I got a151s when my 5th cc51 broke, but i wouldnt say that the sound matches the build quality
Related Forum Threads
- Philips SHE8500 OR Creative EP 630 Last post on 8/18/11 at 6:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in-ear earphones priced at £45 or less. Last post on 8/4/11 at 9:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How IEM characteristics are measured? Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I need help finding good IEM's - under $ 150 Last post on 11/19/12 at 1:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM to buy in Hamburg, Germany Last post on Yesterday at 6:34 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the wonderful AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample of Turbo X provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a...
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
For me, the Audeze EL-8Cs satisfy a long awaited two year search for a closed headphone that I can use at work that sound just as good as my home theater setup. I enjoy them so much, that I cannot...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
build quality issues with the cc51's? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ouch. I guess the treble roll-off and weaker bass impact leaves a lot to be desired coming from a v-shaped sound signature.
Five pairs, huh? That's.. supernaturally unfortunate, at best. I have a pair of A151s incoming, incidentally. I fully expect them to sound different, but not bad, compared to the CC51. Maybe even better in some places. Anywho, sorry for the derail.
haha well theyre great for some genres of music, but the eq is pretty flat, which is good but theres a bump in the upper midrange which makes them pretty sibilant and theres extraordinary treble roll off
Just thought I'd chime in on my experience w/ the CC51p's. 1st pair were actually manufactured incorrectly, right cord was longer than the left. Sent them a picture asking if they were switching to asymm cables and they sent a replacement.
Replacement lasted about 1 month than the rubber sleeve on the right came loose. A few weeks later, sleeve on left came loose. Waiting on my replacement now...
Love the sound quality, just wish the build was a bit better.
- build quality issues with the cc51's?
- › Topping NX1 Portable Headphone Amp? 17 seconds ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 1 minute ago
- › 2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE 800 Replacement Headphone Cable Lead - 0.8 Meter... 4 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD2000 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2