Are all AKG made in Australia, or are some engineered and designed in Australia and made in China?.....I got a pair K242HD today that fely real cheaply made, I decided to look on the hp for the made in label, which was no place to be found, then decided to check the box, they had a serial number, but they said made in China. I repacked them to send back thinking they may not be authentic,It was a pretty easy decision considering I also purchased a set of Q701 today also....
- brandAKGtagged by System, 7/21/11
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 7/21/11
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 7/21/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/21/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- The beautiful AKG. No review just *** lots of pictures *** Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What is AKG's best closed-back design? Last post on 1/20/11 at 6:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- Rediscovering the AKG K701! Last post on 1/14/11 at 1:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I’ve been lucky on my Head-Fi journey to meet and converse with some wonderful people who...
I tried these from a shop, they did look very nice when first spotted. I wanted some nice speakers to use with my laptop, and that could be transported if I was going away for some time. The...
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
AKG.....Australia or Chinapost #1 of 57/16/11 at 12:10amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 57/16/11 at 12:19am...Austria, not Australia. XD. And production was moved to China some time last year for I think the entire line. Not positive about the Q701 though. There aren't any fake circumaural AKG's as of yet.post #3 of 57/16/11 at 12:21am
Some of their stuff is definitely assembled in China these days. Even some items that were previously made elsewhere are now made in China and people have had all kinds of mixed opinions on how build quality compares. I believe a good number of the parts being used are still coming out of Austria (not Australia) though.post #4 of 57/16/11 at 12:25amQuote:
According to AKG, engineering and design takes places in Austria (no kangaroos there, just Viennese waltz, Schnitzel, coffee and cake), while most models are produced in China. Allegedly only some high-end models (K/Q 70x, K271 for example) are assembled at AKG’s original head office in Vienna, Austria.
Kind regards from Austria,
Edited by wberghofer - 7/16/11 at 1:08ampost #5 of 57/16/11 at 12:26amThread StarterQuote:
thanks for the correction, the Q's are definately made in Austria......maybe I was comparing them to the build quality of the Q's
- AKG.....Australia or China
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Headphones for bluray movies please 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-1000 Review 2 minutes ago
- › Angstrom 200 Surround Sound Processor / DAC / Preamp (90's vintage) 3 minutes ago
- › Please help! HD700's - Lyr 2 vs Valhalla 2? 4 minutes ago
- › Beresford Capella Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › What Do You Do When It Starts Raining? 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3