Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- yo. just adopted a pair of ath m50s Last post on 12/7/13 at 2:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- ath-m50s now what Last post on 12/7/13 at 8:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which budget headphone is best for listening across different varieties of music? Last post on 12/4/13 at 4:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bigger jump in sound quality: amping the m-50 or audio technica ws-99 Last post on 12/7/13 at 6:32pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ATH M50 Gaming Performance question. Last post on 12/5/13 at 9:52am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
ATH M50 Mod Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
A detachable mod would be nice. I am thinking of doing this when my V6 cable wears out.
Now the remote cable addition would be cool too if you were to recable it. It looks/feels pretty wimpy. I had one of those but ended up never using it cause it wasn't fully compatible with my old 3g. I need to upgrade my iphone anyway.
The pic was just to illustrate but yea im planing to recable. The problem is make a remote that will look good (and work). Maybe salvage the PCB re-solder buttons when im on the go and use the proper cable when home. (Original M50 jack doesnt fit with the Apple bumper anyways).
Should i recable the inside of the pair as-well with quality cable?
Planning on painting the logo in blue (or dark red) to make it stand out.
Yea not like that:
Edited by TestSubject - 7/5/11 at 11:11am
Opened my M50's and removed the damping material, i noticed that the bass sound deeper. Didnt notice anything else in the mids or treble.
is it a first impression of a more opened can? What is the purpose of this damping foam? Outside insolation?
I love modding stuff" and I also love my M 50's, but I have to say that personally, the best mod to these awesome cans is a good amp. I like the idea of iPod/pad control, so I'm in on that! But just wanted to let those who don't yet use an amp and have these cans know that a whole new world exists when the M50's have a bit more power pushing them.
I am using a Cmoy amp to power my M50's when im on the go and im am building a SSHM tube amp for a desktop use.
Im am trying to find a low profile female conector for the detachable mod. It is not easy because you dont really have a feel for the size when shopping online so i will be going to my local electronic shop to find the best suitable jack to have the least impact on the inside plastic of the cup.
I will be putting a male jack at the end of the cut stock cable when i use my M50's at home. Im sure the Monster remplacement cable with the Apple compatible remote im my best bet when on the go.
I've tried replacing the dampening material with cotton which brought out the mids but killed the bass. What I've done now is stock felt dampening material with cotton all around the cup to stop sound reaching and bouncing off the plastic.
I need new headphone pads for my M50s, I'm going to try to make my own headphone pads out of lambskin, wish me luck.
if possible, post pics of the process and finished result and comments in this thread please
thread for custom pads
It was done for me. I can take completed pictures when I get home.
I was tired of having to use my cheap iPhone headphones every time I needed to be able to talk hands-free. Using my ATH-M50 I could still talk on the phone before, but I had to listen through the headphones while talking through the phone microphone.
As for why the MPA-3C, I already had one and I didn't pay full price for it, but it works.
Hello Test Subject,
I own a pair of M50's and I am content with SQ but comfort for me is a definite negative at this point in time. Can you please tell me how the dt-250 pads feel. As they are really uncomfortable I find them really fatiguing =.
- ATH M50 Mod Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 5 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 7 seconds ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Hiss when playing 24 bit files through computer and headphones? 2 minutes ago
- › V Moda Crossfade M100, Mad dog. alpha dog or hifiman he-400 for... 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › HeadAmp.com - Black Friday and current headphone deals! (HiFiMAN... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi USB DAC 3 minutes ago
- › HELP with the T90 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi