Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread

post #1 of 5672
Thread Starter 

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about these? 

 

They are supposed to be replacing the IE8's...

 

 


Edited by Craigerz - 11/28/11 at 8:38am
post #2 of 5672

That's the first I've ever heard of it. Google search even comes up negative.

Where did you get wind of this news?

post #3 of 5672
Thread Starter 

A friend of mine is an authorized dealer...he said they should be out October'ish but I didn't really get any more details.

post #4 of 5672

This thread seems to be the only real result when I Google the product. Not to mention it would be a radical departure in naming convention for Sennheiser's IE line.

 

I seriously doubt this.

post #5 of 5672

if there would be something replacing the ie8 it would be called ie9 no?

well for now i hope its real O.o

post #6 of 5672

This sounds like a "my dad works for Nintendo" kind of deal.

post #7 of 5672

hope not, only just got my ie8s  etysmile.gif

post #8 of 5672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigerz View Post

A friend of mine is an authorized dealer...he said they should be out October'ish but I didn't really get any more details.



i think you should get more details tbh.

post #9 of 5672

I'm friends with a guy at Senn USA. I'll shoot him an email to confirm.

post #10 of 5672
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by germe83 View Post

I'm friends with a guy at Senn USA. I'll shoot him an email to confirm.


Thnx...

post #11 of 5672
post #12 of 5672
Quote:
Originally Posted by germe83 View Post

That's an affirmative on the IE80... see below:

 

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/root/private_headphones_mp3_portable_504771


 

Now that's a news! Thx germe

post #13 of 5672
post #14 of 5672

It will be interesting to see if the SQ has been changed at all over the IE8. As of right now, it appears to just be a cosmetic change. Hopefully I'm wrong. Perhaps they toned down a bit of that mid-bass while keeping the soundstage. 

post #15 of 5672
Quote:
Originally Posted by germe83 View Post

It will be interesting to see if the SQ has been changed at all over the IE8. As of right now, it appears to just be a cosmetic change. Hopefully I'm wrong. Perhaps they toned down a bit of that mid-bass while keeping the soundstage. 

x2

but still I love brushed aluminium front

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread