I like the look of the XBR 700s actually... and they have a hollow ear cup but wont go all the way around my ears and press in underneath...
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 8/8/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 8/8/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/8/11
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 8/8/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Last post on 8/28/11 at 11:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which impedance for DT770? Last post on 12/5/10 at 9:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Worried about durability, D2000 vs DT770 Last post on 11/16/10 at 1:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO THOUGHTS Last post on 2/5/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- beyerdynamic DT-770 Pre (600 Ohm) Impressions Last post on 9/30/11 at 9:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I still have yet to give anything 5 stars. The SR-202, for me, is a solid option for alternatives to the HD700, if you can find them without breaking the bank. I will start with the things I...
Fidue A65 Thanks to tony from hifiheadphones for letting me be part of the UK tour. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Drivers: Custom 8mm dynamic driver with Titanium...
Background When was the last time you used a pair of earbuds? Perhaps you use your Apple Earpods at work to remain inconspicuous, or maybe you are one of the many who have purchased the VE...
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Preamble:Pai Audio (http://www.paiaudio.com/indexEn.asp) is a relatively new audio company and based in Shenzhen, China. Established in 2014, they have specialised in manufacturing in-ears....
very picky customer needs help buying IN THE UK - Page 2post #16 of 1868/8/11 at 1:41pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1868/8/11 at 1:42pmpost #18 of 1868/8/11 at 1:42pmThread Starterpost #19 of 1868/8/11 at 1:42pmpost #20 of 1868/8/11 at 1:44pm
Those Bose are ON-ears which means your ears will get sore with extended use, and Bose is (ironically) not that good when it comes to sound quality, they don't have any famous headphones or IEM's around here, they're more regarded for their car speakers and stuff.post #21 of 1868/8/11 at 1:46pmThread Starter
The sonys i got on with were on-ear one too, sadly they were badly lacking in sound quality hence me going for something with more punch...
this is like a minefield! one wants to not have to keep repeating purchases, kwim?post #22 of 1868/8/11 at 1:48pmThread Starterpost #23 of 1868/8/11 at 1:49pm
Wellllll consider the Sony ZX700 and Audio Technica AD700 then, since they are both regarded as having the best sound quality in the sub-$100 range.post #24 of 1868/8/11 at 1:54pmThread Starterpost #25 of 1868/8/11 at 1:55pm
Another options for ya is Sennheiser's HD555. It's soft velor pads have worked well with users that wear glasses, though its open-air design provides little to no sound isolation.
Edited by Digital-Pride - 8/8/11 at 1:57pmpost #26 of 1868/8/11 at 1:59pm
What's a POSS?
If you like the look of the ZX700, get them, they are even better than the XB700 (except the XB is better in bass impact, but that's it)post #27 of 1868/8/11 at 2:02pm
OHH yeah and I've been forgetting the classic... Koss PortaPro
The PortaPro even have a "soft" and "hard" switch on the headband, which is pretty cool.
I bought them back when they were really popular and used them for YEARS.post #28 of 1868/8/11 at 2:03pmQuote:
I promise the AD line's wing headband will not give you a headache. People often say that it feels like they're not even wearing headphones, but the two wings exert so little pressure that you really feel like there's no headband. However, I don't know if they'd be up your alley sonically.post #29 of 1868/8/11 at 2:03pmThread Starterpost #30 of 1868/8/11 at 2:07pm
No idea about that Denon but you're looking at the right brands!
Jays, Sony, Audio-Technica, Denon, Ultrasone, Beyerdynamic... these are the correct brands when it comes to sound, not Dr. Dre and Bose and Philips they're call garb
- very picky customer needs help buying IN THE UK
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 4 seconds ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 12 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 26 seconds ago
- › How to eliminate stuttering in audio players? 1 minute ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 1 minute ago
- › Asgard 2 vs Vintage Kenwood. Kenwood sounds better. 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Help, looking for a new pair of over ear headphones 3 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...