MICCA who is the US Fios dist is 'based' out of Fairfax but they have no actual shop. My e9 was bad and I asked them if I could drop it off in person, thinking it would be quicker than paying to ship but they said I couldn't.
- brandAKGtagged by System, 2/24/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M30 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 2/24/11
- brandBOSEtagged by System, 2/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/24/11
- productKoss UR 55tagged by System, 2/24/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 2/24/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 2/24/11
- brandSkull Candytagged by System, 2/24/11
- brandSonytagged by System, 2/24/11
- brandUltrasonetagged by System, 2/24/11
Related Forum Threads
- Interesting Headphone Testing & Comparison Last post on 8/21/10 at 6:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone for gaming with Poll! ~Vote! Last post on 10/23/11 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- RIP hifiman re0 (yes i am aware this is a full headphone thread)...sorry its long Last post on 8/20/10 at 9:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help picking headphone Last post on 3/10/11 at 7:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- which cans are not made in china? Last post on 11/11/13 at 8:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is my first review and it's going to be brief...Never in my life have I been so damn impressed with an audio product (I have a bunch) than I am with my Custom K10's!!! There is not 1 thing...
INTRODUCTION Hello again guys, I am Areek Nibras, a junior Head-fier and a recently graduated physician from Bangladesh, currently doing post-graduation training in Internal medicine. Today I will...
I picked up these for my wife. I thought that since she is more of an average listener (not too concerned with audio), the V-shaped sound might be acceptable or even preferred. I gave them a listen...
I got to listen to these for a couple weeks as part of the USA tour, with the requirement that I write a review and pay to ship them to the next participant. I am not affiliated with, and was not...
Introduction: I have had the chance to listen to the HD800 a few times at local Head-Fi meets. However, I have never got a good chance to listen to them, either the person who owned them...
place to demo headphones in Washington DC - Page 2post #16 of 283/17/11 at 2:36pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 283/17/11 at 5:37pmQuote:
Dang. That would be great if they had a better interface for their operation. I'm in Fairfax every day.post #18 of 283/17/11 at 6:50pmpost #19 of 283/18/11 at 1:58amQuote:
Yes. Guitar Center carries a few models of Beyerdynamics headphones. I know the Fairfax store has them on the shelf. Probably the easiest thing to do is to visit the Guitar Center Web site and see which models are available for sale at your local store (vs. ordering them) and head on over. Other than G.C., I'm personally not aware of another retailer that that carries Beyer. Also, don't forget to ask for a price match if they have what you want and some other vendor sells them for less.post #20 of 283/20/11 at 6:35pmQuote:
Hmm ... When I checked the FiiO Web site last evening, they had a physical address listed for MICCA as being on Nutley Street. Google Maps shows it to be in the area of the Pan Am shopping center - where the Safeway and the Micro Center are located. I wonder if they're running the operation out of the back of one of the drycleaners in that strip mall ?post #21 of 283/31/11 at 11:54ampost #22 of 283/31/11 at 7:27pmpost #23 of 284/1/11 at 12:34pm
I ended up with the Etymotic hf3's for me iPhone, and the Grado's sr125's as my mobile/secondary/guest pair in my laptop bag.
I'm using a pair of the Beyer dt990's with my Xonar Essence ST, which sadly Frank doesn't carry any of the Beyers, but I definitely got a feel for what I wanted out of a set that was going to be married to my computer for life and chose the 990's based on the opinions formed at EarHead.
I find myself using the grados quite a bit when away from the office, mostly because I can't hear a bloody thing with the hf3's in and the in-ear monitors aren't as comfortable over long periods of time.post #24 of 284/1/11 at 3:07pm
I tried to get the Etymotic (can't remember the model #, but they are $79) from the Apple store this week. But, the Apple store had the other models. I wanted that specific Etymotic ear bud because I've read the cable is reinforced with Kevlar. I thought it would be durable - and stand the test of time.
Sadly, I was trying quite hard to do this shopping during my lunch break and ended up getting the Klipsch Image S4 ear buds for $79 from Best Buy. So far, they are very comfortable - and, ironically, sound great, too. I won't reference review sites regarding these ear buds because it's really hard to judge a pair based on reviews. One needs to try them out for themselves and see how they feel, etc.
At the end of my adventure, I sent an e-mail to Etymotic and asked them to remove Best Buy from their list of area authorized vendors as Best Buy does not have any of the Etymotic ear buds listed on their Web site, nor for sale in their stores. To me, this was a bit of a let down.post #25 of 284/1/11 at 6:05pmI tried the Shure and Klipsch lines alongside the Etymotic. (Yes Frank gives you several tips to try them all!) and the etymotics just took the cake. The hf3's ($179) are superb, so easy to get in and are invisible in my ears. I was on the metro this morning and listened to music at 3 notches above zero on the iphone, 10% or so. I might as well have been at home. I've got enough extra tips, maybe 12 pair total of all the variation, and extra filters which you only need to replace once a year. I even think the microphone is a better quality.
Edited by Geofram - 4/1/11 at 6:07pmpost #26 of 2811/27/11 at 9:15pmQuote:
I just thought I'd point out that Lederer's Sound doesn't sell headphones. I've contacted them in the past. Also, I've contacted them to see if they sell cables and TRS connectors for headphone cables, but they don't stock that type of inventory either. Most of their installations is in areas that are under construction, so they use an in wall / in ceiling wiring that is plenum rated for code safety. The owner is a great guy to talk to, but I just don't have a need for their offerings.
Also, I've dealt with The Gifted Listener a few times for purchases. The guy in there can be a bit pushy at times. He doesn't seem to be able to ask a customer what they're looking for in a product. Instead, he hears about half of your first sentence, then drags you across the showroom to demonstrate what he believes you need. I really love to try and keep local business afloat, but when one gets put in those situations, it's a bit uncomfortable to shop in such an environment. Plus, paying retail price + sales tax kind of knocks the wind out of the sails, too.
post #27 of 281/17/12 at 9:36am
I wanted to add an update to this listing. Based on a call I made a week or so ago, IQ Entertainment of Fairfax (in the old Tweeter location) is now an authorized Grado dealer. I actually found it out by visiting the Grado site and checking the list of authorized retailers near me and their name came up. http://www.iq-av.com Additionally, they sell Sennheiser, too. The ability to demonstrate them is a bit limited because very few places have one of each headphone they sell out on display for you to use - which is actually too bad. If someone were to bring in their portable player and amp, they'd get an idea of the sound signature to determine whether it was love or hate. This would probably cut down on the returns in a big way, too.post #28 of 281/17/12 at 2:23pm
I'm in this area myself. When you guys say "they carry Grado," do they have models for demo, and which ones? It wouldn't be worth the trip for the lower-end ones, but the RS1 and above would be.
- place to demo headphones in Washington DC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 5 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › K10U Black & Rose Gold 2 minutes ago
- › MINI AUDIO MA01 - SPEC & PHOTOS (DX100 Successor!!) 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 6 minutes ago
- › High-End Earbuds (VE, Blox, SHOZY etc) and Earbud Gear Discussion &... 9 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 10 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 11 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions 11 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by areek
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › X-18 D2 - Sundown Audio 18" Dual 2-Ohm X-Series Subwoofer by RockeyDA
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse