Thank you OP for your impressions. I am currently seeing if I want to go down the HD650 or LCD2 path, so this was very helpful.
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012! Last post on 12/23/13 at 7:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2's as noisy as Open Ear Cans? Last post on 10/1/11 at 7:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next best heaphones to HD 800 using a NuForce icon HDP Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- SHORT REVIEWS: Ok, now I have LCD-2, D7000... what next? Last post on 7/25/12 at 5:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ortho and Sound stage? Last post on 7/7/11 at 10:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I currently had done a review for the Fostex HP-A3 DAC/amp unit, which is a couple years old, but none the less one of the best units in the price range from experience and reading material...
Bought these in an airport as my other earbuds had stopped working. Even though I bought these in an emergency I immediately regret this purchase. They are definitely worse than the old apple...
Thanks to Calyx for allowing Team Tokyo to borrow a unit for review. Note: Version 0.6 and 0.95 of the software were used for this review. The first thing many people wanted when they...
880s are part of the classic trio , 6XX-7XX and of course the 880s , I have all those headphones , my all time favourite might be the 650s but I have tons and tons of respect for the...
T-PEOS H-100II Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/726296/t-peos-h-100ii-review-by-mark2410 Thanks to T-PEOS for the sample. Brief: Crazy cheap detail monsters,...
This weekend I compared Lcd2 and HD650 - Page 3post #31 of 428/8/11 at 7:07pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 428/9/11 at 5:26amThread Starterpost #33 of 428/15/11 at 5:01pmpost #34 of 4211/28/11 at 11:06pm
Let's also remember that both the HD650 and LCD2 have two different versions so we are speaking about 4 slightly different sounding headphones to start with here.
Newer HD650 have no veil compared to the older version (pre 2007)
Similarly, LCD2 rev2 sounds more "clear" than the older rev1.
People who have directly compared each revision are unanymous and say that although the sound signature is similar, there is enough difference in the sound to easily identify which version is which. This is no minor difference here...
So it would be nice to precise what version we are commenting on, comparing...
tough hobbypost #35 of 421/2/12 at 10:19amThread StarterQuote:
Tympan, you have a good point.
My HD 650 is the later version with the silver drivers. The LCD-2 that I received were brand new and thus should have been the last version before the LCD-3 were released.post #36 of 422/13/13 at 2:11ampost #37 of 422/14/13 at 3:02amThread Starter
Maybe you are also interested in my follow-up article. Nearly a year after I compared both headphones, I bought an LCD-2 to find out, how it worked with different amps.
The baseline result is the same though. After one month, I sold the LCD-2 again.post #38 of 427/9/13 at 12:40am
Thanks a lot for the article. I'm personally very happy with the HD650s... but you can't help but want to go to the next thing sometimes.
I may still try and pick up LCD-2s in the future... but not at the expense of selling off my HD 650s and headphone amp.post #39 of 427/10/13 at 1:59amThread StarterQuote:
Yes, don't sell the HD 650. You won't get a lot of money and they are really one of the most versatile hp that I ever listened to.
If you want to toy around, cables, amps, sources and recordings are good too.
Last week for example, I auditioned a Leben CS 300 and -600 with headphones (they both hum) and high end speakers (thats what the dealer said). And the sound that we get from headphones is so much better compared to speakers, it is amazing, even with the same amp.
The only way to upgrade for me is currently the Orpheus. I listened to one at the high end fair in Munich and the sound was jaw dropping. I immediately tried a HD 800 and a Stax Lambda and Omega for comparison. The Orpheus combines the comfort of the HD 650 with a sound that makes you forget the headphones on your head. It felt as if I wore empty frames and the music happened somewhere outside. I won't forget that experience for a while.
Edited by mironathetin - 7/11/13 at 2:03ampost #40 of 4211/14/13 at 8:01pmpost #41 of 4211/15/13 at 6:27am
Very nice review, from a music-lover, I guess, for whom the music is much more important than the gear. Very nice. This is how it should be. Sennheiser HD 650 is a very nice, wonderful headphone, which is able to communicate music. I have a stax sr-x 3, which is even better. I did A-B comparison, when I bought the stax, between the Stax and the 650 to decide which one is better. Although the Stax is just in a different class compared to HD 650, after a few minutes hearing the 650, I did forget the differences, my brain adjusted and compensated the differences, and I enjoyed music as much with it as with the Stax. Currently, the HD 650 is my office rig, and I enjoy so much hearing nice music while I am working. Stax is at home( it also, should be as it requires such a backing in terms of gears).
- This weekend I compared Lcd2 and HD650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › New Audeze LCD3 3 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 9 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 1 minute ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 2 minutes ago
- › HM-901 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs) 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 proposed new functionality: add whole folders to playlist;... 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by DJPhiltheThrill
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Cachicamo
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)