Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › Skullcandy Aviator Dampening
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skullcandy Aviator Dampening - Page 3

post #31 of 45

I decided to do one myself... putty around the edge, and I cut up some small thin felt disks and stuck them on the back of the driver. Isolation is much improved, and bass just feels cleaner. I'm liking the sound of these. There's a V shape for sure, a pretty strong warm tilt, good soundstage and "airiness" to the higher end, though I think maybe something funny is happening in the treble because snares/hihats are nice and sharp but feel a little "off" somehow. 

 

Aviator damping.JPG

 

Something I just barely noticed; in the hole in the middle of the driver is a piece of foam. You can pull it out to experiment with the sound. I left it in. 


Edited by Armaegis - 11/10/11 at 9:11pm
post #32 of 45
Thread Starter 

I haven't gotten around to putting cotton balls in my earcups yet. Maybe someday. or you can do it and tell me. ;)

post #33 of 45

Maybe I'll try tomorrow. Sleepytime now... 

post #34 of 45
sorry for the bump

can anyone post up a picture of both earcups opened up (i need to see the wiring)
post #35 of 45
thx
Edited by PinkFloydQ - 4/27/14 at 6:39pm
post #36 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

 
post #37 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingupenguins View Post

post #38 of 45

My post at the top of this page has a picture with the wiring/drivers. 

post #39 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

My post at the top of this page has a picture with the wiring/drivers. 
by chance do u have picture of the left ear cup opened up.
post #40 of 45

Sorry I don't, but it's really not hard to pull the cup off and take a look yourself.

post #41 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

Sorry I don't, but it's really not hard to pull the cup off and take a look yourself.
LOL yea thts the problem.....

I was rewiring my headphones late at night when suddenly I lost my patience and yanked the cable from the driver, really stupid of me.

I'm sure I won't really have trouble rewiring later on when I have time. But if I were able to see a diagram of the stock wiring or picture it would save me some time.

Do you still own these headphones? Thx
post #42 of 45

No, I don't have them anymore. Are you just trying to figure out which wire is ground? It should be the copper coloured one. You can double check with a multimeter.

post #43 of 45
Well tht sucks, THX I appreciate it.

I'll get it figured out.
post #44 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFloydQ View Post


LOL yea thts the problem.....

I was rewiring my headphones late at night when suddenly I lost my patience and yanked the cable from the driver, really stupid of me.

I'm sure I won't really have trouble rewiring later on when I have time. But if I were able to see a diagram of the stock wiring or picture it would save me some time.

Do you still own these headphones? Thx

Maybe get a ceramic soldering iron, it heats up faster...

 

Good chance you ripped the microscopic coil wire off at the same time so now its time to pickup some headphones with a broken headband that are in need of a driver transplant.

post #45 of 45
I already got it all figured out the drivers didn't get damaged. But hey Thx
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › Skullcandy Aviator Dampening