New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looking to buy new IEMs

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 

I'm looking to buy a new pair of IEMs but I probably can't listen to them before I buy them so I'm here asking for help. 
I had a pair of Sunrise Xcape v2(they broke...) and I quite liked the sound but I'm also interested in trying a more "fun" sounding IEM so both analytical and fun sounding IEMs are interesting to me.

Right now I listen quite a lot to:
Queen (mostly the albums Greatest Hits I, II and III but also The Game and The Miracle)
Alphaville (mostly the Album Forever Young)
I also listen to The Beatles and occasionally brentalfloss and some OC remix music.

The main thing I listen to when I listen to music is the vocals(when they're actually present).
While I'm at it I should mention that I sometimes(actually quite often during the summer) listen to audiobooks and podcasts.

I sometimes listen to podcasts/music when I go to sleep so a cord that can take a beating would be nice. :)

 

I usually listen through my HTC Desire.

My budget is ~100$. (It would be nice if I in some way could get the IEMs shipped to Sweden considering that's where I live. :P )

It would be nice if you could include a link to a review of the IEMs you're suggesting or if you write a little about how they sound.

 

I think that's all the (hopefully) relevant information so you can help me make a good decision regarding my new IEMs.

Thank you in advance, Gysztaf


Edited by Gysztaf - 5/11/11 at 8:17am
post #2 of 16

Well, on a budget something like the Eterna is a good buy for something with some fun factor.

 

However, fun is relative and depends on what kind and how much coloration you want.  The most mindlessly fun earphone I've used is the Triple.Fi 10.  It's possible to find pairs affordably, but it's above the budget you're sticking with.

post #3 of 16

I would recomend the Shure SE215, fun, dynamic drivers, detachable cable, can sit flush for sleeping.

post #4 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvw2 View Post

Well, on a budget something like the Eterna is a good buy for something with some fun factor.

 

However, fun is relative and depends on what kind and how much coloration you want.  The most mindlessly fun earphone I've used is the Triple.Fi 10.  It's possible to find pairs affordably, but it's above the budget you're sticking with.


The Eterna seems like it might be fun to try out...but we'll see. :)
Can't find the Triple.Fi 10 for a(to me) reasonable price, so they are out of the race. :P

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by dziendobry View Post

I would recomend the Shure SE215, fun, dynamic drivers, detachable cable, can sit flush for sleeping.

Just like the Eterna they seem like they might be fun to try out and the fact that I can sleep comfortably with those in my ears is a huge plus.
 

 

post #5 of 16
Thread Starter 

Bump! Added some more info in the first post.

post #6 of 16
Thread Starter 

Hmm...turns out getting the SE215 to me in Sweden would cost me about 150-160$ which is a bit above my budget, so that's a no-go. Any other alternatives besides the Eternas? Or is there anyone that could find a cheaper way to get the SE215s to Sweden?


Edited by Gysztaf - 5/12/11 at 12:16pm
post #7 of 16

I'm from UK, and i got mine from USA from america for $100 USD

 

I got them from a seller called new-avforsale and it turned out fine for me (they're real). Hope this helps!

post #8 of 16

Brainwavz M3

post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2410 View Post

Brainwavz M3


+1...fantastic IEM.

 

post #10 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by transcendent12 View Post

I'm from UK, and i got mine from USA from america for $100 USD

 

I got them from a seller called new-avforsale and it turned out fine for me (they're real). Hope this helps!


Hmm...I'll look into that.
Are you sure your IEMs are real?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2410 View Post

Brainwavz M3



 

Thanks for that very describing post...Just kidding! I read about them in Joker's thread and they seem quite good, but the isolation seemed sub-par and this line kind of scares me: "The plastic process on the side of the housing is meant to hook into the antitragus of the ear but for me it just digs into it painfully."
Have you experienced this pain he describes?

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post


+1...fantastic IEM.

 

See above answer. :)

post #11 of 16

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gysztaf View Post

Thanks for that very describing post...Just kidding! I read about them in Joker's thread and they seem quite good, but the isolation seemed sub-par and this line kind of scares me: "The plastic process on the side of the housing is meant to hook into the antitragus of the ear but for me it just digs into it painfully."
Have you experienced this pain he describes?

 


I have zero fit issues at all with the M3.  The little "handle" that sticks out doesn't come in contact with my ear at all when wearing them up (either reversed or normal) and it just sits in the bottom of my ear when I wear them down, so after using the M3s for the better part of a month, I can't recommend their fit any more.  No pain or rubbing whatsoever.  Super easy to get in and get a good seal with the included Hybrid tips...probably the easiest earphone I've ever used when it comes to just putting it in and getting the seal.  The isolation isn't as good as an Ety, but what is?  It's on par with my Turbines and most other IEMs I've tried...outside of the Etymotic HF3s anyway.  :)

 

post #12 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post

 


I have zero fit issues at all with the M3.  The little "handle" that sticks out doesn't come in contact with my ear at all when wearing them up (either reversed or normal) and it just sits in the bottom of my ear when I wear them down, so after using the M3s for the better part of a month, I can't recommend their fit any more.  No pain or rubbing whatsoever.  Super easy to get in and get a good seal with the included Hybrid tips...probably the easiest earphone I've ever used when it comes to just putting it in and getting the seal.  The isolation isn't as good as an Ety, but what is?  It's on par with my Turbines and most other IEMs I've tried...outside of the Etymotic HF3s anyway.  :)

 

Ah man...now these seem great too...Why is it so hard choosing between IEMs?
What do you think of their sound?
 

 

post #13 of 16
Thread Starter 

I would appreciate it if anybody that has tried both Brainwavz M3 and Shure SE215 could give me their opinion on both of the IEMs.
Also, other suggestions are still welcome. :)

post #14 of 16
Thread Starter 

Unnecessary post.


Edited by Gysztaf - 5/18/11 at 5:37am
post #15 of 16
Thread Starter 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by transcendent12 View Post

I'm from UK, and i got mine from USA from america for $100 USD

 

I got them from a seller called new-avforsale and it turned out fine for me (they're real). Hope this helps!


Is it safe to buy from an (allegedly) authorized dealer on Ebay? Are the warranties still "active"? Is there anyway to check if the seller actually is an authorized Shure dealer?
I've heard (well, mostly read) that the Shure SE215 is an IEM that is prone to some kind of breaking and that is why I'm so reluctant to buy without any information about my warranties.

 

Also this:
Would the either Shure SE215 or Brainwavz M3 benefit from being run through an Fiio E5 instead of straight through my HTC Desire? Or is a homemade Cmoy preferred in this case?(Thinking about trying to make one myself.)
I would appreciate it if anybody that has tried both Brainwavz M3 and Shure SE215 could give me their opinion on both of the IEMs.
Also, other suggestions are still welcome. :)
(What are the rules about bumping threads? My thread keeps dying but it feels like I'm breaking some rule when I revive it.)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: