Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › 1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread - Page 36

post #526 of 905

 

Only the link goes inside the [IMG] tags westsider. 

post #527 of 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoxy View Post

 

Only the link goes inside the [IMG] tags westsider. 

Thanks, I thought that is what I did confused_face.gif. I guess I missed a step. I will need to turn in my mod badge at the other forum I am on.

post #528 of 905

I think they look even better now that my BTG audio Starlight cable has arrived.

post #529 of 905
How is the flexibility of that cable with the nylon cover?
post #530 of 905
The starlight cable is very flexible; just shy of twag flexibility imo. The sleeve is applied with enough give, so as to not detract from flexibility.
post #531 of 905
Nice to know, thanks. I have the sunrise without nylon and wondered how they would compare. I love the silver on the starlight!
post #532 of 905
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsider View Post

I think they look even better now that my BTG audio Starlight cable has arrived.

Yes, I have that cable too for my V6. It cuts down the tremendously wide sound stage the V6 possesses, but adds to the bass and pushes the mids and vocals up somewhat. Nice little variant on the V6 sound. I don't think one is better than the other, but if you're bent on the getting the widest sound stage possible, stick with the stock cable.

post #533 of 905

Speaking of cables...Does anyone know if the V6 cable would be the same termination as a JH16 cable?

post #534 of 905
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

Speaking of cables...Does anyone know if the V6 cable would be the same termination as a JH16 cable?

It's the same as the Westone. That's all I know. Are the JH16 and Westone's the same termination?

post #535 of 905

Yes.

post #536 of 905

1964's stock cable does seem to tangle relatively easily though, it kind of irks me sometimes.

post #537 of 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Yes, I have that cable too for my V6. It cuts down the tremendously wide sound stage the V6 possesses, but adds to the bass and pushes the mids and vocals up somewhat. Nice little variant on the V6 sound. I don't think one is better than the other, but if you're bent on the getting the widest sound stage possible, stick with the stock cable.

Eric, after listening to them for several hours now. I agree with every word you just said in that post. I am primarily using my to mix monitors for my church and local bands so sound stage is not that important to me.

 

lidster, it is a little less flexible than than the factory cable but still very flexible. I was also worried about that but after annoying Brian with a bunch of emails. eased all my concerns and I am a very happy customer.


Edited by westsider - 2/15/13 at 12:10pm
post #538 of 905
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsider View Post

Eric, after listening to them for several hours now. I agree with every word you just said in that post. I am primarily using my to mix monitors for my church and local bands so sound stage is not that important to me.

 

lidster, it is a little less flexible than than the factory cable but still very flexible. I was also worried about that but after annoying Brian with a bunch of emails. eased all my concerns and I am a very happy customer.

beerchug.gif

post #539 of 905
Has any tried I'm other cables with their v6? I've been looking at moon audio or toxic cables.
post #540 of 905

I've tried both BTG Sunrise and Chris_Himself silver plated copper. The latter is made better and sounds better. The former began oxidizing even after several months of use. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › 1964 EARS V6 Discussion & Appreciation Thread