I got a151s when my 5th cc51 broke, but i wouldnt say that the sound matches the build quality
Related Forum Threads
- Philips SHE8500 OR Creative EP 630 Last post on 8/18/11 at 6:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in-ear earphones priced at £45 or less. Last post on 8/4/11 at 9:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How IEM characteristics are measured? Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I need help finding good IEM's - under $ 150 Last post on 11/19/12 at 1:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM to buy in Hamburg, Germany Last post on 10/21/12 at 9:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
build quality issues with the cc51's? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ouch. I guess the treble roll-off and weaker bass impact leaves a lot to be desired coming from a v-shaped sound signature.
Five pairs, huh? That's.. supernaturally unfortunate, at best. I have a pair of A151s incoming, incidentally. I fully expect them to sound different, but not bad, compared to the CC51. Maybe even better in some places. Anywho, sorry for the derail.
haha well theyre great for some genres of music, but the eq is pretty flat, which is good but theres a bump in the upper midrange which makes them pretty sibilant and theres extraordinary treble roll off
Just thought I'd chime in on my experience w/ the CC51p's. 1st pair were actually manufactured incorrectly, right cord was longer than the left. Sent them a picture asking if they were switching to asymm cables and they sent a replacement.
Replacement lasted about 1 month than the rubber sleeve on the right came loose. A few weeks later, sleeve on left came loose. Waiting on my replacement now...
Love the sound quality, just wish the build was a bit better.
- build quality issues with the cc51's?
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 27 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Best duets 4 minutes ago
- › SOtM tX-USBexp Audiophile PCIe to USB Audio Card 4 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6SE w extra tubes!! To trade 6 minutes ago
- › Need help choosing a pair of inexpensive portable over-ear... 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 by RubxQub
- › Brainwavz HM9 Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by wormsdriver
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by trevorburnham
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › HeadRoom Little With More Power Supply by Mshenay
- › beyerdynamic T50p by gotak
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Tom22
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)