if you guys think i should add in more, just post here, hopefully i will get a clear result off of this :)
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/5/11
- productSennheiser IE 7 Earphonestagged by System, 4/5/11
- brandSleek Audiotagged by System, 4/5/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 4/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- £100 earphones for electronic music on the go? Last post on 10/9/11 at 12:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for portable listening rock/electronic/classical for ~$200USD Last post on 9/17/11 at 3:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are good IEMs also good for movies? Last post on 8/16/11 at 6:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In need of lively, energetic IEM's ($150-200) Last post on 6/1/11 at 9:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE 700's- one of the most underated IEM's I've ever heard. Last post on 8/31/11 at 12:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)
Last edited: 9/13/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
IE7 vs. TF10 round two >:E (added PFE)
Poll Results: best IEM for under $200Poll expired: May 5, 2011
41 Total Votespost #1 of 334/4/11 at 6:13pmThread Starter
2% (1)Shure 315
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 334/5/11 at 5:50ampost #3 of 334/5/11 at 9:40amThread Starterpost #4 of 334/5/11 at 11:24amThread Starterpost #5 of 334/5/11 at 11:43amThe one great thing about the PFE that many fail to mention is that you can change its sound.
So if you want more bass. You put on the bass filters
If you want more mids. You put on the mids filters.
I believe you can have 3 different sounds as I think it comes with 3 sets of filters
So if you are just listening to music you may want the bass filters
If you are mixing, you may want the more neutral sound
So this is like getting 3 IEM's for price of onepost #6 of 334/5/11 at 11:48ampost #7 of 334/5/11 at 12:49pm
Idk about all this PFE hype. I was interested in buying PFEs but from reading comparison threads here, its no match for triple BA driver IEMs, and is about as good as the RE0, which is about half its price.
The TF10 mids are recessed (sound farther away), but it should have the most detailed sound out of all the IEMs you listed. Btw, the TF10's strong point is its treble.
Not sure about this but IIRC the PFE comes with a grey and a black filter, grey having more treble and the black ones with more bass. The Phonak Perfect Bass comes with a green filter which emphasizes bass.
Edited by Fimbulvetr - 4/5/11 at 1:03pmpost #8 of 334/5/11 at 1:19pmThread Starterpost #9 of 334/5/11 at 1:32pmpost #10 of 334/5/11 at 2:53pmThread Starterpost #11 of 334/5/11 at 6:01pm
You can always resell the TF10 for around the price you bought them for if they dont fit you well. But definitely don't buy the TF10 if you don't want recessed mids.post #12 of 334/5/11 at 6:19pmThread Starter
okiQuote:post #13 of 334/5/11 at 7:47pm
I own both. So there is no point in me bashing one over the other.
But in my opinion, there is no recessed mids on the TFi 10. In fact, it's
The IE7 are smoother all round, no different in that regard with the IE8. Which I also
own. Personally, I like the balance of the IE7 more than the IE8. Maybe my IE8 haven't
been burned in completely yet.
Anyway, I think the TFi wins out on the overall resolution and clarity. Bass is less prominent
than the Ie7. But still great. Punchy and tight.
I prefer the Tfi 10.post #14 of 334/5/11 at 7:47pmThread StarterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE7 vs. TF10 round two >:E (added PFE)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Jerry Harvey, The Rise of the In-Ear Monitor | Talks at Google 10 seconds ago
- › Misleading recommendations on HE-400? 44 seconds ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Vintage headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR xb1000? NEw? OMG 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob