I'm looking for some headphones around $50 or so. I'll be using these in the library as well as the gym, so minimum sound leakage and microphonics would be ideal. People seem to be pretty high on the m2's in this price range, is there anything else that I should be considering? I was looking at the UE metrofi 220's as well. Thanks in advance
Related Forum Threads
- How IEM characteristics are measured? Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I need help finding good IEM's - under $ 150 Last post on 11/19/12 at 1:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM to buy in Hamburg, Germany Last post on 4/24/15 at 6:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- buying JVC HA-FX101 or else for EDM listening while owning philips she3590 Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM help? Last post on 9/10/12 at 12:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
A few years back, my family and I underwent a rather large home renovation (including not having a kitchen for 10 weeks; suffice it to say I was sick of take-out food after the summer of 2014). As...
INTRO I purchased these made in China headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
(note: pictures included are not mine, I grabbed them from the net to make the article easier to read) I've had these for well over a year and used them at least 5 days-a-week during that...
Many thanks to Brooko for arranging this tour unit Pros: External Playlists: Pretty much my number one priority after sound, this took some fiddling to get working from my Mac/iTunes but I...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Are the brainwavz m2's the best choice for me?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
First, keep in mind that the M2 are bassy IEMs. The cable has average microphonics. Not sure about how appropriate they are for gym usage, seal is good but if you do jogging and such they may fall off your ears. Personally for sports I prefer portable headphones or earbuds with earhooks, as IEMs tend to move within my ear canal when I move a lot and that breaks the seal and the sound quality.
Overall - I think the M2's are probably the best value for iem's around $50. I can't think of another IEM I'd rather have at that price, to be honest. As with most headphone selections it'll depend on whether you like the sound signature. It's bass-heavy with a warm, thick, midrange. I'm not a basshead, but still enjoyed the M2's a lot before I gave them away.
That said - I have to agree with oldschool's comments about working out with IEM's. I've tried running with IEM's many times - and microphonics get exaggerated, and more often than not I spend my run repositioning them in my ear. Sweat makes them easier to dislodge, never mind the possibility of them failing. I never did try to run with the M2's - so I can't comment directly - but it might be an exercise in frustration.
Even though the sound quality suffered - for running I ended up using clip on bluetooth headphones. If you're only talking about lifting weights - you might be ok with IEM's.
- Are the brainwavz m2's the best choice for me?
- › What color should I paint my HD6X0s 1 minute ago
- › Advice on headphones!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Electra 1028 Be Speakers in Champagne Finish 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for a more comfortable SR-60e replacement 4 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3