I like the look of the XBR 700s actually... and they have a hollow ear cup but wont go all the way around my ears and press in underneath...
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 8/8/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 8/8/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/8/11
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by System, 8/8/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 8/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Last post on 8/28/11 at 11:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which impedance for DT770? Last post on 12/5/10 at 9:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Worried about durability, D2000 vs DT770 Last post on 11/16/10 at 1:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO THOUGHTS Last post on 2/5/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- beyerdynamic DT-770 Pre (600 Ohm) Impressions Last post on 9/30/11 at 9:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Firstly I would like to thank 1More for sending me this sample to review, I always try to write honest reviews, these received over 50hrs of burn-in before review, no differences were...
As list in the summary, I don't like this product, and I will not buy any product from Philips because of the post-sale service. After I tried replacing all of the ear-pieces in the box, I...
Introduction – When I was first looking into a set of computer speakers, many brands tickled my ear but few really caught my eye. Edifier are a perfect example of a brand renowned for their...
Mine developed a noisy right channel after a relatively short time. Cambridge Tech support was poor and customer support was just as bad. This company is pennywise and pound foolish and should...
I’ve worked with Accutone IEMs before. However, I’ve never been so thoroughly satisfied a product of theirs. Almost every build-quality complaint I’ve had before lies dead at the feet of...
very picky customer needs help buying IN THE UK - Page 2post #16 of 1868/8/11 at 1:41pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1868/8/11 at 1:42pmpost #18 of 1868/8/11 at 1:42pmThread Starterpost #19 of 1868/8/11 at 1:42pmpost #20 of 1868/8/11 at 1:44pm
Those Bose are ON-ears which means your ears will get sore with extended use, and Bose is (ironically) not that good when it comes to sound quality, they don't have any famous headphones or IEM's around here, they're more regarded for their car speakers and stuff.post #21 of 1868/8/11 at 1:46pmThread Starter
The sonys i got on with were on-ear one too, sadly they were badly lacking in sound quality hence me going for something with more punch...
this is like a minefield! one wants to not have to keep repeating purchases, kwim?post #22 of 1868/8/11 at 1:48pmThread Starterpost #23 of 1868/8/11 at 1:49pm
Wellllll consider the Sony ZX700 and Audio Technica AD700 then, since they are both regarded as having the best sound quality in the sub-$100 range.post #24 of 1868/8/11 at 1:54pmThread Starterpost #25 of 1868/8/11 at 1:55pm
Another options for ya is Sennheiser's HD555. It's soft velor pads have worked well with users that wear glasses, though its open-air design provides little to no sound isolation.
Edited by Digital-Pride - 8/8/11 at 1:57pmpost #26 of 1868/8/11 at 1:59pm
What's a POSS?
If you like the look of the ZX700, get them, they are even better than the XB700 (except the XB is better in bass impact, but that's it)post #27 of 1868/8/11 at 2:02pm
OHH yeah and I've been forgetting the classic... Koss PortaPro
The PortaPro even have a "soft" and "hard" switch on the headband, which is pretty cool.
I bought them back when they were really popular and used them for YEARS.post #28 of 1868/8/11 at 2:03pmQuote:
I promise the AD line's wing headband will not give you a headache. People often say that it feels like they're not even wearing headphones, but the two wings exert so little pressure that you really feel like there's no headband. However, I don't know if they'd be up your alley sonically.post #29 of 1868/8/11 at 2:03pmThread Starterpost #30 of 1868/8/11 at 2:07pm
No idea about that Denon but you're looking at the right brands!
Jays, Sony, Audio-Technica, Denon, Ultrasone, Beyerdynamic... these are the correct brands when it comes to sound, not Dr. Dre and Bose and Philips they're call garb
- very picky customer needs help buying IN THE UK
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › HD598 Dac/Amp Recommendations w/ mic in 50 seconds ago
- › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Modding the Sennheiser pc350 headset 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 7 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 8 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Malfunkt
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by bhazard
- › Brainwavz Jive by B9Scrambler
- › iFi Nano iUSB 3.0 Power Supply by Army-Firedawg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...