Are all AKG made in Australia, or are some engineered and designed in Australia and made in China?.....I got a pair K242HD today that fely real cheaply made, I decided to look on the hp for the made in label, which was no place to be found, then decided to check the box, they had a serial number, but they said made in China. I repacked them to send back thinking they may not be authentic,It was a pretty easy decision considering I also purchased a set of Q701 today also....
- brandAKGtagged by System, 7/21/11
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 7/21/11
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 7/21/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/21/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- The beautiful AKG. No review just *** lots of pictures *** Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What is AKG's best closed-back design? Last post on 1/20/11 at 6:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- Rediscovering the AKG K701! Last post on 1/14/11 at 1:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
AKG.....Australia or Chinapost #1 of 57/16/11 at 12:10amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 57/16/11 at 12:19am...Austria, not Australia. XD. And production was moved to China some time last year for I think the entire line. Not positive about the Q701 though. There aren't any fake circumaural AKG's as of yet.post #3 of 57/16/11 at 12:21am
Some of their stuff is definitely assembled in China these days. Even some items that were previously made elsewhere are now made in China and people have had all kinds of mixed opinions on how build quality compares. I believe a good number of the parts being used are still coming out of Austria (not Australia) though.post #4 of 57/16/11 at 12:25amQuote:
According to AKG, engineering and design takes places in Austria (no kangaroos there, just Viennese waltz, Schnitzel, coffee and cake), while most models are produced in China. Allegedly only some high-end models (K/Q 70x, K271 for example) are assembled at AKG’s original head office in Vienna, Austria.
Kind regards from Austria,
Edited by wberghofer - 7/16/11 at 1:08ampost #5 of 57/16/11 at 12:26amThread StarterQuote:
thanks for the correction, the Q's are definately made in Austria......maybe I was comparing them to the build quality of the Q's
- AKG.....Australia or China
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › great find:: cleanest usb audio,best sound 51 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 58 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 1 minute ago
- › Does a soundcard with 100 ohms output impedance make 32 ohm... 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 minutes ago
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear