I got a151s when my 5th cc51 broke, but i wouldnt say that the sound matches the build quality
Related Forum Threads
- Philips SHE8500 OR Creative EP 630 Last post on 8/18/11 at 6:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in-ear earphones priced at £45 or less. Last post on 8/4/11 at 9:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How IEM characteristics are measured? Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I need help finding good IEM's - under $ 150 Last post on 11/19/12 at 1:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM to buy in Hamburg, Germany Last post on 4/24/15 at 6:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I am believer in positive effects of a good cable and I like to try different aftermarket cables to see what sonic changes can be. I have contacted with Null Audio while I was looking for a new...
Introduction: One of my favorite parts of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
I have to say I was very impressed with this little beauty. For my 63 yr. young ears after being subjected to some of the most ferocious live hard rock and heavy metal it really does justice to...
Setup I got my pair on sale for $150 USD. I have had a few lower end AKG headphones and have never been disappointed with the value and sound signature they offered. It's been a long time...
This is my first review. Honestly I am quite new to head-fi although I have tried and bought and sold a lot of headphones and earphones lately. I bought a pair of MA750 a week ago for 108USD in...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
build quality issues with the cc51's? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ouch. I guess the treble roll-off and weaker bass impact leaves a lot to be desired coming from a v-shaped sound signature.
Five pairs, huh? That's.. supernaturally unfortunate, at best. I have a pair of A151s incoming, incidentally. I fully expect them to sound different, but not bad, compared to the CC51. Maybe even better in some places. Anywho, sorry for the derail.
haha well theyre great for some genres of music, but the eq is pretty flat, which is good but theres a bump in the upper midrange which makes them pretty sibilant and theres extraordinary treble roll off
Just thought I'd chime in on my experience w/ the CC51p's. 1st pair were actually manufactured incorrectly, right cord was longer than the left. Sent them a picture asking if they were switching to asymm cables and they sent a replacement.
Replacement lasted about 1 month than the rubber sleeve on the right came loose. A few weeks later, sleeve on left came loose. Waiting on my replacement now...
Love the sound quality, just wish the build was a bit better.
- build quality issues with the cc51's?
- › SennGrado Thread 39 seconds ago
- › MAGISTER - 40% PROMOTION PRICE 45 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 46 seconds ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 50 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 5 minutes ago
- › Need advice on finding a spacious well defined headset/pair of... 6 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 7 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 7 minutes ago
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Trinity - Techne Dynamic IEM by mark2410
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2