I just got this amp and have been out of the head-fi scene for a year or so. I modded the HD555 and ever since I really enjoyed modding and listening to different headphones. I had the AD700, HD555, RE-ZERO, TL-02, and a cheap Sennheiser model. The RE-ZERO's had to be my favorite because of their amazing clarity. The AD700 were very nice for gaming and comfortable. But now I have this amp and I have to say it does a great job with the cheap set of im-590's I am listening to it now with. The clarity is near RE-ZERO as Joker has said, and the bass is excellent. It's a great IEM. But, I was looking for something that would do even better with an amp for gaming and movie watching. I listen to music, but I mainly want a full size that will be great for movies. Comfort is a big plus as well. I ordered the HFI-780's because they looked nice and I always wanted an Ultrasone set. But they got backordered or something so I need another set. I was thinking of getting the RE-0 because i heard they do good with an amp. They also have the clarity I am looking for. The only bad thing is they are IEM and watching movies or gaming for long sessions they tend to hurt the inside of my ears pretty bad. So I was looking for a full size set that would go good with the amp that has great clarity and good enough bass to shake a little during explosions in gaming/movies. The IM-590 do a great job, but if these IEM do this good of a job, I can't imagine what a set 3 times their price can do. Please help!
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 9/20/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 9/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/20/11
- productIBasso D2 Boatagged by System, 3/7/13
- productIbasso D2 Vipertagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/20/11
- productMAXIMO iM-590 Enhanced Definition Isolation Earphones, Platinum Whitetagged by System, 9/20/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 9/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Good Movie Headphone to pair with iBasso D2+ Last post on 9/7/11 at 4:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bang for Buck IEMs for Classical, still RE0? Last post on 3/25/11 at 5:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE0 and amps? Last post on 3/22/11 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
In an age where (multi-driver) hybrids are all the rage, the G3 is a single dynamic from a maker known for well-regarded, modestly-price earbuds. I bought these after reading the frenetic praise...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
IntroductionWhen I first reviewed Schiit Audio's original Modi/Vali stack many moons ago, I walked away very impressed to say the least. Not only was it a cost effective solution for the budding...
1. Introduction The Prophile-8, a 8 balanced armature in-ear monitor, is the new flagship from well-established German brand In-ear. So far the brand had an offering going from 2 to 4 driver...
Video Review It's not unusual to find a headphone or IEM manufacturer to branch out into making their own amps, and then their own cables, but Ken Ball is one of two people who have gone in...
What to pair with my iBasso D2+?post #1 of 39/16/11 at 8:58pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 39/17/11 at 7:23pmpost #3 of 39/17/11 at 8:18pmThread Starter
after looking I am going to get the KNS8400's. they seem to be exactly what i've been looking for in a headphone for a long time. the 780's sound nice, but i think the clamp would make me want to destroy them in a few hours because i have a big head and comfort is a necessity for me.
- What to pair with my iBasso D2+?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 27 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 50 seconds ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 1 minute ago
- › Budget Precise Sounding IEM 1 minute ago
- › Prog rock 2 minutes ago
- › vibro veritas, measuring our IEMs like a pro with amateur budget. 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 3 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 4 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 6 minutes ago
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Fostex TH 900 by Scott Branham
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear