I just crossed my legs.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- productFostex T50RP Closed Ear Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF-2 Headphonestagged by System, 8/16/11
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 9/13/11
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/16/11
- productKoss ESP-950 Electrostatic Stereophonetagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/16/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/16/11
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 9/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Comfortable headband for Grado PS1000 Last post on 9/5/11 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 4/16/16 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- ++RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD For High-end Audio (headphone) ++ i.e. Don't start a new thread:... Last post on 9/16/12 at 5:01am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
I really like the t-90; I have had them for about two months and really enjoy the brightness. I also have the T70p and the t-5p second gen. I like the t70p better than anything so far. The t 90...
At the time of the review, the Unique Melody Miracle V2 was was on sale at Musicteck’s online store. Although the model I am reviewing today is not currently listed, Musicteck is currently...
Quick Review : I bought them for casual listening and mixing and mastering purpose. I'm not disappointed by the sound signature. Things I'd like to stay the way they are: 1. frequency...
I have previously given a positive review for the Philips SHE3590, a cheap IEM that sounds good. I purchased the Philips SHE3595 because it looks like the SHE3590, has a microphone and it was...
Introduction – This is getting ridiculous, with a $5 RRP, the VE Monk+ is cheaper than most cables. The VE Monk+ is an update to the highly regarded VE Monk, one of the most awarded and most...
Headphone CSD waterfall plots - Page 17post #241 of 9379/28/11 at 8:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #242 of 9379/28/11 at 8:59pm
Unfortunately, I don't have a proper amp yet, just an SRD-7/SB transformer box. (If I can get a nice, professional-looking enclosure for it, though, I'd consider breaking out the soldering iron and building my own ExStatA solid-state.)
Sending over the Onkyo TX-SV515PRO I use to feed it would cost far too much in terms of shipping given its sheer bulk and weight. I'd have to hope that he has a speaker power amp on hand to power the transformer box, and chances are it won't have the exact same sound signature. (That may be for the better, for all I know.)post #243 of 9379/28/11 at 9:05pmThread StarterQuote:
Amazing. Sounds like a real soprano - not a countertenor doing a falsetto. Obviously well trained and extremely talented. Wow.post #244 of 9379/28/11 at 10:10pmpost #245 of 9379/28/11 at 10:16pmThread StarterHeh. The music program didn't exactly list "Dude who sings soprano." We just thought we were going to hear a Baroque motet with dudes and girls, not a dude, girl, and another dude that sang like girl.post #246 of 9379/28/11 at 10:56pmThread Starterpost #248 of 9379/29/11 at 1:27amQuote:
Gotta say that I am a bit envious. It's not everyday you get to hear a castrato sing live.post #249 of 9379/29/11 at 10:03amThread StarterQuote:
I haven't tried one cup at a time. One channels does show worse ringing than the other.post #250 of 9379/29/11 at 1:32pmQuote:
Purrin, I'll bring over my vintage RS-1's in case you want to double check anything.post #251 of 9379/29/11 at 1:52pmpost #252 of 9379/29/11 at 10:18pmThread Starterpost #253 of 9379/29/11 at 10:39pmpost #254 of 9379/29/11 at 10:52pmThread Starter
It's my understanding that there is a rev2 which is improved over the original version measured here.
I'll be sticking with my recent practice of providing my initial listening impressions before the measurements. LFF was with me so he can attest to the accuracy of (or lack of) my predictions. This is fun. OK here it goes:
Hmm. Wierd. Really midrangy. Some (good) bass. Doesn't seem extended up top. Unbalanced tonally. A midrange bump at 1kHz. Some ringing around 3kHz? Not a bad spot for ringing to occur, but it's still there. Nothing offensive up top. Maybe some very slight ringing at two spots in the treble? This headphone just sounds messed up. Lacks resolution. Not fun to listen to. Taking them off.
OK, here's how it looks like:
That's just messed up.
Edited by purrin - 11/23/11 at 10:38pmpost #255 of 9379/29/11 at 11:17pmThread Starter
Hmm. Fashion headphones. Smallish supra-aural. Hmm. These can't be good. <Putting them on> Wow. Surprising they don't sound that bad. Hey, I'm still listening to them. They are giving me some musical information. Yup. Going to listen to a few more tracks. I can't believe I'm not finding them offensive for what they are. Maybe it was my extremely low expectations upon first seeing them. Wait. K.D. Lang voice's is a bit bumped up. At least these work well for popular music. Broad peak at 2kHz? No appreciable ringing heard. That's impressive. Rolled off.
Lets go. (I had to to solid plate tests for these because of the supra-aural design. The solid plate tests tend to emphasize any ringing and create more junk and plateaus below 1.5kHz)
Not too shabby at all, considering solid plate tests were used. The FR could be more linear, but it's actually fairly clean for what it is. I'll post a 2kHz+ version of the usual anechoic plate tests later.
Edited by purrin - 9/30/11 at 10:13am
- Headphone CSD waterfall plots
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 33 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Prog rock 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi USB DAC 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by BloodyPenguin
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by glennkresge
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by vapman
- › Rhapsodio Solar by ezekiel77
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse