Very interested in this. Seems like it would make a kick-ass portable rig alongside my Sansa Clip+.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 8/17/11
- productFiio E3 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/16/11
- productFiiO E5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 8/18/11
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/16/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/17/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- amp for Ipod & IEM? Last post on 6/5/12 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E5 vs. E1 vs. E3 - Review, Overview, with Videos included! Last post on 1/22/12 at 3:04am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fake FiiO Warning Last post on 1/16/11 at 10:22am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E5 or Gary's PA2V2? Last post on 9/27/10 at 9:25am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which IEMs would you suggest that don't exceed ~$80? (details listed) Last post on 9/25/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page) - Page 2post #16 of 4708/9/11 at 9:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 4708/9/11 at 10:02pmQuote:
Sounds great! So will this amp pretty much just be replacing the E5 then?post #18 of 4708/9/11 at 10:51pmThread StarterQuote:
I would think so as well.
I think that's FiiO's plan.post #19 of 4708/10/11 at 4:45ampost #20 of 4708/10/11 at 6:23amThread StarterQuote:
That depends how much power you need (* what you are trying to drive) and what your definition of 'change'. FiiO has always aimed for a neutral and transparent sound. If that's not what you want, there are other amps that provide coloration among with power.post #21 of 4708/10/11 at 7:33ampost #22 of 4708/10/11 at 7:44am
ClieOS, what about hiss from E6? Is this amp more suitable for high- efficiency low- impedance IEM's? I find E11 is too loud to listen comfortably on my SM3's. Do You know what is the output impedance of E6?post #23 of 4708/10/11 at 8:23amThread StarterQuote:
With E5, there isn't much of a point. But with E6, the EQ (especially EQ2) itself is more than worth the admission fee. Plus I didn't find E6 to degrade Clip+ sound. If anything, it makes the headphone-out sounds less compressed.
I can still hear hiss with the most hiss-prone IEM in my collection, the Shure SE530, but it is a tad lower than on E5. Like on E5, the hiss level increases with volume and it is mostly silent when the volume is below half of the total volume. Assuming the source has decent output, it is almost impossible to listen to SE530 at that high of a volume, so I have no worry there. Don't know how it will be with SM3 though, especially since E11 is totally different to E6 in design.
As for output impedance, I don't know the number nor have any gear to measure it. But I will venture a guess and say it is probably close to E5 and E7 since the amp section should be very similar. That means it will be around 0 to 1 ohm. Well, I'll ask to confirm.post #24 of 4708/10/11 at 10:33amThread Starter
Just got some confirmation:
1) Though the opamps are the same as in E7, the overall structure on the amp section design is different. Now the preamp stage works with +/- power supply to give better performance.
2) The output impedance should be < 1 ohm.post #25 of 4708/10/11 at 11:38ampost #26 of 4708/10/11 at 11:48amThread Starterpost #27 of 4708/10/11 at 12:17pmpost #28 of 4708/10/11 at 6:52pmThread Starter
The listed spec says over 10 hours. I haven't had the time to test it yet.
post #29 of 4708/11/11 at 4:48pm
ClieOS, how would this compare to a cmoyBB?
Also, have you paired the E6 with an Xcape IE? I find the IE to be good straight from my Fuze, but it does need fairly high volume.
Hoping something small like an E6 could take the xcape to a higher level. Maybe more bass definition and soundstage (with LOD from Fuze)?
Edited by jowens - 8/11/11 at 6:19pmpost #30 of 4708/11/11 at 6:59pm
- FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Review & Appreciation: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level... 27 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 32 seconds ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 35 seconds ago
- › USB to Dual XLR (Rokit 8) 1 minute ago
- › XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread. 2 minutes ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › westone star foam tips,best tips i have used 4 minutes ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi