Are all AKG made in Australia, or are some engineered and designed in Australia and made in China?.....I got a pair K242HD today that fely real cheaply made, I decided to look on the hp for the made in label, which was no place to be found, then decided to check the box, they had a serial number, but they said made in China. I repacked them to send back thinking they may not be authentic,It was a pretty easy decision considering I also purchased a set of Q701 today also....
- brandAKGtagged by System, 7/21/11
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 7/21/11
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 7/21/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/21/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- The beautiful AKG. No review just *** lots of pictures *** Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What is AKG's best closed-back design? Last post on 1/20/11 at 6:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- Rediscovering the AKG K701! Last post on 1/14/11 at 1:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
AKG.....Australia or Chinapost #1 of 57/16/11 at 12:10amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 57/16/11 at 12:19am...Austria, not Australia. XD. And production was moved to China some time last year for I think the entire line. Not positive about the Q701 though. There aren't any fake circumaural AKG's as of yet.post #3 of 57/16/11 at 12:21am
Some of their stuff is definitely assembled in China these days. Even some items that were previously made elsewhere are now made in China and people have had all kinds of mixed opinions on how build quality compares. I believe a good number of the parts being used are still coming out of Austria (not Australia) though.post #4 of 57/16/11 at 12:25amQuote:
According to AKG, engineering and design takes places in Austria (no kangaroos there, just Viennese waltz, Schnitzel, coffee and cake), while most models are produced in China. Allegedly only some high-end models (K/Q 70x, K271 for example) are assembled at AKG’s original head office in Vienna, Austria.
Kind regards from Austria,
Edited by wberghofer - 7/16/11 at 1:08ampost #5 of 57/16/11 at 12:26amThread StarterQuote:
thanks for the correction, the Q's are definately made in Austria......maybe I was comparing them to the build quality of the Q's
- AKG.....Australia or China
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 2 minutes ago
- › Failed to install the FiiO DAC driver(3.34.0) on Win 10 ver.1607? 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 6 minutes ago
- › FS: AKG K712 Pro (Made in Austria) 7 minutes ago
- › SanDisk 256GB microSD card ($149) is on its way. 10 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 11 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 11 minutes ago
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...