I just got this amp and have been out of the head-fi scene for a year or so. I modded the HD555 and ever since I really enjoyed modding and listening to different headphones. I had the AD700, HD555, RE-ZERO, TL-02, and a cheap Sennheiser model. The RE-ZERO's had to be my favorite because of their amazing clarity. The AD700 were very nice for gaming and comfortable. But now I have this amp and I have to say it does a great job with the cheap set of im-590's I am listening to it now with. The clarity is near RE-ZERO as Joker has said, and the bass is excellent. It's a great IEM. But, I was looking for something that would do even better with an amp for gaming and movie watching. I listen to music, but I mainly want a full size that will be great for movies. Comfort is a big plus as well. I ordered the HFI-780's because they looked nice and I always wanted an Ultrasone set. But they got backordered or something so I need another set. I was thinking of getting the RE-0 because i heard they do good with an amp. They also have the clarity I am looking for. The only bad thing is they are IEM and watching movies or gaming for long sessions they tend to hurt the inside of my ears pretty bad. So I was looking for a full size set that would go good with the amp that has great clarity and good enough bass to shake a little during explosions in gaming/movies. The IM-590 do a great job, but if these IEM do this good of a job, I can't imagine what a set 3 times their price can do. Please help!
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 9/20/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 9/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/20/11
- productIBasso D2 Boatagged by System, 3/7/13
- productIbasso D2 Vipertagged by System, 3/7/13
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/20/11
- productMAXIMO iM-590 Enhanced Definition Isolation Earphones, Platinum Whitetagged by System, 9/20/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/11
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 9/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good Movie Headphone to pair with iBasso D2+ Last post on 9/7/11 at 4:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bang for Buck IEMs for Classical, still RE0? Last post on 3/25/11 at 5:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE0 and amps? Last post on 3/22/11 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are the RE0 /REZERO the best sounding (Dynamic) IEM for there price? Last post on 2/14/11 at 8:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Best i-Device portable DAC ever listened to, very neutral and smooth like from a desktop DAC. Currently using it with my iPod touch 5 (Yes, it's support lightinig connector). I will prefer filter...
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
What to pair with my iBasso D2+?post #1 of 39/16/11 at 8:58pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 39/17/11 at 7:23pmpost #3 of 39/17/11 at 8:18pmThread Starter
after looking I am going to get the KNS8400's. they seem to be exactly what i've been looking for in a headphone for a long time. the 780's sound nice, but i think the clamp would make me want to destroy them in a few hours because i have a big head and comfort is a necessity for me.
- What to pair with my iBasso D2+?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Please recommend headphones for PC/Iphone use 3 minutes ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 5 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 6 minutes ago
- › [AUS] Lachlan's 'Some Headphones Are More Equal Than Others' Sale!!! 6 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature... 6 minutes ago
- › Stax SRM-323S 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 9 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-P1 by Jensenchua
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob