if you guys think i should add in more, just post here, hopefully i will get a clear result off of this :)
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/5/11
- productSennheiser IE 7 Earphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- brandSleek Audiotagged by System, 4/5/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 4/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- £100 earphones for electronic music on the go? Last post on 10/9/11 at 12:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for portable listening rock/electronic/classical for ~$200USD Last post on 9/17/11 at 3:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are good IEMs also good for movies? Last post on 8/16/11 at 6:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In need of lively, energetic IEM's ($150-200) Last post on 6/1/11 at 9:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE 700's- one of the most underated IEM's I've ever heard. Last post on 9/1/15 at 9:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
IE7 vs. TF10 round two >:E (added PFE)
Poll Results: best IEM for under $200Poll expired: May 5, 2011
41 Total Votespost #1 of 334/4/11 at 6:13pmThread Starter
2% (1)Shure 315
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 334/5/11 at 5:50ampost #3 of 334/5/11 at 9:40amThread Starterpost #4 of 334/5/11 at 11:24amThread Starterpost #5 of 334/5/11 at 11:43amThe one great thing about the PFE that many fail to mention is that you can change its sound.
So if you want more bass. You put on the bass filters
If you want more mids. You put on the mids filters.
I believe you can have 3 different sounds as I think it comes with 3 sets of filters
So if you are just listening to music you may want the bass filters
If you are mixing, you may want the more neutral sound
So this is like getting 3 IEM's for price of onepost #6 of 334/5/11 at 11:48ampost #7 of 334/5/11 at 12:49pm
Idk about all this PFE hype. I was interested in buying PFEs but from reading comparison threads here, its no match for triple BA driver IEMs, and is about as good as the RE0, which is about half its price.
The TF10 mids are recessed (sound farther away), but it should have the most detailed sound out of all the IEMs you listed. Btw, the TF10's strong point is its treble.
Not sure about this but IIRC the PFE comes with a grey and a black filter, grey having more treble and the black ones with more bass. The Phonak Perfect Bass comes with a green filter which emphasizes bass.
Edited by Fimbulvetr - 4/5/11 at 1:03pmpost #8 of 334/5/11 at 1:19pmThread Starterpost #9 of 334/5/11 at 1:32pmpost #10 of 334/5/11 at 2:53pmThread Starterpost #11 of 334/5/11 at 6:01pm
You can always resell the TF10 for around the price you bought them for if they dont fit you well. But definitely don't buy the TF10 if you don't want recessed mids.post #12 of 334/5/11 at 6:19pmThread Starter
okiQuote:post #13 of 334/5/11 at 7:47pm
I own both. So there is no point in me bashing one over the other.
But in my opinion, there is no recessed mids on the TFi 10. In fact, it's
The IE7 are smoother all round, no different in that regard with the IE8. Which I also
own. Personally, I like the balance of the IE7 more than the IE8. Maybe my IE8 haven't
been burned in completely yet.
Anyway, I think the TFi wins out on the overall resolution and clarity. Bass is less prominent
than the Ie7. But still great. Punchy and tight.
I prefer the Tfi 10.post #14 of 334/5/11 at 7:47pmThread StarterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE7 vs. TF10 round two >:E (added PFE)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 57 seconds ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! 1 minute ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 1 minute ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX200 Firmware Modification Project 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 3 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear