I'm looking for some headphones around $50 or so. I'll be using these in the library as well as the gym, so minimum sound leakage and microphonics would be ideal. People seem to be pretty high on the m2's in this price range, is there anything else that I should be considering? I was looking at the UE metrofi 220's as well. Thanks in advance
Related Forum Threads
- How IEM characteristics are measured? Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I need help finding good IEM's - under $ 150 Last post on 11/19/12 at 1:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM to buy in Hamburg, Germany Last post on 10/10/15 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- buying JVC HA-FX101 or else for EDM listening while owning philips she3590 Last post on 9/30/12 at 7:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM help? Last post on 9/10/12 at 12:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
Are the brainwavz m2's the best choice for me?post #1 of 32/18/11 at 12:01pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 32/19/11 at 9:43am
First, keep in mind that the M2 are bassy IEMs. The cable has average microphonics. Not sure about how appropriate they are for gym usage, seal is good but if you do jogging and such they may fall off your ears. Personally for sports I prefer portable headphones or earbuds with earhooks, as IEMs tend to move within my ear canal when I move a lot and that breaks the seal and the sound quality.post #3 of 32/19/11 at 4:18pm
Overall - I think the M2's are probably the best value for iem's around $50. I can't think of another IEM I'd rather have at that price, to be honest. As with most headphone selections it'll depend on whether you like the sound signature. It's bass-heavy with a warm, thick, midrange. I'm not a basshead, but still enjoyed the M2's a lot before I gave them away.
That said - I have to agree with oldschool's comments about working out with IEM's. I've tried running with IEM's many times - and microphonics get exaggerated, and more often than not I spend my run repositioning them in my ear. Sweat makes them easier to dislodge, never mind the possibility of them failing. I never did try to run with the M2's - so I can't comment directly - but it might be an exercise in frustration.
Even though the sound quality suffered - for running I ended up using clip on bluetooth headphones. If you're only talking about lifting weights - you might be ok with IEM's.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are the brainwavz m2's the best choice for me?
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 17 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 25 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 29 seconds ago
- › The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread 43 seconds ago
- › How to grow? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2017 (April 8-9, 2017) 2 minutes ago
- › Best Windows 10 Media Player in 2017 (Winamp Replacement) 2 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear