Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ATH m50's Cracking? Last post on 5/15/13 at 6:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50 is better than Sony MDR7506 Last post on 5/15/13 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Who can beat ATH-M50 in his kingdom? Last post on Yesterday at 7:52 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Soundcard for ATH-M50 for gaming Last post on 5/13/13 at 9:37pm in Computer Audio
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 with portable amp? Last post on 5/13/13 at 6:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Edited on 5/13/13
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...Edited on 5/27/12
This review is reposted from my blog: http://noblehifi.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/soundmagic-hp200-review.html Disclaimer: The HP200 was given to me by SoundMAGIC for this review. This...
Firstly let's get some things squared away: I do not believe in break-in. (Burn-in for those who don't understand terminology.) I do not believe cable materials alter sound. I do not...
The 90s have taken a while to grow on me. I found a deal for the L2s (champagne accents and cable) on AMZ Warehouse and pulled the trigger after becoming interested in JVC's dual-driver...
The DAC market is clearly exploding. Seems like every week or so we hear of a new model being launched. Many of them look quite nice, with good specs and plenty of features. Some...
very relax sounding IEM, great for relaxing, fit is awkward if u have small ears, accessories are tons but most are useless, tape mod is good! Recommended
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
ATH M50 Mod Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
A detachable mod would be nice. I am thinking of doing this when my V6 cable wears out.
Now the remote cable addition would be cool too if you were to recable it. It looks/feels pretty wimpy. I had one of those but ended up never using it cause it wasn't fully compatible with my old 3g. I need to upgrade my iphone anyway.
The pic was just to illustrate but yea im planing to recable. The problem is make a remote that will look good (and work). Maybe salvage the PCB re-solder buttons when im on the go and use the proper cable when home. (Original M50 jack doesnt fit with the Apple bumper anyways).
Should i recable the inside of the pair as-well with quality cable?
Planning on painting the logo in blue (or dark red) to make it stand out.
Yea not like that:
Edited by TestSubject - 7/5/11 at 11:11am
Opened my M50's and removed the damping material, i noticed that the bass sound deeper. Didnt notice anything else in the mids or treble.
is it a first impression of a more opened can? What is the purpose of this damping foam? Outside insolation?
I love modding stuff" and I also love my M 50's, but I have to say that personally, the best mod to these awesome cans is a good amp. I like the idea of iPod/pad control, so I'm in on that! But just wanted to let those who don't yet use an amp and have these cans know that a whole new world exists when the M50's have a bit more power pushing them.
I am using a Cmoy amp to power my M50's when im on the go and im am building a SSHM tube amp for a desktop use.
Im am trying to find a low profile female conector for the detachable mod. It is not easy because you dont really have a feel for the size when shopping online so i will be going to my local electronic shop to find the best suitable jack to have the least impact on the inside plastic of the cup.
I will be putting a male jack at the end of the cut stock cable when i use my M50's at home. Im sure the Monster remplacement cable with the Apple compatible remote im my best bet when on the go.
I've tried replacing the dampening material with cotton which brought out the mids but killed the bass. What I've done now is stock felt dampening material with cotton all around the cup to stop sound reaching and bouncing off the plastic.
I need new headphone pads for my M50s, I'm going to try to make my own headphone pads out of lambskin, wish me luck.
if possible, post pics of the process and finished result and comments in this thread please
thread for custom pads
It was done for me. I can take completed pictures when I get home.
I was tired of having to use my cheap iPhone headphones every time I needed to be able to talk hands-free. Using my ATH-M50 I could still talk on the phone before, but I had to listen through the headphones while talking through the phone microphone.
As for why the MPA-3C, I already had one and I didn't pay full price for it, but it works.
Hello Test Subject,
I own a pair of M50's and I am content with SQ but comfort for me is a definite negative at this point in time. Can you please tell me how the dt-250 pads feel. As they are really uncomfortable I find them really fatiguing =.
- ATH M50 Mod Thread
- › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 16 seconds ago
- › Album art game 24 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's musings: in the hi-fidelity, first... 44 seconds ago
- › Best set up for PS3 audio using headphone (AKG-K701) 1 minute ago
- › Earsonics sm3 V2 2 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/17/13.... 4 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 5 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP200 by Quadpatch
- › Pioneer SE-A1000 Lightweight Audiophile AV Over-Ear Headphones (Black) by CrystalT
- › JVC HA-FXT90 by JoeDoe
- › Firestone Tobby by project86
- › Sennheiser IE80 by minhquancanon7d
- › Unique Melody Miracle by Loquah
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by jeffphus
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by REvandenBERG
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by TheGame21x
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by TKWizard
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe