I like the look of the XBR 700s actually... and they have a hollow ear cup but wont go all the way around my ears and press in underneath...
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 8/8/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 8/8/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/8/11
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 8/8/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Last post on 8/28/11 at 11:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which impedance for DT770? Last post on 12/5/10 at 9:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Worried about durability, D2000 vs DT770 Last post on 11/16/10 at 1:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO THOUGHTS Last post on 2/5/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- beyerdynamic DT-770 Pre (600 Ohm) Impressions Last post on 9/30/11 at 9:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
very picky customer needs help buying IN THE UK - Page 2post #16 of 1868/8/11 at 1:41pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1868/8/11 at 1:42pmpost #18 of 1868/8/11 at 1:42pmThread Starterpost #19 of 1868/8/11 at 1:42pmpost #20 of 1868/8/11 at 1:44pm
Those Bose are ON-ears which means your ears will get sore with extended use, and Bose is (ironically) not that good when it comes to sound quality, they don't have any famous headphones or IEM's around here, they're more regarded for their car speakers and stuff.post #21 of 1868/8/11 at 1:46pmThread Starter
The sonys i got on with were on-ear one too, sadly they were badly lacking in sound quality hence me going for something with more punch...
this is like a minefield! one wants to not have to keep repeating purchases, kwim?post #22 of 1868/8/11 at 1:48pmThread Starterpost #23 of 1868/8/11 at 1:49pm
Wellllll consider the Sony ZX700 and Audio Technica AD700 then, since they are both regarded as having the best sound quality in the sub-$100 range.post #24 of 1868/8/11 at 1:54pmThread Starterpost #25 of 1868/8/11 at 1:55pm
Another options for ya is Sennheiser's HD555. It's soft velor pads have worked well with users that wear glasses, though its open-air design provides little to no sound isolation.
Edited by Digital-Pride - 8/8/11 at 1:57pmpost #26 of 1868/8/11 at 1:59pm
What's a POSS?
If you like the look of the ZX700, get them, they are even better than the XB700 (except the XB is better in bass impact, but that's it)post #27 of 1868/8/11 at 2:02pm
OHH yeah and I've been forgetting the classic... Koss PortaPro
The PortaPro even have a "soft" and "hard" switch on the headband, which is pretty cool.
I bought them back when they were really popular and used them for YEARS.post #28 of 1868/8/11 at 2:03pmQuote:
I promise the AD line's wing headband will not give you a headache. People often say that it feels like they're not even wearing headphones, but the two wings exert so little pressure that you really feel like there's no headband. However, I don't know if they'd be up your alley sonically.post #29 of 1868/8/11 at 2:03pmThread Starterpost #30 of 1868/8/11 at 2:07pm
No idea about that Denon but you're looking at the right brands!
Jays, Sony, Audio-Technica, Denon, Ultrasone, Beyerdynamic... these are the correct brands when it comes to sound, not Dr. Dre and Bose and Philips they're call garb
- very picky customer needs help buying IN THE UK
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 28 seconds ago
- › FS/FT Hifiman HE-560 Mint W original receipt and warranty 2 minutes ago
- › Best "value for money" portable headphones Amp/DAC for Bowers &... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio card for stereo in my computer? sound blaster z? ODAC? FiiO E10? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH M50x or AKG K702s? 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Keyboard-Fi 4 minutes ago
- › FS: New V-Moda M100 (matte black) + XL Pads 4 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)