I like the look of the XBR 700s actually... and they have a hollow ear cup but wont go all the way around my ears and press in underneath...
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 8/8/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 8/8/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/8/11
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 8/8/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Last post on 8/28/11 at 11:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which impedance for DT770? Last post on 12/5/10 at 9:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Worried about durability, D2000 vs DT770 Last post on 11/16/10 at 1:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO THOUGHTS Last post on 2/5/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- beyerdynamic DT-770 Pre (600 Ohm) Impressions Last post on 9/30/11 at 9:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
very picky customer needs help buying IN THE UK - Page 2post #16 of 1868/8/11 at 1:41pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1868/8/11 at 1:42pmpost #18 of 1868/8/11 at 1:42pmThread Starterpost #19 of 1868/8/11 at 1:42pmpost #20 of 1868/8/11 at 1:44pm
Those Bose are ON-ears which means your ears will get sore with extended use, and Bose is (ironically) not that good when it comes to sound quality, they don't have any famous headphones or IEM's around here, they're more regarded for their car speakers and stuff.post #21 of 1868/8/11 at 1:46pmThread Starter
The sonys i got on with were on-ear one too, sadly they were badly lacking in sound quality hence me going for something with more punch...
this is like a minefield! one wants to not have to keep repeating purchases, kwim?post #22 of 1868/8/11 at 1:48pmThread Starterpost #23 of 1868/8/11 at 1:49pm
Wellllll consider the Sony ZX700 and Audio Technica AD700 then, since they are both regarded as having the best sound quality in the sub-$100 range.post #24 of 1868/8/11 at 1:54pmThread Starterpost #25 of 1868/8/11 at 1:55pm
Another options for ya is Sennheiser's HD555. It's soft velor pads have worked well with users that wear glasses, though its open-air design provides little to no sound isolation.
Edited by Digital-Pride - 8/8/11 at 1:57pmpost #26 of 1868/8/11 at 1:59pm
What's a POSS?
If you like the look of the ZX700, get them, they are even better than the XB700 (except the XB is better in bass impact, but that's it)post #27 of 1868/8/11 at 2:02pm
OHH yeah and I've been forgetting the classic... Koss PortaPro
The PortaPro even have a "soft" and "hard" switch on the headband, which is pretty cool.
I bought them back when they were really popular and used them for YEARS.post #28 of 1868/8/11 at 2:03pmQuote:
I promise the AD line's wing headband will not give you a headache. People often say that it feels like they're not even wearing headphones, but the two wings exert so little pressure that you really feel like there's no headband. However, I don't know if they'd be up your alley sonically.post #29 of 1868/8/11 at 2:03pmThread Starterpost #30 of 1868/8/11 at 2:07pm
No idea about that Denon but you're looking at the right brands!
Jays, Sony, Audio-Technica, Denon, Ultrasone, Beyerdynamic... these are the correct brands when it comes to sound, not Dr. Dre and Bose and Philips they're call garb
- very picky customer needs help buying IN THE UK
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 39 seconds ago
- › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] 55 seconds ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 1 minute ago
- › Tools for Analyzing the Quality of Mastering 2 minutes ago
- › Jiu-Jitsu Fi! 2 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Hey guys could you recommend a sub ~$100 amp for my Sennheiser G4ME... 4 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone New performance Serie: 840, 860 & 880 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Need recommendations(help) on IEM 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)