I'm looking for some headphones around $50 or so. I'll be using these in the library as well as the gym, so minimum sound leakage and microphonics would be ideal. People seem to be pretty high on the m2's in this price range, is there anything else that I should be considering? I was looking at the UE metrofi 220's as well. Thanks in advance
Related Forum Threads
- How IEM characteristics are measured? Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I need help finding good IEM's - under $ 150 Last post on 11/19/12 at 1:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM to buy in Hamburg, Germany Last post on 10/21/12 at 9:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- buying JVC HA-FX101 or else for EDM listening while owning philips she3590 Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM help? Last post on 9/10/12 at 12:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
First of all the reason I rate the SE215 5/5* is primarily because of the value it presents under the $100 mark. You will be extremely hard pressed to find a pair of IEMs at this price considering...
I'm all about best use on a budget for a specific person and lifestyle. In my case, the Jaybird Bluebud X's were fantastic. You can check out my review on head fi here, but I also have an older...
SENNHEISER URBANITE XL REVIEW Full sized headphones haven't been part of my usage options for quite some time now. I used to own a Sony MDR-1R but despite the excellent comfort and decent sound my...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Are the brainwavz m2's the best choice for me?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
First, keep in mind that the M2 are bassy IEMs. The cable has average microphonics. Not sure about how appropriate they are for gym usage, seal is good but if you do jogging and such they may fall off your ears. Personally for sports I prefer portable headphones or earbuds with earhooks, as IEMs tend to move within my ear canal when I move a lot and that breaks the seal and the sound quality.
Overall - I think the M2's are probably the best value for iem's around $50. I can't think of another IEM I'd rather have at that price, to be honest. As with most headphone selections it'll depend on whether you like the sound signature. It's bass-heavy with a warm, thick, midrange. I'm not a basshead, but still enjoyed the M2's a lot before I gave them away.
That said - I have to agree with oldschool's comments about working out with IEM's. I've tried running with IEM's many times - and microphonics get exaggerated, and more often than not I spend my run repositioning them in my ear. Sweat makes them easier to dislodge, never mind the possibility of them failing. I never did try to run with the M2's - so I can't comment directly - but it might be an exercise in frustration.
Even though the sound quality suffered - for running I ended up using clip on bluetooth headphones. If you're only talking about lifting weights - you might be ok with IEM's.
- Are the brainwavz m2's the best choice for me?
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 42 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 4 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 4 minutes ago
- › FS:Remote Volume Control KIT 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality 6 minutes ago
- › Press Release: Sennheiser launches URBANITE headphones 7 minutes ago
- › Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats." 7 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 9 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by DJScope
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by CJ09
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3