I just got this amp and have been out of the head-fi scene for a year or so. I modded the HD555 and ever since I really enjoyed modding and listening to different headphones. I had the AD700, HD555, RE-ZERO, TL-02, and a cheap Sennheiser model. The RE-ZERO's had to be my favorite because of their amazing clarity. The AD700 were very nice for gaming and comfortable. But now I have this amp and I have to say it does a great job with the cheap set of im-590's I am listening to it now with. The clarity is near RE-ZERO as Joker has said, and the bass is excellent. It's a great IEM. But, I was looking for something that would do even better with an amp for gaming and movie watching. I listen to music, but I mainly want a full size that will be great for movies. Comfort is a big plus as well. I ordered the HFI-780's because they looked nice and I always wanted an Ultrasone set. But they got backordered or something so I need another set. I was thinking of getting the RE-0 because i heard they do good with an amp. They also have the clarity I am looking for. The only bad thing is they are IEM and watching movies or gaming for long sessions they tend to hurt the inside of my ears pretty bad. So I was looking for a full size set that would go good with the amp that has great clarity and good enough bass to shake a little during explosions in gaming/movies. The IM-590 do a great job, but if these IEM do this good of a job, I can't imagine what a set 3 times their price can do. Please help!
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 9/20/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 9/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/20/11
- productIBasso D2 Boatagged by System, 3/7/13
- productIbasso D2 Vipertagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/20/11
- productMAXIMO iM-590 Enhanced Definition Isolation Earphones, Platinum Whitetagged by System, 9/20/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 9/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good Movie Headphone to pair with iBasso D2+ Last post on 9/7/11 at 4:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bang for Buck IEMs for Classical, still RE0? Last post on 3/25/11 at 5:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE0 and amps? Last post on 3/22/11 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are the RE0 /REZERO the best sounding (Dynamic) IEM for there price? Last post on 2/14/11 at 8:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I will keep this review short as there are lots of other well done in depth reviews out there. I have had this unit for a while now ( about 4-5 months) and I love it. I have had no issues with it...
My setup: iBasso DX50 --> Dunu DN-1000 Packaging Yes the accessories in the box are plenty. But the cloth material used for inner box and metal case is poor. The black dust from the cloth...
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
What to pair with my iBasso D2+?post #1 of 39/16/11 at 8:58pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 39/17/11 at 7:23pmpost #3 of 39/17/11 at 8:18pmThread Starter
after looking I am going to get the KNS8400's. they seem to be exactly what i've been looking for in a headphone for a long time. the 780's sound nice, but i think the clamp would make me want to destroy them in a few hours because i have a big head and comfort is a necessity for me.
- What to pair with my iBasso D2+?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 9 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 12 seconds ago
- › Evshrug's "If I knew then what I know now" discussion journal. 26 seconds ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 34 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 50 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › Budget Giant Killing Speakers! 2 minutes ago
- › Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › Need Assistance with Audio Setup for PS4 and PC. 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)