuously for 16 hours like the instructions say, but keep putting in regular AAAs to hear what the headphones sound like, so maybe that has something to do with it.  It seemed like it took much longer than 16 hours for the initial charge in total.   Once fully charged it would seem logical that, if it takes 16 hours charge time for 8 hours listening, then if you listen for one hour it should take about two hours to fully charge again. I don't have a a clue about rechargeable battery technology, so maybe I'm being naive. But the red light almost never goes off.   It hasn't been a problem yet so I'm hoping that the batteries are fully charged even when the red light is on.

post #147 of 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3fun View Post

Ya got it for $338 last week and since I live in states its a great price.

 



Where did you get those?  The price wasn't that low on lookat.com when I checked just now.

post #148 of 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiacomoHoldini View Post



Where did you get those?  The price wasn't that low on lookat.com when I checked just now.



price went up...

post #149 of 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahzari View Post



price went up...



Bummer.  Oh well...it's still a whole lot less than retail.

post #150 of 457

16 hours since I listened last night and the red light is still going strong... I'm beginning to  obsess about it.  I charged it for over 17 hours initially as instructed,  before the  light went out.           Since then its never gone out.  I'm hoping it is actually charged anyway but there is no way to tell until I listen tonight.  Maybe I'll let the batteries drain out completely and try charging it again?

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser RS220 Availability?