Very interested in this. Seems like it would make a kick-ass portable rig alongside my Sansa Clip+.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 8/16/11
- productFiio E3 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/16/11
- productFiiO E5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 8/18/11
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/16/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/16/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- amp for Ipod & IEM? Last post on 6/5/12 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E5 vs. E1 vs. E3 - Review, Overview, with Videos included! Last post on 1/22/12 at 3:04am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fake FiiO Warning Last post on 1/16/11 at 10:22am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E5 or Gary's PA2V2? Last post on 9/27/10 at 9:25am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which IEMs would you suggest that don't exceed ~$80? (details listed) Last post on 9/25/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page) - Page 2post #16 of 5438/9/11 at 9:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 5438/9/11 at 10:02pmQuote:
Sounds great! So will this amp pretty much just be replacing the E5 then?post #18 of 5438/9/11 at 10:51pmThread StarterQuote:
I would think so as well.
I think that's FiiO's plan.post #19 of 5438/10/11 at 4:45ampost #20 of 5438/10/11 at 6:23amThread StarterQuote:
That depends how much power you need (* what you are trying to drive) and what your definition of 'change'. FiiO has always aimed for a neutral and transparent sound. If that's not what you want, there are other amps that provide coloration among with power.post #21 of 5438/10/11 at 7:33ampost #22 of 5438/10/11 at 7:44am
ClieOS, what about hiss from E6? Is this amp more suitable for high- efficiency low- impedance IEM's? I find E11 is too loud to listen comfortably on my SM3's. Do You know what is the output impedance of E6?post #23 of 5438/10/11 at 8:23amThread StarterQuote:
With E5, there isn't much of a point. But with E6, the EQ (especially EQ2) itself is more than worth the admission fee. Plus I didn't find E6 to degrade Clip+ sound. If anything, it makes the headphone-out sounds less compressed.
I can still hear hiss with the most hiss-prone IEM in my collection, the Shure SE530, but it is a tad lower than on E5. Like on E5, the hiss level increases with volume and it is mostly silent when the volume is below half of the total volume. Assuming the source has decent output, it is almost impossible to listen to SE530 at that high of a volume, so I have no worry there. Don't know how it will be with SM3 though, especially since E11 is totally different to E6 in design.
As for output impedance, I don't know the number nor have any gear to measure it. But I will venture a guess and say it is probably close to E5 and E7 since the amp section should be very similar. That means it will be around 0 to 1 ohm. Well, I'll ask to confirm.post #24 of 5438/10/11 at 10:33amThread Starter
Just got some confirmation:
1) Though the opamps are the same as in E7, the overall structure on the amp section design is different. Now the preamp stage works with +/- power supply to give better performance.
2) The output impedance should be < 1 ohm.post #25 of 5438/10/11 at 11:38ampost #26 of 5438/10/11 at 11:48amThread Starterpost #27 of 5438/10/11 at 12:17pmpost #28 of 5438/10/11 at 6:52pmThread Starter
The listed spec says over 10 hours. I haven't had the time to test it yet.
post #29 of 5438/11/11 at 4:48pm
ClieOS, how would this compare to a cmoyBB?
Also, have you paired the E6 with an Xcape IE? I find the IE to be good straight from my Fuze, but it does need fairly high volume.
Hoping something small like an E6 could take the xcape to a higher level. Maybe more bass definition and soundstage (with LOD from Fuze)?
Edited by jowens - 8/11/11 at 6:19pmpost #30 of 5438/11/11 at 6:59pm
- FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 51 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 55 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 5 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 7 minutes ago
- › Good sleeping in ear headphones? 9 minutes ago
- › DC Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, November 1, 2014 9 minutes ago
- › DT1350 Loses Left Side Sound , Fixed By Plugging Into Other Jack -... 11 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 12 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)