The MS2 is a bit harsh in the upper treble by comparison and is generally less smooth throughout the spectrum. I'm sure most of the people here would hear the same difference I do. With test tones or random static the difference is obvious.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 2/16/15 at 4:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 2/11/15 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 2/19/15 at 4:49pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD650s are so cheap? Last post on 2/10/15 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 385
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Have a look at this interesting test that was done . Especially look at some of the subjective claims in comparison to the actual objective result!
I own both the HD 600/800 and to be honest the 600s rarely get used anymore, so personally I wouldn't recommend getting a pair if you already have 800s/650s.
I do, and the 700. I got a Senn foursome going on over here!
Lately, surprisingly the 800 gets the least head time. The 650 is my newest so that's gotten a decent amount of time in recently, but before that the 600s were always on my head. So much so, the pads are about flat. Didn't even realize it until I got the new 650s and the pads are about twice as thick, and the 600s aren't all that old. To me, it's a great daily driver headphone. Meaning easy on the head, easy on the ears and can be used for hours without really noticing. Similar to the 650, if you feel that way about it.
The 600/650 is kind of a toss up, more of a preference I guess. But the 600 fits in with the general overall sound of the 700 and 800 more so than the 650 by a little bit.
I bought the HD 600 on an almost dare to myself because I didn't really like dark headphones and had already judged it to be something that wasn't going to jive with my wants. It became apparently clear that I was wrong and now there is a place in my system for them. I did the same for the HD 700 and, again, this one turned out to be my favorite can so far. I feel like I'm setting myself up for disappointment when I go grab the HD 800 because, from everything I've read, seems like it is the perfect can for me, but it will end up in my collection at some point. The one that's going to take some major major selling with me will be the HD 650 because it seems to be the definition of dark. We'll see.
I know that when I started on this journey years ago, I was going to shy away from the big boys in the business because that was me raging against the machine. It makes me laugh every time I look at my collection and see the Sennheisers all over the place. What can I say? They really know how to make engaging cans.
It's not. It's a half a shade darker than the 600s, if that, if that makes any sense. Just a tiny bit fuller on the bottom and smoother up top, and not by too much.
600 is clear liquors.
650 is dark liquors.
Strictly speaking dark means not enough treble loudness. However, if treble is relatively flat and bass in a bit louder, by a human listener's (arguably erroneous) perception it is also "dark" with the treble not loud enough as opposed to simply having more bass than usual (take a measuring instrument and it shows treble and midrange are at an average with a bump in a wide range of the bass) at the same average SPL setting, since unlike a mic and an analyzer the ears and brain don't work the same way.
All the terminology used around here to describe sound can be overwhelming at times. Here's a guide for some of it.
The HD600 fixes the flabby bass that ultimately made me sell the HD650. Though the 650 is a great phone, i prefer the 600s presentation.
Both have significantly less clarity than the 800. And all that ther junk, big sounstage, detail, blah blah blah.
I rotate phones, so time i spend with each is kind of similar. The 600 is great for the price you can find it ($250 used).
I'm in the search for a second different DAC+amp and came across Geek Pulse (the $300 version). Does anyone know if it's going to be any good?
On indiegogo it's "last change to back geek pulse" and get it for $300 instead of $500 (igg.me/at/geekpulseaudio2).
Edited by frequencies - 1/16/14 at 12:34am
I found that HD600 is slightly bright and the bass slightly elevated if compared to AKG Q701. Compare both cans on JDS O2 combo.When I say bright, it's not like Beyer bright but a brilliance and sparkle sound. Q701 too flat, lack of fun but good for perfectionist and uncolored fan.
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › HM-901 7 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . . . . dap FW... 8 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 8 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 9 minutes ago
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 9 minutes ago
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3