Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread - Page 383

post #5731 of 6390

They never seemed to have replied to me either

post #5732 of 6390

GR07 Classic are now available in China market for only 599 yuan(99 USD). I asked 2 sellers , one guy told me theyre the same with MKII while the other guy told me theyre just the oldest version with different colors. I'm not sure if they are referring to aesthetics or SQ.

 

 

 


Edited by airomjosh - 11/22/13 at 1:36am
post #5733 of 6390
Quote:
Originally Posted by airomjosh View Post
 

GR07 Classic are now available in China market for only 599 yuan(99 USD). I asked 2 sellers , one guy told me theyre the same with MKII while the other guy told me theyre just the oldest version with different colors. I'm not sure if they are referring to aesthetics or SQ.

 

 

I know this is heresy around here, but I've always preferred the MKI (.2?) to the MKII.  The MKII's highs are more sparkly, but the bass is a tad lacking for my tastes...... and the MKII BE is a tad too bassy for my tastes..... hence the MKI is just right.

 

Are you saying the GR07 Classic is the earphone formerly known as MKI  ?

post #5734 of 6390
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJS View Post
 

 

I know this is heresy around here, but I've always preferred the MKI (.2?) to the MKII.  The MKII's highs are more sparkly, but the bass is a tad lacking for my tastes...... and the MKII BE is a tad too bassy for my tastes..... hence the MKI is just right.

 

Are you saying the GR07 Classic is the earphone formerly known as MKI  ?

I'm also confused, there are only 2 sellers right now at taobao. They gave me different answers when I asked them some info about the Classic. One guy told me theyre the oldest version which are the MKI while the other guy said MKII. If you look at the box, the wire looks like the one used in MKII and the word MKII is also written on the seal. The only way to know is to get a pair. Whatever version theyre called, theyre a steal for 99 USD.


Edited by airomjosh - 11/22/13 at 4:58am
post #5735 of 6390
Quote:
Originally Posted by airomjosh View Post
 

I'm also confused, there are only 2 sellers right now at taobao. They gave me different answers when I asked them some info about the Classic. One guy told me theyre the oldest version which are the MKI while the other guy said MKII. If you look at the box, the wire looks like the one used in MKII and the word MKII is also written on the seal. The only way to know is to get a pair. Whatever version theyre called, theyre a steal for 99 USD.

Actually, there seems to be three shops that sell it:

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.rt5ZuP&id=12445460762&ad_id=&am_id=&cm_id=140105335569ed55e27b&pm_id=
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.8.9Murh1&id=13444490193
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.9Murh1&id=8430617212

I might also add that, IIRC, Vsonic claimed that the Mk.II was the same as the Mk.I model except with a new cable, hence that may be the cause of discrepancy for the both sellers.

post #5736 of 6390

I will purchase a pair as soon as it becomes available somewhere else besides Taobao heh

post #5737 of 6390

I'm totally buying that blue one. I loved it the first time I saw it months ago and I've been kinda missing my mk2.

post #5738 of 6390

THATS crazy its 99usd! i just recently like less than a month ago, purchased a used gr07 BE for 100$ CAD! 

 

i love it and all but new products always have that nice appeal to it! sadly i'm gonna take a pass at it! please let us know your impressions! 

 

i wonder why they dropped the price on the classic? are they trying to bridge between the gr06 to the gr07? and maybe even have the flagship released later?

post #5739 of 6390
Quote:
Originally Posted by airomjosh View Post
 

I'm also confused, there are only 2 sellers right now at taobao. They gave me different answers when I asked them some info about the Classic. One guy told me theyre the oldest version which are the MKI while the other guy said MKII. If you look at the box, the wire looks like the one used in MKII and the word MKII is also written on the seal. The only way to know is to get a pair. Whatever version theyre called, theyre a steal for 99 USD.


Ok, pls get yours and share the info......:popcorn: waiting.

post #5740 of 6390
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

I'm totally buying that blue one. I loved it the first time I saw it months ago and I've been kinda missing my mk2.


Hmm........I'm Coffee Brown,less prone to scratches,usage visibility and also a different color to choose than conventional. Even arctic Blue is sexy tooo just like astrotec's offering on AX-60 but it's little thicker.

post #5741 of 6390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post
 


Ok, pls get yours and share the info......:popcorn: waiting.

sorry bro, that wont happen..I'm on a tight budget ATM, no extra cash to get the Clasic.:triportsad: 

post #5742 of 6390
Quote:
Originally Posted by airomjosh View Post
 

sorry bro, that wont happen..I'm on a tight budget ATM, no extra cash to get the Clasic.:triportsad: 


Nah I was just kidding......to see ur response.. Take it easy. We are all hard to bite our wallets now as lot of models expected next month and jan(Vsonic & FiiO etc). Save is the only word for now.:tongue_smile:

post #5743 of 6390
I'm trying to decide between these and the RE-400s. Are these worth the $30 premium?
post #5744 of 6390
Quote:
Originally Posted by ra1nb0wz View Post

I'm trying to decide between these and the RE-400s. Are these worth the $30 premium?

I think they are. But mine's the BE. I listen mostly to EDM and I enjoy the GR07s much more although the RE400s do have their moments

post #5745 of 6390

I'm enjoying GR07 MKII for 2 months now. I'm must say, after some initial problems with bad fit, I'm very impressed with their sound. Especially the way of reproducing midrage is exceptional, at least to my ears. I also feel that this model is to stay in my rig for a longer while, don't have the need to go into more pricier IEMs as I think that the increase  in SQ wouldn't be that great ( relative to to the price difference). Maybe someday, the time will come for CIEMs but defenetely not now;)  

For now I'm listening with Rockboxed Sansa Clip Zip +64 GB SD stuffed with mostly flacs. But I'm wondering if switching to something more powerful and simply better in SQ terms would make that much of a difference. Have you any experiences with Fiio X3 paired with GR07 MK II. Is the much higher price tag justified compared to Sansa? Also would the sound signature of Fiio (warm, darker, even muddy often are spoken) pair well with the GR07? 

Cheers! 


Edited by Lakson - 11/28/13 at 2:32am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread