Are all AKG made in Australia, or are some engineered and designed in Australia and made in China?.....I got a pair K242HD today that fely real cheaply made, I decided to look on the hp for the made in label, which was no place to be found, then decided to check the box, they had a serial number, but they said made in China. I repacked them to send back thinking they may not be authentic,It was a pretty easy decision considering I also purchased a set of Q701 today also....
- brandAKGtagged by System, 7/21/11
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 7/21/11
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 7/21/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/21/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- The beautiful AKG. No review just *** lots of pictures *** Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What is AKG's best closed-back design? Last post on 1/20/11 at 6:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- Rediscovering the AKG K701! Last post on 1/14/11 at 1:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
AKG.....Australia or Chinapost #1 of 57/16/11 at 12:10amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 57/16/11 at 12:19am...Austria, not Australia. XD. And production was moved to China some time last year for I think the entire line. Not positive about the Q701 though. There aren't any fake circumaural AKG's as of yet.post #3 of 57/16/11 at 12:21am
Some of their stuff is definitely assembled in China these days. Even some items that were previously made elsewhere are now made in China and people have had all kinds of mixed opinions on how build quality compares. I believe a good number of the parts being used are still coming out of Austria (not Australia) though.post #4 of 57/16/11 at 12:25amQuote:
According to AKG, engineering and design takes places in Austria (no kangaroos there, just Viennese waltz, Schnitzel, coffee and cake), while most models are produced in China. Allegedly only some high-end models (K/Q 70x, K271 for example) are assembled at AKG’s original head office in Vienna, Austria.
Kind regards from Austria,
Edited by wberghofer - 7/16/11 at 1:08ampost #5 of 57/16/11 at 12:26amThread StarterQuote:
thanks for the correction, the Q's are definately made in Austria......maybe I was comparing them to the build quality of the Q's
- AKG.....Australia or China
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Westone W20 or W30? 8 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 7 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 7 minutes ago
- › Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads 13 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 13 minutes ago
- › $500 DAC; Shciit Biforst Uber upgrade or Audio-GD NFB 3 13 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 14 minutes ago
- › About to buy first pair of IEMs - RHA MA750s 14 minutes ago
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)