I'm looking for some headphones around $50 or so. I'll be using these in the library as well as the gym, so minimum sound leakage and microphonics would be ideal. People seem to be pretty high on the m2's in this price range, is there anything else that I should be considering? I was looking at the UE metrofi 220's as well. Thanks in advance
Related Forum Threads
- How IEM characteristics are measured? Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I need help finding good IEM's - under $ 150 Last post on 11/19/12 at 1:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM to buy in Hamburg, Germany Last post on 10/21/12 at 9:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- buying JVC HA-FX101 or else for EDM listening while owning philips she3590 Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM help? Last post on 9/10/12 at 12:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Are the brainwavz m2's the best choice for me?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
First, keep in mind that the M2 are bassy IEMs. The cable has average microphonics. Not sure about how appropriate they are for gym usage, seal is good but if you do jogging and such they may fall off your ears. Personally for sports I prefer portable headphones or earbuds with earhooks, as IEMs tend to move within my ear canal when I move a lot and that breaks the seal and the sound quality.
Overall - I think the M2's are probably the best value for iem's around $50. I can't think of another IEM I'd rather have at that price, to be honest. As with most headphone selections it'll depend on whether you like the sound signature. It's bass-heavy with a warm, thick, midrange. I'm not a basshead, but still enjoyed the M2's a lot before I gave them away.
That said - I have to agree with oldschool's comments about working out with IEM's. I've tried running with IEM's many times - and microphonics get exaggerated, and more often than not I spend my run repositioning them in my ear. Sweat makes them easier to dislodge, never mind the possibility of them failing. I never did try to run with the M2's - so I can't comment directly - but it might be an exercise in frustration.
Even though the sound quality suffered - for running I ended up using clip on bluetooth headphones. If you're only talking about lifting weights - you might be ok with IEM's.
- Are the brainwavz m2's the best choice for me?
- › Car audio-Fi 44 seconds ago
- › Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? 49 seconds ago
- › Liquid Gold - 2014 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-06-30 3 minutes ago
- › Portable Setup for Metal & Alt Rock 5 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening. 6 minutes ago
- › Darth Beyer Terminator V4 Balanced [Final price drop] 6 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)