If all airplane headphones had an impedance that high, it would explain why all my cans hiss when I plug them into the plane seat's HO.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand66 Audiotagged by System, 9/16/11
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Solo HD Blacktagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandSonytagged by Afterlife07, 5/15/13
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 9/16/11
- brandZalmantagged by System, 9/16/11
- productZalman ZM-RS6F 5.1 surround sound headphonestagged by System, 9/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- colorful (girly....?) headphones under $70? Last post on 10/11/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Affordable Sony studio headphones Last post on 1/31/11 at 6:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help a Noob Find a Good Set of Headphones Last post on 11/18/10 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Phones $50< Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good over the ear headphones Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Today is my long overdue review of the Cayin i5. I had trouble getting this review complete due to a holiday emergency and a slow recovery however, better late than never. *disclaimer* I've...
Company 64 Audio (former 1964 Ears) is a well-known maker of top-level multidriver IEMs. They are offering a big range of models, but the most attractive feature of their earphones is APEX...
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
First of all, thank you so much to Ifi-Audio for sending me a black edition to review for free! Really awesome of them to involve the audio community to such a degree. I will keep this review...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
WORST headphone you ever heard? - Page 88post #1306 of 15133/31/14 at 12:03am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1307 of 15133/31/14 at 6:08ampost #1308 of 15133/31/14 at 8:36ampost #1309 of 15133/31/14 at 8:40amQuote:Originally Posted by DisCHORDDubstep
... Monster has actually gotten better after the split from beats. THEY ACTUALLY SOUBD GOOD! XD. Lol. No seriously, try a pair of the Monster N-Tunes... It must be the newest version. The first version of them was a thumping mess. They cleaned up the bass on the new N-Tunes.
I was SO freaking surprised by the NTunes. For $100 they're pretty sick. And the DNA is a refined version of them. I actually kinda miss mine.post #1310 of 15133/31/14 at 9:06am
Those. Worst headphones I have ever experienced. My earbuds at the time died out. I was buying books for my classes that year and came across these for 10 CAD. Figured I'd give them a whirl. The included tips were made of the most plasticy "rubber" I have ever experienced, and were horribly misshapen out of the box. No way you could get a seal so I really have no idea what these truly sounded like (probably less than stellar). Add to that the hilariously bad build quality. I almost wish I didn't tear them up so I could test them. On well....might as well listen to my T90s instead. My loss....*snicker*post #1311 of 15133/31/14 at 11:59amQuote:Originally Posted by B9Scrambler
Those. Worst headphones I have ever experienced. My earbuds at the time died out. I was buying books for my classes that year and came across these for 10 CAD. Figured I'd give them a whirl. The included tips were made of the most plasticy "rubber" I have ever experienced, and were horribly misshapen out of the box. No way you could get a seal so I really have no idea what these truly sounded like (probably less than stellar). Add to that the hilariously bad build quality. I almost wish I didn't tear them up so I could test them. On well....might as well listen to my T90s instead. My loss....*snicker*
I'm going to warn my girlfriend's mom for them right away, she loves everything from U2.. EVERYTHING..
She'll get them anyway I think, not the smartest person around. This one time she took my beats pro with her to go jogging for 5km..post #1312 of 15133/31/14 at 2:32pmQuote:
haha...poor Beats. They must have taken a real....beating? *lifts eyebrows*
I doubt they even make those IEMs anymore given they were released around the same time as the U2 edition iPod.post #1313 of 15133/31/14 at 3:00pmQuote:
I will NEVER understand people who work out in giant over-ear headphones, regardless of brand. I've seen multiple Beats, Monster, and Sol Republic cans at the gym and all I can think is "you must not be putting too much effort in if that works."post #1314 of 15133/31/14 at 3:42pmpost #1315 of 15133/31/14 at 4:51pmpost #1316 of 15133/31/14 at 5:38pmpost #1317 of 15133/31/14 at 5:40pmpost #1318 of 15133/31/14 at 6:06pmpost #1319 of 15133/31/14 at 6:43pmpost #1320 of 15133/31/14 at 11:43pmQuote:
Well when she came back (I didn't know she took them with her) she said 'Never again!'
These are 450 grams, WTF did she expect?!
This thread is locked
- WORST headphone you ever heard?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › HELP: Mystifying Hiss Schitt/E5/Topping/Dragonfly DACs with Mac 3 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 10 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 11 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 28 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Isone Pro - the best thing you could ever get for your headphones... 48 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › Free and easy tip and your hard drive will thank you. 2 minutes ago
- › Having hard time choosing Sony A35, A25 or ZX2 3 minutes ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 3 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › Cayin i5 by Voxata
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear