I just crossed my legs.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 8/16/11
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 9/13/11
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/16/11
- productKoss ESP-950 Electrostatic Stereophonetagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/16/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/16/11
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Comfortable headband for Grado PS1000 Last post on 9/5/11 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on Today at 10:40 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- ++RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD For High-end Audio (headphone) ++ i.e. Don't start a new thread:... Last post on 9/16/12 at 5:01am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Review Introduction Many thanks to samma3a.com for providing me with a ASG2.5 for a week to review. Aurisonics is a Nashville, Tennessee, US based company that produces...
For music on the go. This are my favourites for the moment. I rate it even higher than the Sennheiser Momentum because the cans are much more comfortable. In terms of Bass qualities,I prefer...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
This pair of beauty have unseated my AKG 551 as a my favourite portable headphones to go with my ipod touch while I enjoy my spotify playlists. Coldplay´s "Life in Technicolour" is an...
Build and Usage: Good looking, very nice feeling player, it looks like a really sold build and it's all metal construction. Not much to say about it, you can check pictures. I wasn't satisfied...
Headphone CSD waterfall plots - Page 17post #241 of 9379/28/11 at 8:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #242 of 9379/28/11 at 8:59pm
Unfortunately, I don't have a proper amp yet, just an SRD-7/SB transformer box. (If I can get a nice, professional-looking enclosure for it, though, I'd consider breaking out the soldering iron and building my own ExStatA solid-state.)
Sending over the Onkyo TX-SV515PRO I use to feed it would cost far too much in terms of shipping given its sheer bulk and weight. I'd have to hope that he has a speaker power amp on hand to power the transformer box, and chances are it won't have the exact same sound signature. (That may be for the better, for all I know.)post #243 of 9379/28/11 at 9:05pmThread StarterQuote:
Amazing. Sounds like a real soprano - not a countertenor doing a falsetto. Obviously well trained and extremely talented. Wow.post #244 of 9379/28/11 at 10:10pmpost #245 of 9379/28/11 at 10:16pmThread StarterHeh. The music program didn't exactly list "Dude who sings soprano." We just thought we were going to hear a Baroque motet with dudes and girls, not a dude, girl, and another dude that sang like girl.post #246 of 9379/28/11 at 10:56pmThread Starterpost #248 of 9379/29/11 at 1:27amQuote:
Gotta say that I am a bit envious. It's not everyday you get to hear a castrato sing live.post #249 of 9379/29/11 at 10:03amThread StarterQuote:
I haven't tried one cup at a time. One channels does show worse ringing than the other.post #250 of 9379/29/11 at 1:32pmQuote:
Purrin, I'll bring over my vintage RS-1's in case you want to double check anything.post #251 of 9379/29/11 at 1:52pmpost #252 of 9379/29/11 at 10:18pmThread Starterpost #253 of 9379/29/11 at 10:39pmpost #254 of 9379/29/11 at 10:52pmThread Starter
It's my understanding that there is a rev2 which is improved over the original version measured here.
I'll be sticking with my recent practice of providing my initial listening impressions before the measurements. LFF was with me so he can attest to the accuracy of (or lack of) my predictions. This is fun. OK here it goes:
Hmm. Wierd. Really midrangy. Some (good) bass. Doesn't seem extended up top. Unbalanced tonally. A midrange bump at 1kHz. Some ringing around 3kHz? Not a bad spot for ringing to occur, but it's still there. Nothing offensive up top. Maybe some very slight ringing at two spots in the treble? This headphone just sounds messed up. Lacks resolution. Not fun to listen to. Taking them off.
OK, here's how it looks like:
That's just messed up.
Edited by purrin - 11/23/11 at 10:38pmpost #255 of 9379/29/11 at 11:17pmThread Starter
Hmm. Fashion headphones. Smallish supra-aural. Hmm. These can't be good. <Putting them on> Wow. Surprising they don't sound that bad. Hey, I'm still listening to them. They are giving me some musical information. Yup. Going to listen to a few more tracks. I can't believe I'm not finding them offensive for what they are. Maybe it was my extremely low expectations upon first seeing them. Wait. K.D. Lang voice's is a bit bumped up. At least these work well for popular music. Broad peak at 2kHz? No appreciable ringing heard. That's impressive. Rolled off.
Lets go. (I had to to solid plate tests for these because of the supra-aural design. The solid plate tests tend to emphasize any ringing and create more junk and plateaus below 1.5kHz)
Not too shabby at all, considering solid plate tests were used. The FR could be more linear, but it's actually fairly clean for what it is. I'll post a 2kHz+ version of the usual anechoic plate tests later.
Edited by purrin - 9/30/11 at 10:13am
- Headphone CSD waterfall plots
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 39 seconds ago
- › The all new ALO Rx IEM amp! Now on sale. 51 seconds ago
- › New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC" 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Which SR-009 amp sounds the most realistic to you? 2 minutes ago
- › FIIO OTG Support Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 3 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 4 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Koolpep
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Chiek
- › Graham Slee Lautus USB Cable by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by Chiek
- › Astell & Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable... by Tail
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2