- 1,990 Posts. Joined 3/2007
- Location: Markham, Ontario, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Good headphones for a basshead? Last post on 8/11/10 at 7:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Heir Audio 3.AI vs. Heir Audio 4.AI vs Sony EX1000! Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- After TF10s, Radius HP TWD and Westone 3... Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
Westone Phones and repair - Page 2post #16 of 233/17/11 at 5:03pmJust thought I'd update my experience with Westone CS, AWESOME, Jeff Markle took great care of me, and like he said, turnaround time was 2 weeks on the dot, just got my phones back and they sound better than ever, I've missed them!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 233/30/11 at 9:26pmI just received my um3x after repair and am excited about their service. They only charged me $10 per monitor shell; I defected both sides. Im very satisfied as I was worried that the bill would come out to >$100. Thanks Rachelle from westonepost #18 of 233/31/11 at 7:51ampost #19 of 237/2/12 at 5:35am
OMG I am on my second set of Westones the 3way ones. They were over $300. The LEFT ear went out within a year. They did replace them. Now the LEFT ear is out again within 2 years. And now I read that they can't be repaired. I bought custom molds last August for $125 they sucked. Clogging all the time from sweat and eventually the connection to the monitor became loose. The molds now slip off. I lost one like 4 times. I use these in my band and now I can't. Like the other poster I take better care of these inm than my car. One day you put them on and bam the left ear is cutting in and out. Maybe they shouldn't put such a thin flimsy wire on a $400 bud.
Totally Pissed Off.post #20 of 237/5/12 at 12:02pm
Although the thread is old, it is as valid as ever. I have been using the Sennheiser HD-25 Is since I have replaced the Westone 3s, which means almost 2 years of continuous use and abuse. It does not have a nary of a problem. Since about 1 month ago, I have replaced them with a pair of Beyerdynamic DT-1350. What a pleasant set of headphones and much, much better seal and much better materials than the Sennheisers....not to say that they are almost 2.5Xs more expensive.
I just do not see the justification of paying $399 etc... for a pair of throwaway 3 way transducers. Not to say that they sound necessarily bad but $400 is no chump change, not it is paying $175-200 every two years in order to replace them. Perhaps their business model might be fine for some but for me, I am sticking to portable, over the ear type of phones from now on. I am pretty sure that my Beyers will last me easily 1 decade or more of travel abuse.
PS: Did I mentioned that the 1350s seal pretty well?
From balmy NYC.post #21 of 2312/17/12 at 3:54pm
I bought the Westone 3s from Amazon just a bit more than a year ago and having similar issue with the left ear not working. I called both Amazon and Westone and received the same answer. Very very disappointed at Westone quality control and services. Obviously, there is a know problem with the Westone 3s and the company should replace free of charge. $300+ for a headphone that last barely over a year is not acceptable. I'll not doing business when them again.post #22 of 2312/18/12 at 9:28am
Bemopti123: Glad the fullsize phones are working out for you. But I have to think they take way less abuse than portables would. I mean do you roll the full size up and stick them in your pocket like the W3's? What would you expect?
Duy Dao: Had you bought from an authorized dealer they would have replaced free of charge no questions asked.post #23 of 237/21/14 at 5:01pm
I've had the UM3X for 5+ years and really like the sound signature and comfort., recently the cable started to fail, on/off either earpiece. So I contacted Westone for a repair, I'm still waiting for a reply. But they already wrote about a replacement. I don't want any replacement and don't see any major issue in exchanging the cables or even the housing for the newer one with detachable cables.
Any one here has had a similar experience? and if so, is there other places where they can do the repair if Westone goes for the exchange policy?
Thank youReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone Phones and repair
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 6 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 18 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread 28 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Help: Which would you keep? Sony MDR-V6, MDR-7506, or MDR-ZX700? 1 minute ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)