Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650? - Page 170

post #2536 of 2805
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaTe117 View Post

So when the HTF600's go to the point I can't use them, should I go for HD668B or HD681 soundstage wise?

Yeah. The 668b's soundstage is bigger then the 681, btw.

 

The 681 is basically a baby 668b.

post #2537 of 2805
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post

A fluorescent lightbulb vs. a log campfire.
 



 

 

brilliant!

post #2538 of 2805

Could I use equalizer on them if I have any problems with the sound signature as equalizing has no effect on soundstage?

post #2539 of 2805
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaTe117 View Post

Could I use equalizer on them if I have any problems with the sound signature as equalizing has no effect on soundstage?

 

Actually, if you EQ the treble, every 1db boost increases the soundstage size by about 2". I've actually verified this with a ruler.

post #2540 of 2805
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdockweiler View Post

 

Actually, if you EQ the treble, every 1db boost increases the soundstage size by about 2". I've actually verified this with a ruler.

how do you measure soundstage with a ruler?

post #2541 of 2805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertoaster View Post

how do you measure soundstage with a ruler?

 

1. Stand against a wall with your headphone on while playing didgeridoo music (FLAC ONLY)

2. Place ruler against headphone and mark location on wall with pencil

 

100% accurate and verified with my sound engineer

post #2542 of 2805
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdockweiler View Post

 

1. Stand against a wall with your headphone on while playing didgeridoo music (FLAC ONLY)

2. Place ruler against headphone and mark location on wall with pencil

 

100% accurate and verified with my sound engineer

 

You forgot to mention at what part of the song to measure, it's an important detail. It's at 2:10 - 2:20

post #2543 of 2805
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdockweiler View Post

 

1. Stand against a wall with your headphone on while playing didgeridoo music (FLAC ONLY)

2. Place ruler against headphone and mark location on wall with pencil

 

100% accurate and verified with my sound engineer

i still don't see how that helps you find the soundstage

post #2544 of 2805

Of course the physical construction affects the soundstage most?

post #2545 of 2805
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaTe117 View Post

Of course the physical construction affects the soundstage most?

the openess design

 

the Superlux is more open then the Pannies so it should have a larger soundstage.

post #2546 of 2805

Well the HTF600s are gonna hold longer now. I stuffed the spot where the plastic pieces should be with a piece of a match.

post #2547 of 2805

I'm choosing between Superlux HD668B and Samson SR850. People say that Samsons are more comfy, but those don't have the changeable cables that Superluxes have.

 

Do those two have any other differences?

 

I could get Superluxes for 41€ on thomann and the Samsons for 44€ on eBay.

post #2548 of 2805

I just ordered some RP-HTF600-s on Amazon. Unfortunately I ordered them on the 3rd and they still say "Shipping Soon".

post #2549 of 2805
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaTe117 View Post

I'm choosing between Superlux HD668B and Samson SR850. People say that Samsons are more comfy, but those don't have the changeable cables that Superluxes have.

 

Do those two have any other differences?

 

I could get Superluxes for 41€ on thomann and the Samsons for 44€ on eBay.

The Samson is easier to drive (32 ohms) and they clamp slightly harder then the 668b (56 ohms)

post #2550 of 2805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertoaster View Post

The Samson is easier to drive (32 ohms) and they clamp slightly harder then the 668b (56 ohms)


The difference in impedance is negligible, and at 98 dB SPL @ 1mW sensitivity, they are both basically equally easy to drive.


Edited by palmfish - 8/7/12 at 1:58pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?