I just crossed my legs.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF2 Headphonestagged by System, 8/16/11
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 9/13/11
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/16/11
- productKoss ESP-950 Electrostatic Stereophonetagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/16/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/16/11
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Comfortable headband for Grado PS1000 Last post on 9/5/11 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- ++RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD For High-end Audio (headphone) ++ i.e. Don't start a new thread:... Last post on 9/16/12 at 5:01am in High-end Audio Forum
- Something has got to be wrong with my system, please help me solve it! Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Headphone CSD waterfall plots - Page 17post #241 of 9379/28/11 at 8:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #242 of 9379/28/11 at 8:59pm
Unfortunately, I don't have a proper amp yet, just an SRD-7/SB transformer box. (If I can get a nice, professional-looking enclosure for it, though, I'd consider breaking out the soldering iron and building my own ExStatA solid-state.)
Sending over the Onkyo TX-SV515PRO I use to feed it would cost far too much in terms of shipping given its sheer bulk and weight. I'd have to hope that he has a speaker power amp on hand to power the transformer box, and chances are it won't have the exact same sound signature. (That may be for the better, for all I know.)post #243 of 9379/28/11 at 9:05pmThread StarterQuote:
Amazing. Sounds like a real soprano - not a countertenor doing a falsetto. Obviously well trained and extremely talented. Wow.post #244 of 9379/28/11 at 10:10pmpost #245 of 9379/28/11 at 10:16pmThread StarterHeh. The music program didn't exactly list "Dude who sings soprano." We just thought we were going to hear a Baroque motet with dudes and girls, not a dude, girl, and another dude that sang like girl.post #246 of 9379/28/11 at 10:56pmThread Starterpost #248 of 9379/29/11 at 1:27amQuote:
Gotta say that I am a bit envious. It's not everyday you get to hear a castrato sing live.post #249 of 9379/29/11 at 10:03amThread StarterQuote:
I haven't tried one cup at a time. One channels does show worse ringing than the other.post #250 of 9379/29/11 at 1:32pmQuote:
Purrin, I'll bring over my vintage RS-1's in case you want to double check anything.post #251 of 9379/29/11 at 1:52pmpost #252 of 9379/29/11 at 10:18pmThread Starterpost #253 of 9379/29/11 at 10:39pmpost #254 of 9379/29/11 at 10:52pmThread Starter
It's my understanding that there is a rev2 which is improved over the original version measured here.
I'll be sticking with my recent practice of providing my initial listening impressions before the measurements. LFF was with me so he can attest to the accuracy of (or lack of) my predictions. This is fun. OK here it goes:
Hmm. Wierd. Really midrangy. Some (good) bass. Doesn't seem extended up top. Unbalanced tonally. A midrange bump at 1kHz. Some ringing around 3kHz? Not a bad spot for ringing to occur, but it's still there. Nothing offensive up top. Maybe some very slight ringing at two spots in the treble? This headphone just sounds messed up. Lacks resolution. Not fun to listen to. Taking them off.
OK, here's how it looks like:
That's just messed up.
Edited by purrin - 11/23/11 at 10:38pmpost #255 of 9379/29/11 at 11:17pmThread Starter
Hmm. Fashion headphones. Smallish supra-aural. Hmm. These can't be good. <Putting them on> Wow. Surprising they don't sound that bad. Hey, I'm still listening to them. They are giving me some musical information. Yup. Going to listen to a few more tracks. I can't believe I'm not finding them offensive for what they are. Maybe it was my extremely low expectations upon first seeing them. Wait. K.D. Lang voice's is a bit bumped up. At least these work well for popular music. Broad peak at 2kHz? No appreciable ringing heard. That's impressive. Rolled off.
Lets go. (I had to to solid plate tests for these because of the supra-aural design. The solid plate tests tend to emphasize any ringing and create more junk and plateaus below 1.5kHz)
Not too shabby at all, considering solid plate tests were used. The FR could be more linear, but it's actually fairly clean for what it is. I'll post a 2kHz+ version of the usual anechoic plate tests later.
Edited by purrin - 9/30/11 at 10:13am
- Headphone CSD waterfall plots
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Phonitor Mini 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 6 minutes ago
- › In the market for new cables and need help 7 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro Impressions, & Discussion Thread! 8 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 11 minutes ago
- › High-end Headphone Decision 11 minutes ago
- › NEW! Bose QC25 2014 12 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)