I just got this amp and have been out of the head-fi scene for a year or so. I modded the HD555 and ever since I really enjoyed modding and listening to different headphones. I had the AD700, HD555, RE-ZERO, TL-02, and a cheap Sennheiser model. The RE-ZERO's had to be my favorite because of their amazing clarity. The AD700 were very nice for gaming and comfortable. But now I have this amp and I have to say it does a great job with the cheap set of im-590's I am listening to it now with. The clarity is near RE-ZERO as Joker has said, and the bass is excellent. It's a great IEM. But, I was looking for something that would do even better with an amp for gaming and movie watching. I listen to music, but I mainly want a full size that will be great for movies. Comfort is a big plus as well. I ordered the HFI-780's because they looked nice and I always wanted an Ultrasone set. But they got backordered or something so I need another set. I was thinking of getting the RE-0 because i heard they do good with an amp. They also have the clarity I am looking for. The only bad thing is they are IEM and watching movies or gaming for long sessions they tend to hurt the inside of my ears pretty bad. So I was looking for a full size set that would go good with the amp that has great clarity and good enough bass to shake a little during explosions in gaming/movies. The IM-590 do a great job, but if these IEM do this good of a job, I can't imagine what a set 3 times their price can do. Please help!
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 9/20/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 9/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/20/11
- productIBasso D2 Boatagged by System, 3/7/13
- productIbasso D2 Vipertagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/20/11
- productMAXIMO iM-590 Enhanced Definition Isolation Earphones, Platinum Whitetagged by System, 9/20/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 9/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Good Movie Headphone to pair with iBasso D2+ Last post on 9/7/11 at 4:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bang for Buck IEMs for Classical, still RE0? Last post on 3/25/11 at 5:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE0 and amps? Last post on 3/22/11 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
What to pair with my iBasso D2+?post #1 of 39/16/11 at 8:58pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 39/17/11 at 7:23pmpost #3 of 39/17/11 at 8:18pmThread Starter
after looking I am going to get the KNS8400's. they seem to be exactly what i've been looking for in a headphone for a long time. the 780's sound nice, but i think the clamp would make me want to destroy them in a few hours because i have a big head and comfort is a necessity for me.
- What to pair with my iBasso D2+?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Fostex T20RP MK3 headphones with Shure 1540 Pads 28 seconds ago
- › Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic... 1 minute ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 5 minutes ago
- › A little Help in optimizing and upgrading PC 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...