I got a151s when my 5th cc51 broke, but i wouldnt say that the sound matches the build quality
Related Forum Threads
- Philips SHE8500 OR Creative EP 630 Last post on 8/18/11 at 6:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in-ear earphones priced at £45 or less. Last post on 8/4/11 at 9:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How IEM characteristics are measured? Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I need help finding good IEM's - under $ 150 Last post on 11/19/12 at 1:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM to buy in Hamburg, Germany Last post on 10/10/15 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
build quality issues with the cc51's? - Page 3post #31 of 351/23/12 at 9:04pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 351/23/12 at 9:43pmQuote:
Ouch. I guess the treble roll-off and weaker bass impact leaves a lot to be desired coming from a v-shaped sound signature.post #33 of 351/24/12 at 5:29am
Five pairs, huh? That's.. supernaturally unfortunate, at best. I have a pair of A151s incoming, incidentally. I fully expect them to sound different, but not bad, compared to the CC51. Maybe even better in some places. Anywho, sorry for the derail.post #34 of 351/24/12 at 9:41amThread StarterQuote:
haha well theyre great for some genres of music, but the eq is pretty flat, which is good but theres a bump in the upper midrange which makes them pretty sibilant and theres extraordinary treble roll offpost #35 of 352/23/12 at 3:09pm
Just thought I'd chime in on my experience w/ the CC51p's. 1st pair were actually manufactured incorrectly, right cord was longer than the left. Sent them a picture asking if they were switching to asymm cables and they sent a replacement.
Replacement lasted about 1 month than the rubber sleeve on the right came loose. A few weeks later, sleeve on left came loose. Waiting on my replacement now...
Love the sound quality, just wish the build was a bit better.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- build quality issues with the cc51's?
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 21 seconds ago
- › Trinity Audio Q & A 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Oppo Sonica DAC (an affordable ES9038PRO Sabre DAC) 3 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 3 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Shenzhen Benjie BJ-T6 / AGPtek Rocker 4 minutes ago
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear