Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) - Page 124

post #1846 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMarasovic View Post


PC - Windows XP with Foobar (usb, coaxial, optical), Laptop - Windows 7 (usb,optical) with JRiver Media Center 18.

 

Hi DMarasovic,

You mean you are using USB->Coax/Optic -> E1 in DAC Mode?

Thanks.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwindham08 View Post

Windows 7--Asus xonar d2x sound card--foobar

Coaxial used

 

Hi mwindham08,

You mean you are using D2X with Coax/Optic output to E1 in DAC Mode?
Thanks.

post #1847 of 3016
I'm outputting from xonar d2x to E1 through coaxial cable yes. I was using it as solely a dac but it's now also my headphone amplifier.
post #1848 of 3016

how about a tranny output stage then? http://www.head-fi.org/t/468808/ evil_smiley.gif

post #1849 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by xneakers View Post

 

Hi DMarasovic,

You mean you are using USB->Coax/Optic -> E1 in DAC Mode?

Thanks.

No, I mainly use USB output, but tried other outputs one by one to check 24/192. I do not store flacs in that format as it is a vaste of HD space.

post #1850 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMarasovic View Post

No, I mainly use USB output, but tried other outputs one by one to check 24/192. I do not store flacs in that format as it is a vaste of HD space.

 

Hi DMarasovic,

I also dont have any problem if using USB. 44.1 to 192 kHz all works flawlessly.

 

But if I use E1 as stand alone DAC mode and pick Coax as Input (as Toslink is limited to 96 kHz), then I can't get my E1 locked. Up to 176 is fine.

 

The source off course could be another sound card with Coax output or standalone HiRes player like QLS-660.

 

Thanks.

post #1851 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by xneakers View Post

 

Hi DMarasovic,

I also dont have any problem if using USB. 44.1 to 192 kHz all works flawlessly.

 

But if I use E1 as stand alone DAC mode and pick Coax as Input (as Toslink is limited to 96 kHz), then I can't get my E1 locked. Up to 176 is fine.

 

The source off course could be another sound card with Coax output or standalone HiRes player like QLS-660.

 

Thanks.


I have mediaplayer Tvix HD S1. It has optical and coaxial outputs limited to 96 kHz (not supporting 88.2 either), but PC and Laptop turn on blue 192 kHz lamp at E1. Be careful that upsampling mode is off. 

post #1852 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMarasovic View Post


I have mediaplayer Tvix HD S1. It has optical and coaxial outputs limited to 96 kHz (not supporting 88.2 either), but PC and Laptop turn on blue 192 kHz lamp at E1. Be careful that upsampling mode is off. 

Hi DMarasovic,

With PC/NB and USB, I also dont have any problem up to 192 kHz.

Thanks.

post #1853 of 3016

How does the E1 compare with the Magni-Modi combo from Schiit ?

In my neck of the woods, after all is said and done, I am only looking at about $100 dollars difference.

I am listening on Technics RP-DH1200 and/or Sony Z-1000 ,mostly classical, opera and some Kraftwerk tossed in from time to time. Folk and reggae too and who knows what else may come about.

This setup will possibly be completed in the near future by a pair of active speakers as soon as the budget clears the executive steering committee. For those late hours at work when everyone left and it is ok the listen without headphones.

post #1854 of 3016

Two days ago I upgraded to the muses, which has made the E1 incredibly awesome in SQ, 10 times better then any other opamp combos I've tried, absolutely worth it if your considering the Muses Edition or an upgrade to the muses01 opamp's

 

However, I have a problem with my E1 not the muses but rather the unit itself. Today I received my new balanced HP amp HeadAmp GS-X mk2. Which my E1 is feeding using balanced XLR out, as soon as I started listening I notice my left channel is louder then the right by about the same margin I had with the E1 internal HP amp when I first got it, but went away after 300 hours of burn-intime. I also have to have the E1 XLR volume maxed out at 5 o'clock for normal volume level on the GS-X

 

I have since tried using a cd player in the RCA on the GS-X to see what volume level I should set the E1 at, however the cd player is louder than the E1 even at max volume, I can live with the E1 at max volume, what I can not live with is one chl louder than the other.

 

If anyone has any suggestions or advice it would be much appreciated

 

 

Cheers,

~Steve

post #1855 of 3016

I found this update by coincidence:

 

post #1856 of 3016
Nice find this fixes the bug with Jie Extreme Player, event mode now works in Windows 8 x64
post #1857 of 3016

Very nice find.

post #1858 of 3016

Have you give them a try? rolleyes.gif

post #1859 of 3016
This drv is only for the muses edition? Or not.
The vers number seems the same as the latest 2012 drivers.
Ciao
post #1860 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by gattari View Post

This drv is only for the muses edition? Or not.
The vers number seems the same as the latest 2012 drivers.
Ciao

Should work with the regular essence if you're using windows 8.

 

Tim

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)