Are all AKG made in Australia, or are some engineered and designed in Australia and made in China?.....I got a pair K242HD today that fely real cheaply made, I decided to look on the hp for the made in label, which was no place to be found, then decided to check the box, they had a serial number, but they said made in China. I repacked them to send back thinking they may not be authentic,It was a pretty easy decision considering I also purchased a set of Q701 today also....
- brandAKGtagged by System, 7/21/11
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 7/21/11
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 7/21/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/21/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- The beautiful AKG. No review just *** lots of pictures *** Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What is AKG's best closed-back design? Last post on 1/20/11 at 6:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- Rediscovering the AKG K701! Last post on 1/14/11 at 1:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
Cayin N6 Pros-quality build & sound, UI, neutralish, amp not needed Cons-battery life could be longer, large, gets warm Settings- low gain, soft, no eq. Note: I had an...
AKG.....Australia or Chinapost #1 of 57/16/11 at 12:10amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 57/16/11 at 12:19am...Austria, not Australia. XD. And production was moved to China some time last year for I think the entire line. Not positive about the Q701 though. There aren't any fake circumaural AKG's as of yet.post #3 of 57/16/11 at 12:21am
Some of their stuff is definitely assembled in China these days. Even some items that were previously made elsewhere are now made in China and people have had all kinds of mixed opinions on how build quality compares. I believe a good number of the parts being used are still coming out of Austria (not Australia) though.post #4 of 57/16/11 at 12:25amQuote:
According to AKG, engineering and design takes places in Austria (no kangaroos there, just Viennese waltz, Schnitzel, coffee and cake), while most models are produced in China. Allegedly only some high-end models (K/Q 70x, K271 for example) are assembled at AKG’s original head office in Vienna, Austria.
Kind regards from Austria,
Edited by wberghofer - 7/16/11 at 1:08ampost #5 of 57/16/11 at 12:26amThread StarterQuote:
thanks for the correction, the Q's are definately made in Austria......maybe I was comparing them to the build quality of the Q's
- AKG.....Australia or China
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Which AWG for and headphone cable wires ? 1 minute ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 2 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 3 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 6 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 10 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand + Appreciation 10 minutes ago
- › 11th Calgary Head-Fi Meet Sunday May 31st, 2015 at University of... 11 minutes ago
- › Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age 15 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2