Related Forum Threads
- HM-601 NOT Updating firmware? Last post on 1/30/15 at 10:17am in Portable Source Gear
- Brand new Hifiman HM-601 Music Player 8G Last post on 10/10/11 at 2:08pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Review: HiFiMAN HM-601 vs. Hisoundaudio Studio-I Last post on 4/7/11 at 9:10am in Portable Source Gear
- HIFIMAN HM-601 Music Player, RE0 IEM and Grammy Award Winners Last post on 6/7/11 at 6:34am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- HiFiMAN Playback Order Last post on 9/26/11 at 6:29pm in Portable Source Gear
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Incipio F38 Remember the famous budget cans, the RP-HTF600? They we're great once modded, and so are these! So let's talk. This won't be a Super Detailed Review. Overall Sound: Highs...
wouldn't recommend if you're going to pay for $100 or above. Reasonable price should have been around $70. The only selling point is the open soundstage, would make a goid pair for movies or...
Just purchased these to see if the review-ratings were any close to reality. Quite a bit yeah. I thought it's good to have them with you if you want to occasionally let a friend listen with...
HM-601 and HM-602 new firmware
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I installed it and tested it, and i must say that i'm a little bit disappointed :
The EQ menu has changed, and we can't select "jazz", or rock", etc.. Anyway, it wasn't usefull. But the EQ seems now to be inoperative. Am i the only tha noticed it ?
More over, i wonder what is the "music breakpoint play" button.
In fact, i though there will be an similar UI as a sony HD-5 for example. Simple but effective. With it, we could easily navigate in artists category, then in an album, and then in the songs of this album. With the Hifiman, it's not possible, except if you navigate in the flash board or the SD card, AND if you have classified correctly what's in.
At least, i regret that if you were listening all tracks in random mode and you shut down the player, this mode is not recorded.
Apart on that, what an awesome MP3 player it is ! Thank you for that, Mr Hifiman !
P.S : sorry for my bad english..
Edited by MaitreH - 9/21/11 at 5:19am
I agree with MaitreH.
The EQ seems inoperable now. There's no 'on or off'. Just a slider and I don't know if it's perpetually on or just on if I move it away from flat.
No idea what 'Music Breakpoint Play' is/does. Would be nice to have a run through.
My biggest annoyance is with the new auto off feature. I find it mostly useless.
I don't know when I'm going to stop listening to music. I don't want my Hifiman to automatically turn off in 30 minutes or an hour, no matter if music is playing or not. It's a useless feature.
I don't mind having it, but doing away with auto off when no music is playing (or when the player isn't being used) seems crazy. It was a great feature that saved battery life if the user paused and stopped listening to music (stopped using the device).
I don't know if you've had much demand for this feature, Fang, however I would love to see a return of the auto off when no music is playing feature. The new one can stay as long as the old is accessible.
I love my Hifiman and how it sounds, and I highly appreciate that you are still updating the firmware. However, I believe you should focus more on fixing bugs related to SD Cards and music formats (much of my lossless music, flacs, apes, etc, are unplayable for no discernable reason, nothing plays and firmware lags heavily until I change to a working track).
I see the Hifiman as a no frills music player for audiophiles, so as long as the firmware works it doesn't require many features.
I think I've deduced what Music Breakpoint Play is.
It's a resume function.
As far as I can tell, when it's enabled it brings you back to song you were listening to last, at the same point in time of the track. It's really handy and a feature I'm glad is included.
However, I do think this function should be included and enabled full stop. That way I can take the setting off my main menu. If someone doesn't want to resume the track, they can just choose another. So I don't see the point of offering it as an option.
Now for some bugs and glitches to weaned out and the auto-off function fixed and we'll have a pretty decent firmware on our hands. :)
I'd love to see some of these things moved to the settings sub menu. That way you can easily access them without having to first enable them on the main menu. Seems silly to have a settings sub-menu and then not use for such ... uh, well settings.
I agree with Pudu. I think the the "resume fonction" was already operable without the Music Breakpoint fonction.
I don't really understand how it works.
According to me, lacks of this firmware are :
- it should play music when you switch the player on, without pressing any button. This fonction is on cowon's players, and it is very usefull. And considering the time that need a Hifiman to switch on, it should be more than a necessary fonction.
- find a track more easily, browsing Artist, then album, and then a track, even if you didn't classified the tracks like this in the player's memory.
- An operable EQ fonction.
- An automatic turn-off fonction with two mode ( playing music or not )
Also, i usually play my music randomly on all tracks, so i would like to :
- listen in this way when i switch on the player again ( instead of listening only the album i was listening to, before switching off )
- find a track, for example browsing the SD card ( Artists, album, and the track ), listen to it, and after the song continue listening to all tracks in randomize mode ( like a sony NW-HD5 ).
It could have several randomize mode ( on all tracks, or only the album / or Artist ).
I'm sure that the staff of hifiman is able of that.
Thanks in advance.
I received a HM-601 second hand, the previous user had updated to the latest firmware, the equalizer does not work, how do I install an older firmware?
I suggest you try the following steps:
1. Remove the SD Flash Card.
2. Reset the player, there is a tiny hole at the bottom of the player.
3. Connect to the computer again.
4. Do not remove the usb cable when you see white screen on the player as it is updating the firmware.
I hope this helps.
- HM-601 and HM-602 new firmware
- › The Mi Headphones by Xiaomi (1 New Review Feb. 25, 2015) 25 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Damping Stax phones with Sorbothane: Lambdas, SRXIII Pro, SR003,... 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 9 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT1350 (Canada) 11 minutes ago
- › Uplifting Trance reccomendations 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2