I'm new to the forums, and really like the community, I know there are a lot of knowledgeable headphone owners here so I would like to ask you a question.
I recently bought a pair of Stax SR-40 from ebay, for 20 bucks (without energizer, already had the SRD-7 SB), they arrived and sound amazing, but I have already been shocked by them (electric shock) like more than 50 times, in fact 1 of every 2 times I touch the metal part of the phones while playing I get shocked.
It's not a hard shock, but it isn't a light shock either, after several of them it really starts to hurt.
I am pretty sure this isn't something normal, so any idea why I'm getting shocked by them?
I haven't get shocked by them while on my head, so what I am doing right now is only touching them on the plastic or leather parts, I am even afraid of wearing them now.
Could it even be a problem from the SRD-7 adapter?