- 1,990 Posts. Joined 3/2007
- Location: Markham, Ontario, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Good headphones for a basshead? Last post on 8/11/10 at 7:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Heir Audio 3.AI vs. Heir Audio 4.AI vs Sony EX1000! Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- After TF10s, Radius HP TWD and Westone 3... Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Very strong and impactfull bass, great build quality. High input power. It is very sensible, has a very loud volume. Very good for DJ monitoring. Not confortable! Very fatiguing. It makes a...
Westone Phones and repair - Page 2post #16 of 233/17/11 at 5:03pmJust thought I'd update my experience with Westone CS, AWESOME, Jeff Markle took great care of me, and like he said, turnaround time was 2 weeks on the dot, just got my phones back and they sound better than ever, I've missed them!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 233/30/11 at 9:26pmI just received my um3x after repair and am excited about their service. They only charged me $10 per monitor shell; I defected both sides. Im very satisfied as I was worried that the bill would come out to >$100. Thanks Rachelle from westonepost #18 of 233/31/11 at 7:51ampost #19 of 237/2/12 at 5:35am
OMG I am on my second set of Westones the 3way ones. They were over $300. The LEFT ear went out within a year. They did replace them. Now the LEFT ear is out again within 2 years. And now I read that they can't be repaired. I bought custom molds last August for $125 they sucked. Clogging all the time from sweat and eventually the connection to the monitor became loose. The molds now slip off. I lost one like 4 times. I use these in my band and now I can't. Like the other poster I take better care of these inm than my car. One day you put them on and bam the left ear is cutting in and out. Maybe they shouldn't put such a thin flimsy wire on a $400 bud.
Totally Pissed Off.post #20 of 237/5/12 at 12:02pm
Although the thread is old, it is as valid as ever. I have been using the Sennheiser HD-25 Is since I have replaced the Westone 3s, which means almost 2 years of continuous use and abuse. It does not have a nary of a problem. Since about 1 month ago, I have replaced them with a pair of Beyerdynamic DT-1350. What a pleasant set of headphones and much, much better seal and much better materials than the Sennheisers....not to say that they are almost 2.5Xs more expensive.
I just do not see the justification of paying $399 etc... for a pair of throwaway 3 way transducers. Not to say that they sound necessarily bad but $400 is no chump change, not it is paying $175-200 every two years in order to replace them. Perhaps their business model might be fine for some but for me, I am sticking to portable, over the ear type of phones from now on. I am pretty sure that my Beyers will last me easily 1 decade or more of travel abuse.
PS: Did I mentioned that the 1350s seal pretty well?
From balmy NYC.post #21 of 2312/17/12 at 3:54pm
I bought the Westone 3s from Amazon just a bit more than a year ago and having similar issue with the left ear not working. I called both Amazon and Westone and received the same answer. Very very disappointed at Westone quality control and services. Obviously, there is a know problem with the Westone 3s and the company should replace free of charge. $300+ for a headphone that last barely over a year is not acceptable. I'll not doing business when them again.post #22 of 2312/18/12 at 9:28am
Bemopti123: Glad the fullsize phones are working out for you. But I have to think they take way less abuse than portables would. I mean do you roll the full size up and stick them in your pocket like the W3's? What would you expect?
Duy Dao: Had you bought from an authorized dealer they would have replaced free of charge no questions asked.post #23 of 237/21/14 at 5:01pm
I've had the UM3X for 5+ years and really like the sound signature and comfort., recently the cable started to fail, on/off either earpiece. So I contacted Westone for a repair, I'm still waiting for a reply. But they already wrote about a replacement. I don't want any replacement and don't see any major issue in exchanging the cables or even the housing for the newer one with detachable cables.
Any one here has had a similar experience? and if so, is there other places where they can do the repair if Westone goes for the exchange policy?
Thank youReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone Phones and repair
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 4 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 43 seconds ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 51 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › JVC new top tier Wooden IEM : JVC HA FX 1100 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2