Very interested in this. Seems like it would make a kick-ass portable rig alongside my Sansa Clip+.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 8/16/11
- productFiio E3 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/16/11
- productFiiO E5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 8/18/11
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/16/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/16/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- amp for Ipod & IEM? Last post on 6/5/12 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E5 vs. E1 vs. E3 - Review, Overview, with Videos included! Last post on 1/22/12 at 3:04am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fake FiiO Warning Last post on 1/16/11 at 10:22am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E5 or Gary's PA2V2? Last post on 9/27/10 at 9:25am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which IEMs would you suggest that don't exceed ~$80? (details listed) Last post on 9/25/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
Great sound, strong bass, great construct quality, very confortable, warm sound. This is a real overall headphone. Everything will sound good on it (not a real reference headphone). Fantastic for...
Great sound, great tone, very well balanced, very clean, great bass (not lacking), detailed sound. Everything sounds great on the SENNHEISER HD 598.
Fantastic Reference Headphones, fantastic sound clarity and definition. The soundstage is the best! Incredible detailed sound and instruments separation. Not for everyone. This is a very honest...
FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page) - Page 2post #16 of 5918/9/11 at 9:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 5918/9/11 at 10:02pmQuote:
Sounds great! So will this amp pretty much just be replacing the E5 then?post #18 of 5918/9/11 at 10:51pmThread StarterQuote:
I would think so as well.
I think that's FiiO's plan.post #19 of 5918/10/11 at 4:45ampost #20 of 5918/10/11 at 6:23amThread StarterQuote:
That depends how much power you need (* what you are trying to drive) and what your definition of 'change'. FiiO has always aimed for a neutral and transparent sound. If that's not what you want, there are other amps that provide coloration among with power.post #21 of 5918/10/11 at 7:33ampost #22 of 5918/10/11 at 7:44am
ClieOS, what about hiss from E6? Is this amp more suitable for high- efficiency low- impedance IEM's? I find E11 is too loud to listen comfortably on my SM3's. Do You know what is the output impedance of E6?post #23 of 5918/10/11 at 8:23amThread StarterQuote:
With E5, there isn't much of a point. But with E6, the EQ (especially EQ2) itself is more than worth the admission fee. Plus I didn't find E6 to degrade Clip+ sound. If anything, it makes the headphone-out sounds less compressed.
I can still hear hiss with the most hiss-prone IEM in my collection, the Shure SE530, but it is a tad lower than on E5. Like on E5, the hiss level increases with volume and it is mostly silent when the volume is below half of the total volume. Assuming the source has decent output, it is almost impossible to listen to SE530 at that high of a volume, so I have no worry there. Don't know how it will be with SM3 though, especially since E11 is totally different to E6 in design.
As for output impedance, I don't know the number nor have any gear to measure it. But I will venture a guess and say it is probably close to E5 and E7 since the amp section should be very similar. That means it will be around 0 to 1 ohm. Well, I'll ask to confirm.post #24 of 5918/10/11 at 10:33amThread Starter
Just got some confirmation:
1) Though the opamps are the same as in E7, the overall structure on the amp section design is different. Now the preamp stage works with +/- power supply to give better performance.
2) The output impedance should be < 1 ohm.post #25 of 5918/10/11 at 11:38ampost #26 of 5918/10/11 at 11:48amThread Starterpost #27 of 5918/10/11 at 12:17pmpost #28 of 5918/10/11 at 6:52pmThread Starter
The listed spec says over 10 hours. I haven't had the time to test it yet.
post #29 of 5918/11/11 at 4:48pm
ClieOS, how would this compare to a cmoyBB?
Also, have you paired the E6 with an Xcape IE? I find the IE to be good straight from my Fuze, but it does need fairly high volume.
Hoping something small like an E6 could take the xcape to a higher level. Maybe more bass definition and soundstage (with LOD from Fuze)?
Edited by jowens - 8/11/11 at 6:19pmpost #30 of 5918/11/11 at 6:59pm
- FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 38 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 41 seconds ago
- › HTC One M9 review "even louder than M8" 49 seconds ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for good headphones in my price range 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 4 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 5 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by DJScope
- › HUM Pervasion - Android DAP by DJScope
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2