I like the look of the XBR 700s actually... and they have a hollow ear cup but wont go all the way around my ears and press in underneath...
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 8/8/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 8/8/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/8/11
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 8/8/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Last post on 8/28/11 at 11:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which impedance for DT770? Last post on 12/5/10 at 9:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Worried about durability, D2000 vs DT770 Last post on 11/16/10 at 1:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO THOUGHTS Last post on 2/5/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- beyerdynamic DT-770 Pre (600 Ohm) Impressions Last post on 9/30/11 at 9:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is my second attempt at a review of the Brainwavz S5, my first attempt ended up in the bin yesterday, as I was looking at it from the wrong angle (some forum members wanted a comparison to...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
very picky customer needs help buying IN THE UK - Page 2post #16 of 1868/8/11 at 1:41pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1868/8/11 at 1:42pmpost #18 of 1868/8/11 at 1:42pmThread Starterpost #19 of 1868/8/11 at 1:42pmpost #20 of 1868/8/11 at 1:44pm
Those Bose are ON-ears which means your ears will get sore with extended use, and Bose is (ironically) not that good when it comes to sound quality, they don't have any famous headphones or IEM's around here, they're more regarded for their car speakers and stuff.post #21 of 1868/8/11 at 1:46pmThread Starter
The sonys i got on with were on-ear one too, sadly they were badly lacking in sound quality hence me going for something with more punch...
this is like a minefield! one wants to not have to keep repeating purchases, kwim?post #22 of 1868/8/11 at 1:48pmThread Starterpost #23 of 1868/8/11 at 1:49pm
Wellllll consider the Sony ZX700 and Audio Technica AD700 then, since they are both regarded as having the best sound quality in the sub-$100 range.post #24 of 1868/8/11 at 1:54pmThread Starterpost #25 of 1868/8/11 at 1:55pm
Another options for ya is Sennheiser's HD555. It's soft velor pads have worked well with users that wear glasses, though its open-air design provides little to no sound isolation.
Edited by Digital-Pride - 8/8/11 at 1:57pmpost #26 of 1868/8/11 at 1:59pm
What's a POSS?
If you like the look of the ZX700, get them, they are even better than the XB700 (except the XB is better in bass impact, but that's it)post #27 of 1868/8/11 at 2:02pm
OHH yeah and I've been forgetting the classic... Koss PortaPro
The PortaPro even have a "soft" and "hard" switch on the headband, which is pretty cool.
I bought them back when they were really popular and used them for YEARS.post #28 of 1868/8/11 at 2:03pmQuote:
I promise the AD line's wing headband will not give you a headache. People often say that it feels like they're not even wearing headphones, but the two wings exert so little pressure that you really feel like there's no headband. However, I don't know if they'd be up your alley sonically.post #29 of 1868/8/11 at 2:03pmThread Starterpost #30 of 1868/8/11 at 2:07pm
No idea about that Denon but you're looking at the right brands!
Jays, Sony, Audio-Technica, Denon, Ultrasone, Beyerdynamic... these are the correct brands when it comes to sound, not Dr. Dre and Bose and Philips they're call garb
- very picky customer needs help buying IN THE UK
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Home Audiophile Setup Advise Required 3 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 8 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › -The Discovery of the New Ivery IS-1 (or Liberty 1’s) -Believe the... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 19 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Duncan
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)