New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sub $30 In-Ear Headphones

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 

Looking for a pair of in-ears that cost around $30, a little more or less is fine. I will only use them with iphone, touchpad and sometimes a laptop.

 

Mostly listen to hip-hop and love bass but would not give up quality for it.

 

Any advice?

post #2 of 14

http://www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-BWAVZ-M1-M1-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B004IK2EAW/

 

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Ears-Noise-Isolating-Earphones-Blue/dp/B004ROGUNG/

post #3 of 14

Sony EX310(highely recommended), XB40EX(overall bass heavy sound), Philips SHE9700(great buy).


Edited by ZARIM - 8/28/11 at 4:01pm
post #4 of 14

Check out SoundMagic.  I have the pl30 that I got for under $25 and really enjoy it.  From the reviews, the newer models e10 and e30, sound like they have improved over the pl30.  Here is a really good review of the e10.  It is the bassier of the two and would probably be better for your genre of choice:

http://anythingbutipod.com/2011/08/soundmagic-e10-review/

 

Also Joker reviews both in his large multi-iem thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-191-iems-compared-xears-cp100ip-td-iii-v2-added-8-23

post #5 of 14

+1 on the UE 200

They are a sweet pair of sub-$30 IEMs. The bass is surprisingly well controlled with only a slight mid-bass hump. Extends down pretty well but ofcourse wont have great sub-bass but then most other IEMs don't do great with sub-bass anyway. The mids are presented extremely well and the highs have fantastic extension and even though they are a bit bright at the start, they do calm down after some use (30-40hours).

post #6 of 14

Metro.Fi 220. Better build quality, with a similar sound.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by navmau View Post

+1 on the UE 200

They are a sweet pair of sub-$30 IEMs. The bass is surprisingly well controlled with only a slight mid-bass hump. Extends down pretty well but ofcourse wont have great sub-bass but then most other IEMs don't do great with sub-bass anyway. The mids are presented extremely well and the highs have fantastic extension and even though they are a bit bright at the start, they do calm down after some use (30-40hours).



 

post #7 of 14

pl30

post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by shureThing View Post

Metro.Fi 220. Better build quality, with a similar sound.
 



 



Cool. Are they also sub-$30?

 

I recently got the UE200 along with a few other sub-$100 IEMs (full DUNU range, MEE M6P and the UE200) and found the UE200 (cheapest out of the lot) to perform at levels near the top of the bunch.

 

post #9 of 14
Thread Starter 

went with the UE200vi was able to get them for 21$ shipped.

post #10 of 14

Link?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oMek View Post

went with the UE200vi was able to get them for 21$ shipped.



 

post #11 of 14

Here is a few sub-$30 IEM I reviewed lately.

post #12 of 14

I don't have them, but the Meelectronics M6 seems like a great deal at its current price of around $20. Check out the reviews on here. I was going to get a pair but I think I'm going to bump it up to the A151's instead.

post #13 of 14
If you could splurge a bit the monster turbines are 50 bucks on monster cable outlet store
post #14 of 14
Thread Starter 
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: