Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- V Moda M100s worth the upgrade from Audio Technica ATH-M50s? Last post on Yesterday at 11:17 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Razer copying the looks of ATH-M50? Last post on 4/11/14 at 9:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH-440 w/HPAEC840 pads vs Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 4/22/14 at 11:24pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for Headphones + Amp for Portable + Home use. Last post on 3/6/14 at 8:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
ATH M50 Mod Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
A detachable mod would be nice. I am thinking of doing this when my V6 cable wears out.
Now the remote cable addition would be cool too if you were to recable it. It looks/feels pretty wimpy. I had one of those but ended up never using it cause it wasn't fully compatible with my old 3g. I need to upgrade my iphone anyway.
The pic was just to illustrate but yea im planing to recable. The problem is make a remote that will look good (and work). Maybe salvage the PCB re-solder buttons when im on the go and use the proper cable when home. (Original M50 jack doesnt fit with the Apple bumper anyways).
Should i recable the inside of the pair as-well with quality cable?
Planning on painting the logo in blue (or dark red) to make it stand out.
Yea not like that:
Edited by TestSubject - 7/5/11 at 11:11am
Opened my M50's and removed the damping material, i noticed that the bass sound deeper. Didnt notice anything else in the mids or treble.
is it a first impression of a more opened can? What is the purpose of this damping foam? Outside insolation?
I love modding stuff" and I also love my M 50's, but I have to say that personally, the best mod to these awesome cans is a good amp. I like the idea of iPod/pad control, so I'm in on that! But just wanted to let those who don't yet use an amp and have these cans know that a whole new world exists when the M50's have a bit more power pushing them.
I am using a Cmoy amp to power my M50's when im on the go and im am building a SSHM tube amp for a desktop use.
Im am trying to find a low profile female conector for the detachable mod. It is not easy because you dont really have a feel for the size when shopping online so i will be going to my local electronic shop to find the best suitable jack to have the least impact on the inside plastic of the cup.
I will be putting a male jack at the end of the cut stock cable when i use my M50's at home. Im sure the Monster remplacement cable with the Apple compatible remote im my best bet when on the go.
I've tried replacing the dampening material with cotton which brought out the mids but killed the bass. What I've done now is stock felt dampening material with cotton all around the cup to stop sound reaching and bouncing off the plastic.
I need new headphone pads for my M50s, I'm going to try to make my own headphone pads out of lambskin, wish me luck.
if possible, post pics of the process and finished result and comments in this thread please
thread for custom pads
It was done for me. I can take completed pictures when I get home.
I was tired of having to use my cheap iPhone headphones every time I needed to be able to talk hands-free. Using my ATH-M50 I could still talk on the phone before, but I had to listen through the headphones while talking through the phone microphone.
As for why the MPA-3C, I already had one and I didn't pay full price for it, but it works.
Hello Test Subject,
I own a pair of M50's and I am content with SQ but comfort for me is a definite negative at this point in time. Can you please tell me how the dt-250 pads feel. As they are really uncomfortable I find them really fatiguing =.
- ATH M50 Mod Thread
- › "Good" PC speakers for 100-150$ budget 38 seconds ago
- › Dasetn M760/M1/M3/AP8 earbuds Review/Impressions/Appreciation 38 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 47 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 51 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Everybody has different ears... but HOW DIFFERENT? 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › Will the Audioengine D1 be sufficient to power the Mad Dogs? 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio: NEW! WA7tp (tube PSU) Early-bird offer 4 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude