I just got this amp and have been out of the head-fi scene for a year or so. I modded the HD555 and ever since I really enjoyed modding and listening to different headphones. I had the AD700, HD555, RE-ZERO, TL-02, and a cheap Sennheiser model. The RE-ZERO's had to be my favorite because of their amazing clarity. The AD700 were very nice for gaming and comfortable. But now I have this amp and I have to say it does a great job with the cheap set of im-590's I am listening to it now with. The clarity is near RE-ZERO as Joker has said, and the bass is excellent. It's a great IEM. But, I was looking for something that would do even better with an amp for gaming and movie watching. I listen to music, but I mainly want a full size that will be great for movies. Comfort is a big plus as well. I ordered the HFI-780's because they looked nice and I always wanted an Ultrasone set. But they got backordered or something so I need another set. I was thinking of getting the RE-0 because i heard they do good with an amp. They also have the clarity I am looking for. The only bad thing is they are IEM and watching movies or gaming for long sessions they tend to hurt the inside of my ears pretty bad. So I was looking for a full size set that would go good with the amp that has great clarity and good enough bass to shake a little during explosions in gaming/movies. The IM-590 do a great job, but if these IEM do this good of a job, I can't imagine what a set 3 times their price can do. Please help!
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 9/20/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 9/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/20/11
- productIBasso D2 Boatagged by System, 3/7/13
- productIbasso D2 Vipertagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/20/11
- productMAXIMO iM-590 Enhanced Definition Isolation Earphones, Platinum Whitetagged by System, 9/20/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 9/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Good Movie Headphone to pair with iBasso D2+ Last post on 9/7/11 at 4:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bang for Buck IEMs for Classical, still RE0? Last post on 3/25/11 at 5:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE0 and amps? Last post on 3/22/11 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction: The whole reason I purchased these was because of jekostas review of the Bette 8MM 1+1 Hybrid: The 10MM version is going to mirror a lot of the 8MM, though I do not have the...
Forgive me in advance for this review won't be focused too much on the sound. From the little while that I was able to listen to these headphones, they sounded amazing. They had a neutral tone...
First of all I would like to thank Hifinage (http://www.hifinage.com/) for arranging a review tour and sending this to me. They are really stepping up their game and slowly increasing the product...
First things first: I would like to thank Lin and RHA for the opportunity to test these IEMs and provide my honest opinion of them in return. It really is great that this community allows this...
Not too long ago, I was a lowly noob looking for my first headphones. I waded through the murky waters of terminology I couldn’t understand and brands I’d never heard of before. Over time, some...
What to pair with my iBasso D2+?post #1 of 39/16/11 at 8:58pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 39/17/11 at 7:23pmpost #3 of 39/17/11 at 8:18pmThread Starter
after looking I am going to get the KNS8400's. they seem to be exactly what i've been looking for in a headphone for a long time. the 780's sound nice, but i think the clamp would make me want to destroy them in a few hours because i have a big head and comfort is a necessity for me.
- What to pair with my iBasso D2+?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 headphone in all black; unused condition 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 2 minutes ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Best DAC/Amp for Fidelio X2? 4 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 6 minutes ago
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3