The MS2 is a bit harsh in the upper treble by comparison and is generally less smooth throughout the spectrum. I'm sure most of the people here would hear the same difference I do. With test tones or random static the difference is obvious.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/8/11
Related Forum Threads
- Can the Audioquest DragonFly Red drive a pair of Sennheiser HD 600's from an iPhone? Last post on 6/17/16 at 4:50pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 6/3/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 6/20/16 at 7:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
From the Doukaudio website: "Shenzheng Cavins Technology Co.,LTD has been established since 2014.. We are devoted to design and research of hi-end level of audio equipments under our own brand...
Brainwavz Intro ABOUT US Brainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range...
Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD A Serious Common Denominator | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION Angles of Approach There’s always been a certain connotation...
http://www.fidue.com/content/view?brand=fidue_en&item=81&core=news Fidue have been active for some years now and they seem to have release great quality products / earphones. Personally,...
Beyerdynamic has been a tried and true brand for me over the years. In fact, their T70p was my first ever headphone I purchased over $200 (how the times have changed). Their quality and...
Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread - Page 385
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I own both the HD 600/800 and to be honest the 600s rarely get used anymore, so personally I wouldn't recommend getting a pair if you already have 800s/650s.
I do, and the 700. I got a Senn foursome going on over here!
Lately, surprisingly the 800 gets the least head time. The 650 is my newest so that's gotten a decent amount of time in recently, but before that the 600s were always on my head. So much so, the pads are about flat. Didn't even realize it until I got the new 650s and the pads are about twice as thick, and the 600s aren't all that old. To me, it's a great daily driver headphone. Meaning easy on the head, easy on the ears and can be used for hours without really noticing. Similar to the 650, if you feel that way about it.
The 600/650 is kind of a toss up, more of a preference I guess. But the 600 fits in with the general overall sound of the 700 and 800 more so than the 650 by a little bit.
I bought the HD 600 on an almost dare to myself because I didn't really like dark headphones and had already judged it to be something that wasn't going to jive with my wants. It became apparently clear that I was wrong and now there is a place in my system for them. I did the same for the HD 700 and, again, this one turned out to be my favorite can so far. I feel like I'm setting myself up for disappointment when I go grab the HD 800 because, from everything I've read, seems like it is the perfect can for me, but it will end up in my collection at some point. The one that's going to take some major major selling with me will be the HD 650 because it seems to be the definition of dark. We'll see.
I know that when I started on this journey years ago, I was going to shy away from the big boys in the business because that was me raging against the machine. It makes me laugh every time I look at my collection and see the Sennheisers all over the place. What can I say? They really know how to make engaging cans.
It's not. It's a half a shade darker than the 600s, if that, if that makes any sense. Just a tiny bit fuller on the bottom and smoother up top, and not by too much.
600 is clear liquors.
650 is dark liquors.
Strictly speaking dark means not enough treble loudness. However, if treble is relatively flat and bass in a bit louder, by a human listener's (arguably erroneous) perception it is also "dark" with the treble not loud enough as opposed to simply having more bass than usual (take a measuring instrument and it shows treble and midrange are at an average with a bump in a wide range of the bass) at the same average SPL setting, since unlike a mic and an analyzer the ears and brain don't work the same way.
All the terminology used around here to describe sound can be overwhelming at times. Here's a guide for some of it.
The HD600 fixes the flabby bass that ultimately made me sell the HD650. Though the 650 is a great phone, i prefer the 600s presentation.
Both have significantly less clarity than the 800. And all that ther junk, big sounstage, detail, blah blah blah.
I rotate phones, so time i spend with each is kind of similar. The 600 is great for the price you can find it ($250 used).
I'm in the search for a second different DAC+amp and came across Geek Pulse (the $300 version). Does anyone know if it's going to be any good?
On indiegogo it's "last change to back geek pulse" and get it for $300 instead of $500 (igg.me/at/geekpulseaudio2).
Edited by frequencies - 1/16/14 at 12:34am
I found that HD600 is slightly bright and the bass slightly elevated if compared to AKG Q701. Compare both cans on JDS O2 combo.When I say bright, it's not like Beyer bright but a brilliance and sparkle sound. Q701 too flat, lack of fun but good for perfectionist and uncolored fan.
- Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
- › IC: Violectric HPA V181 28 seconds ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 40 seconds ago
- › New Inear Prophile-8 2 minutes ago
- › 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1,... 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › What's your foobar2000 setup? 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 7 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 8 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 9 minutes ago
- › Nobsound NS-01E Mini Tube Headphone Amplifier Stereo HiFi Amp Audio... by crabdog
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by Wokei
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by DynamikeB
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by Army-Firedawg
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by Johannus
- › LZ-A4 by peter123
- › Etymotic ER4XR by leaky74
- › Etymotic ER4SR by leaky74
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by sonickarma
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear